7 minutes ago, ElKel87 said:

I KNOW! I thought it would make it easier having several of my apps through one system but I have not found that to be the case. I also had an issue with one of my transcripts mysteriously not getting there initially. Not sure if that was a problem on the CSDCAS side or with my post-bacc university, but I'm stressing about it all over again with Academic Update.

I'm so fed up with CSDCAS. I feel as though the instructions are not laid out well. I didn't know we had to pay/send our official transcripts from schools for them to verify. I just pressed the button after inputting all mine myself and have been waiting until finally I did more searching and realized. I wish it were more well laid out. MY first due date is 1/15... so I'm hoping they get my stuff and verified by then... otherwise there goes that school (not my top choice anyway, but still)
Luckily my top choice is NOT through CSDCAS so I've been able to put everything myself and it has been far easier.

Good luck everyone! 

I'm also completely fed up with CSDCAS. I feel like it makes the whole process more complicated instead of streamlining it, especially since in my case I only have two schools that use it. 

I am officially done with my apps and omg I can't believe it. All I have to do is add in fall grades on CSDCAS once my transcript has been fully verified and that's it. I'm waiting on one letter of rec for 8/9 schools but they have their deadlines in email. So crazy that it's all out of my hands now. I've been working on this since the middle of August, and I picked out programs I wanted to apply to for a loooooong time.

1 hour ago, julianorts said:

I am officially done with my apps and omg I can't believe it. All I have to do is add in fall grades on CSDCAS once my transcript has been fully verified and that's it. I'm waiting on one letter of rec for 8/9 schools but they have their deadlines in email. So crazy that it's all out of my hands now. I've been working on this since the middle of August, and I picked out programs I wanted to apply to for a loooooong time.

Congrats :) I'm nearly done with all mine as well!! Only waiting for verification for me and then sending my transcripts from this semester.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2016 at 11:28 PM, Kerp said:

Hello everyone. 

Question. I just submitted my CSDCAS to 11 different schools. Today my calculated gpa was posted and I was a little caught off guard. I read all the FAQ's but afraid that my GPA is much lower than the work I have put in since becoming a major in CSD. 

Since I am a transfer student, my GPA did not transfer, only the credits did. My freshman year was not the best and I got 2 C's as an Education major. Those C's arereally affecting my calculated GPA on the CSDCAS along with a few classes in the major that I retook as a CSD major that are calculated into this new GPA  

My question is do people know if schools look at the last 60 credits? Or look at the overall GPA and use that as an accurate measurement? Feeling nervous if I should apply to more schools outside of the CSDCAS. Thoughts?

•  

Same thing with me! The CSDCAS application lowered my overall GPA because it factored in classes I took in high school. It is very frustrating, because my GPA I graduated with and is on my degree/transcript is higher. 

Some schools only look at last 60 or major only, I think it really just depends...

4 hours ago, jmk said:

Where are you all seeing your CSDCAS GPA? I've had my transcripts verified, and done the academic update, but still can't seem to find it?

Same here, I've been wondering the same thing! I've searched everywhere.

I have not heard of the CSDCAS GPA. Has anyone found it? I'm a senior applying to school for Fall 2017 right now and so nervous. I know it will be okay if I don't get in, but just nervous about where my life will go after that. Feeling like my GRE is definitely not good enough, but have taken it twice and seen little improvement. Also, does anyone know much about the schools in Texas that participate in rolling admissions? That's making me even more nervous as I have not completely turned in some applications. 

In-Field; Undergrad GPA 3.71; 148V, 148Q, 4.0AW

Currently: Unsure about everything

Applied: Texas Christian University, Texas Women's University, University of North Texas, University of Texas at Dallas, Stephen F. Austin State University, University of Central Arkansas

Accepted:

Wait-listed:

Rejected:

@jmk @julianorts @meganrich14 You can find your CSDCAS GPA by opening up a submitted application (so go to Check Status, click arrow on program under My Programs, and click Download PDF). You will find it at the end of the Calculated GPA section. I'm sure there is an easier way to see it, but that's the only way I know!

3 minutes ago, plume said:

@jmk @julianorts @meganrich14 You can find your CSDCAS GPA by opening up a submitted application (so go to Check Status, click arrow on program under My Programs, and click Download PDF). You will find it at the end of the Calculated GPA section. I'm sure there is an easier way to see it, but that's the only way I know!

Thank you! I just checked and mine was thankfully correct (probably the first issue I haven't had with CSDCAS).

Well, friends, it's been a weird ride for me this season.

I went from super excited, to worried, to despondent, to 'I can't do this anymore', back to excited, then straight into 'I literally do not want this anymore'.

For anyone applying to any of my nine schools, you have one less person to compete with now. I withdrew all of my applications as of this afternoon (well, I sent out the appropriate emails--only one has responded so far), and I will be pursuing a second bachelor's, this time a B.S. of Computer Science with a minor in Information Security. I know it seems extremely different and a ridiculous change to those of us on this forum, but it makes sense for me in a real-world sense.

I'll probably come back and check things out in April, just to see how you guys do.

Best of luck! You all deserve the best. <3

@Puffer Fish Congratulations. I know this is such a difficult decision and I have noticed that you mentioned uncertainty about the field in past posts because you have other passions outside of speech and language. It is very expensive and stressful for something you are not completely sure about. Also, I hated when people would give me a look when my career ideas were all over the place. I think it is awesome and normal to have varied passions!

I hear information security is a fantastic field right now with lots of interesting opportunities - said from a friend in the field. Good luck on your next adventure!

Hi everyone!

This is my first time on this website and applying to grad schools. I'm looking to get into schools in the jersey/pa area and competition is pretty heavy. If anyone has advice about schools in this area I'd appreciate it! 

I was reading through all my personal statements for schools I applied to, and found that I sent in a statement to three!! schools missing the word "the" in a sentence. I have no idea how that happened...I had multiple people proof my essay and made corrections along the way. Too late to do anything about it now, but its making me want to apply to an extra school or two because of the mistake. :(

45 minutes ago, jmk said:

I was reading through all my personal statements for schools I applied to, and found that I sent in a statement to three!! schools missing the word "the" in a sentence. I have no idea how that happened...I had multiple people proof my essay and made corrections along the way. Too late to do anything about it now, but its making me want to apply to an extra school or two because of the mistake. :(

oh no :(

Maybe if they didn't notice it, neither will the admissions!! I'm sure it won't hurt your statement too badly, fingers crossed for you!

My Academic Update finally processed and was verified. Right on time, too, seeing as my first wave of applications are due on the 15th! 

The end is so close. 

What do you guys suggest wearing to a graduate school open house? I'm applying to Jacksonville University and attending their open house at the end of January. Wondering if I'm supposed to dress business formal like I would for an interview or more casual.

14 hours ago, Callen said:

My Academic Update finally processed and was verified. Right on time, too, seeing as my first wave of applications are due on the 15th! 

The end is so close. 

Hey, wondering how long it took for your academic update to get processed and verified? I submitted new transcripts as soon as I updated it on CSDCAS and its still yellow on the status page. Hopefully it doesnt matter as long as the first batch of transcripts get there... right?

3 hours ago, imunster said:

Hey, wondering how long it took for your academic update to get processed and verified? I submitted new transcripts as soon as I updated it on CSDCAS and its still yellow on the status page. Hopefully it doesnt matter as long as the first batch of transcripts get there... right?

Not too long once my transcript arrived to CSDCAS!! I think maybe 3 days? It took awhile for my updated transcripts to arrive to CSDCAS though. 

I think it depends on the school - some are picky and want everything verified by the deadline, whereas others just say "as long as you manually entered your update, no biggie"

Anyone else already starting to be crazy impatient? I feel that I submitted all my applications that I wanted to submit and now its all just a waiting game. How do you deal with the waiting?