2017 Acceptances

2 hours ago, RydraWong said:

Wait that definitely happened to me this morning too haha...the DGS from Indiana called and it was an Oakland area code so the small part of me that is still clinging onto hope for good news from Berkeley was like "What is happening??" and then she said she was from Indiana and I kind of deflated a little and then I tried to recover and I was like "Hi thank you so much for calling!" And then I had to awkwardly let her know I had class in ten minutes and couldn't really talk. So yep, basically just going to let all calls in the next month go to voicemail. :P Introverts + out of the blue phone calls = not a good combo indeed. 

Whew...glad I wasn't the only one! We can be awkward in solidarity :D 

3 minutes ago, Caien said:

Best of luck to @loganondorf, @Sunsy, @Mippipopolous and everyone else off to Notre Dame tomorrow! :)

Thanks! :) I actually just got into the hotel a bit ago—met some of the other applicants on the bus ride here, a very nice and cool group so far! Looking forward to meeting everyone tonight at dinner. Congrats on the Nebraska admit, @JeremyWrites! I was just accepted into their PhD program last night, also waiting on funding too. It definitely seems like a great program! 

2 hours ago, JeremyWrites said:

Implied rejection, shmimplied smejection! 

I got admitted to the MA program at University of Nebraska-Lincoln! I'm completely beside myself with excitement. After so many acceptances went out I was sure that I was toast. I applied for the PhD program, but I think the MA will be a great way for me to get my feet wet in rhet/comp. I'm number one on the waitlist for funding, they said, so if they're able to offer me a position, I'll be off to graduate school! 

1 hour ago, anxiousgrad said:

Out of upvotes, but so happy for you! Congrats!

^ This exactly!!

Oh @JeremyWrites, I am SO happy for you! You've been such a delightful presence on this board, and I've been getting more and more antsy on your behalf with each rejection / non-acceptance. Thrilled that you've got a program to go to in the fall -- academia will be better for it!

2 hours ago, shoestofollow said:

So I caved and called UCLA. I was told admissions decisions have not been sent out yet but will be starting tomorrow and through the end of next week! In case anyone's in the same boat as me.

So IDK if the acceptance posted was just an early notification or someone mistyped...

Bless ye. Now I can dismiss my left eye from duty, constantly scanning for that "(1)" to pop up next to the word "Inbox" on my email (god even typing it gave me shivers by this point). Anyone else's heart stopping only to freeze in their throats every time their current school emails them about phishing scandals and career fairs?

4 minutes ago, piers_plowman said:

Bless ye. Now I can dismiss my left eye from duty, constantly scanning for that "(1)" to pop up next to the word "Inbox" on my email (god even typing it gave me shivers by this point). Anyone else's heart stopping only to freeze in their throats every time their current school emails them about phishing scandals and career fairs?

I had to stop myself from getting up at 5 in the morning to check my email today. I was thinking "Maybe they're already in the office on the East Coast." Oy...

Ah thank you @anxiousgrad @RydraWong @Mippipopolous(and congrats to you too!) and @Wyatt's Terps for saying such nice things! This board is so wonderfully supportive. I love it. 

For people still waiting, I believe in you! You can do the thing!

And @engphiledu posted as I was writing this, so congrats on South Carolina! 

Edited by JeremyWrites
MORE EXCITEMENT!

19 minutes ago, engphiledu said:

Accepted to South Carolina! So happy to hear some good news this week. 

Congratulations to all! And I hope for the best for all who are still waiting. 

HUZZAH!! You're starting to clean up!

So did they actually notify by postal mail? That's...that's...very 19th century transatlantic of them! :P

13 minutes ago, Wyatt's Terps said:

HUZZAH!! You're starting to clean up!

So did they actually notify by postal mail? That's...that's...very 19th century transatlantic of them! :P

Ha! I know, right? What's better is that they included an "acceptance form" (when you decide to accept the offer) to be mailed back! 

So, I'm noticing a lot of folks on this thread who refer to being waitlisted, rejected, etc by Boston College in their signatures--does anyone have any info on when they sent out Lit acceptances this year? I haven't heard a word about acceptance, rejection, or waitlisting, and their online portal just tells me that my application is "complete". I don't want to bug the department, but I'm also a bit perplexed. Help?

3 minutes ago, ratanegra19 said:

So, I'm noticing a lot of folks on this thread who refer to being waitlisted, rejected, etc by Boston College in their signatures--does anyone have any info on when they sent out Lit acceptances this year? I haven't heard a word about acceptance, rejection, or waitlisting, and their online portal just tells me that my application is "complete". I don't want to bug the department, but I'm also a bit perplexed. Help?

@Caien shows an acceptance! (Sorry to invoke you, Caien!)

I received my waitlist on January 30 via email. Dr. Najarian called later that day to give me more details about waitlist. No status on my portal has changed.

Sorry I don't have additional information!

6 minutes ago, engphiledu said:

@Caien shows an acceptance! (Sorry to invoke you, Caien!)

I received my waitlist on January 30 via email. Dr. Najarian called later that day to give me more details about waitlist. No status on my portal has changed.

Sorry I don't have additional information!

Thanks a bunch--it's good to know that the ball is rolling, at least. As they say, knowing is half the battle :) 

I guess no news is good news...:unsure:

2 hours ago, engphiledu said:

Accepted to South Carolina! So happy to hear some good news this week. 

Congratulations to all! And I hope for the best for all who are still waiting. 

Yay! Congratulations!! I'm in there, too, as of yesterday. The weird archaic mail acceptance threw me for a loop. My mentor also found it odd, but said it didn't surprise him, coming from U of SC...whatever that means, haha

I also just got a strange evening email from UC Riverside! Another of my top choices. I was offered a Eugene Cota Robles Award on top of a TA stipend, so that's pretty fantastic! I'm stoked. My brain hurts trying to think of which option is going to be best at this point, though. I know it's such a privileged problem to have, but man.

Edited by imogenshakes

39 minutes ago, imogenshakes said:

Yay! Congratulations!! I'm in there, too, as of yesterday. The weird archaic mail acceptance threw me for a loop. My mentor also found it odd, but said it didn't surprise him, coming from U of SC...whatever that means, haha

I also just got a strange evening email from UC Riverside! Another of my top choices. I was offered a Eugene Cota Robles Award on top of a TA stipend, so that's pretty fantastic! I'm stoked. My brain hurts trying to think of which option is going to be best at this point, though. I know it's such a privileged problem to have, but man.

Damn, dude! You're batting a thousand--a million congratulations!

40 minutes ago, imogenshakes said:

Wow, congratulations! You have so many amazing options.

42 minutes ago, imogenshakes said:

Big congrats to you!! UC Riverside has such an awesome program. I applied there as well but haven't heard a word...I wonder if they'll be sending out more acceptances in the next couple days? Although you're right that having that many options is kinda a problem in and of itself haha. 

Also it looks like we have a lot of overlap in our school apps! I also applied to UCSB. :) Hope we run into each other at a visit weekend someday 

8 minutes ago, ratanegra19 said:

Damn, dude! You're batting a thousand--a million congratulations!

7 minutes ago, CrunchyMamademic said:

Wow, congratulations! You have so many amazing options.

Thanks guys! I think I won't be sleeping until April and I know where I'm going! 

4 minutes ago, RydraWong said:

Big congrats to you!! UC Riverside has such an awesome program. I applied there as well but haven't heard a word...I wonder if they'll be sending out more acceptances in the next couple days? Although you're right that having that many options is kinda a problem in and of itself haha. 

Also it looks like we have a lot of overlap in our school apps! I also applied to UCSB. :) Hope we run into each other at a visit weekend someday 

Thanks! I actually thought things were slowing down for me when I saw those three acceptances posted a few days ago...I was geared up for a rejection. So they may just be taking their merry sweet time with notifications. Definitely don't write them off just yet! 

I do hope we run into each other at some point! I wish I was going to be able to make Madison's visiting day, but it would be so great to meet up at Riverside or SB (also, it seems like Davis might still be notifying, someone posted another acceptance either today or yesterday! So who knows?) if we can swing it! Fingers crossed that SB notifies soon!

I just got an email from Alabama and had a heart attck. Saw the topic and had another one: "Your UA Graduate Application Has Been Referred."

Read it, and was both let down and lifted up:  

"Your application to the English, MA program has been compiled by the Graduate School and referred to the academic department office for their review. 

You will need to contact the department office directly with any questions about their timeline for making admissions recommendations.  For help finding departmental contacts, you can click here.
Best regards,
UA Graduate School Staff"

SO CLOSE. 

63733587.jpg

I've been lurking for a while, but this thread is so encouraging that I decided to post. I have yet to have any acceptances, but am still trying to keep the faith! Congrats to all those who've gotten in!

Edited by allywally

23 minutes ago, allywally said:

I've been lurking for a while, but this thread is so encouraging that I decided to post. I have yet to have any acceptances, but am still trying to keep the faith! Congrats to all those who've gotten in!

I'm out of upvotes, but I'll come back and make sure I give this a plus one later!

Routing for you!!

32 minutes ago, allywally said:

You'll get one! Or more! How many do you still have undecided?

1 hour ago, ChloeCriss said:

I just got an email from Alabama and had a heart attck. Saw the topic and had another one: "Your UA Graduate Application Has Been Referred."

Read it, and was both let down and lifted up:  

"Your application to the English, MA program has been compiled by the Graduate School and referred to the academic department office for their review. 

You will need to contact the department office directly with any questions about their timeline for making admissions recommendations.  For help finding departmental contacts, you can click here.
Best regards,
UA Graduate School Staff"

SO CLOSE. 

63733587.jpg

I got a similar email yesterday from one of the universities in applied to. It's not an acceptance, but at this point, any not bad news is good news.