Welcome to the 2013-2014 Cycle

Cesare

Looks like another slow day?

Sorry for the Chicago people! Why can't they just indorm all at once? It's like ripping a band-aid off! Mich and Princeton managed, why npt other schools?

I think it's probably because they bundle MAPSS acceptances (and sometimes MAPSS funding) with their rejections, but I still wish they'd sent a blast email as soon as they'd made all of their acceptance and wait-list decisions. Oh well. Totally expected, and good to have closure on this one!

I think it's probably because they bundle MAPSS acceptances (and sometimes MAPSS funding) with their rejections, but I still wish they'd sent a blast email as soon as they'd made all of their acceptance and wait-list decisions. Oh well. Totally expected, and good to have closure on this one!

Tough luck grotian, but thanks for finally confirming what Chicago still has not. Time to chalk up one more for the no column!

I spent the whole day cleaning house, holding out hope for an admissions notice (somewhere, anywhere!) to make it all worthwhile. At least I can eat off the floor now...

Q (pure intellectual curiosity): Do you guys know about the current "Edathy-gate" in Germany? Just interested in knowing how far things travel, since many people actually know about Guttenberg :D

I haven't heard anything about it, and with a cursory Google search, there's not much that I can find about it that isn't written in German...

General Question- any thoughts on what to wear for admitted visits?

I've been curious about the same thing.. Would hate to show up business casual and have all the other prospective students be in suits... would also hate to show up in a suit and have the others be in shorts.. :D I guess business casual is a relatively safe bet.

I've been curious about the same thing.. Would hate to show up business casual and have all the other prospective students be in suits... would also hate to show up in a suit and have the others be in shorts.. :D I guess business casual is a relatively safe bet.

When visiting weekends happened at my undergrad institution, it seemed that guys tended to wear a nice polo or shirt with khakis and girls wore casual summer dresses with a cardigan.

Can someone claim USC?

They've sent an email some weeks ago saying they'll be sending notifications for the POIR program "no sooner than 19th February but no later than 21st Feb", but I've seen some notifications on the gradcafe survey already, any news about it?

I've been planning a nice pair of dark jeans, a nice tailored extra slim fit dress shirt, and a red blazer. 

I've never understood why people are always concerned about what to wear to admit visits... it's not like the department/uni has a dress code, and the profs are more interested in your abilities and research than in your sartorial choices. I'd just wear whatever makes you feel comfortable. Personally, I would wear jeans and a tee shirt, because idgaf.

I've never understood why people are always concerned about what to wear to admit visits... it's not like the department/uni has a dress code, and the profs are more interested in your abilities and research than in your sartorial choices. I'd just wear whatever makes you feel comfortable. Personally, I would wear jeans and a tee shirt, because idgaf.

What makes me feel comfortable is to be dressed appropriately for the setting. Unless that includes a corset or chaps.

I've been planning a nice pair of dark jeans, a nice tailored extra slim fit dress shirt, and a red blazer.

Well, I guess I know how I'll recognize you if I see you at any visits then ;P

Edit: I'm thinking I'll dress the way I did during my DC internship last summer. It's better to be the only one in a suit than the only one in shorts (eg better to seem overeager than undereager)

Edited by Orlien

Well, I guess I know how I'll recognize you if I see you at any visits then ;P

Don't worry wwmiv, I will wear the same thing to help conceal your identity!  Let's hope we aren't visiting any of the same schools...

Claiming a Rutgers and a SUNY Binghamton admit. I'm pretty much in shock. The Rutgers email was sent on the 14th and went into my spam folder, which I have been checking. Not sure how I didn't see that until today.

Did you have a phone interview for Binghamton? I have an interview this week with them, and I'm curious if they're doing that for everyone, or just people they're on the fence about.