2017 Acceptances

45 minutes ago, shoestofollow said:

For all my fellow NYU applicants, here's hoping we hear good news this week!

Same for my fellow UMich / Princeton / Rutgers applicants. Even if it's nothing but rejections (for me), I'm excited about the prospect of more results this week!

2 hours ago, Wyatt's Terps said:

Same for my fellow UMich / Princeton / Rutgers applicants. Even if it's nothing but rejections (for me), I'm excited about the prospect of more results this week!

Same here! For both Princeton and Harvard! And for everyone who hasn't heard back from schools that have already sent out some responses.

I'm a little panicky about getting all rejections but I'd honestly rather known than not. 

6 hours ago, shoestofollow said:

For all my fellow NYU applicants, here's hoping we hear good news this week!

amen!!!!
i just want to ask them what's taking them so long!

Got into Irvine! Got an email from DGS this morning apologizing for some of the letters going out late and causing confusion with his correction email. Any confusion is totally worth it at this point though! Holy crap, this was definitely a school I had totally taken myself out of the running for! So excited!!

6 minutes ago, mereandtonks said:

Got into Irvine! Got an email from DGS this morning apologizing for some of the letters going out late and causing confusion with his correction email. Any confusion is totally worth it at this point though! Holy crap, this was definitely a school I had totally taken myself out of the running for! So excited!!

Congrats! :)

5 minutes ago, mereandtonks said:

Congratulations! You did it!

9 minutes ago, mereandtonks said:

Ahh!! congrats!! feels better than a regular acceptance i'm sure!!!!

11 minutes ago, mereandtonks said:

So many congratulatory hugs sent your way :) 

16 minutes ago, Yanaka said:

So many congratulatory hugs sent your way :) 

18 minutes ago, KTF87 said:

Ahh!! congrats!! feels better than a regular acceptance i'm sure!!!!

21 minutes ago, positivitize said:

Congratulations! You did it!

21 minutes ago, Warelin said:

Congrats! :)

Thank you all so much! I know it's just one school, but it seriously feels like all of my work up to now has been legitimized. And yes, @KTF87, it weirdly does! lol

Interesting feeling @mereandtonks!! I get what you mean! It's like we feel like we don't exist before someone actually shows interest and therefore validates what we've come up with! Well I should say "you", since I'm not being validated just yet :P Even if it's only one school, it's a great school. Ah, to live in California...

50 minutes ago, mereandtonks said:

Congrats!! I knew that weird email probably meant good news....Maybe I'll see you at visiting weekend. :)

Thank you all so much! I know it's just one school, but it seriously feels like all of my work up to now has been legitimized. And yes, @KTF87, it weirdly does! lol

1 hour ago, mereandtonks said:

From what I've heard, Irvine is one of the safest communities. http://www.businessinsider.com/irvine-california-is-americas-safest-city-2013-7

What are your interests?

I got my first response/acceptance!!  I'm officially accepted to University of Alabama's fully funded Masters program!! It comes with waived tuition, a $13,500 Graduate Assistant stipend and an $800 Loomis scholarship (per year). Hallelujah. One down, four more to go. 

It's just such a relief that no matter what happens, I am moving forward.

3598882.jpg

5 minutes ago, ChloeCriss said:

I got my first response/acceptance!!  I'm officially accepted to University of Alabama's fully funded Masters program!! It comes with waived tuition, a $13,500 Graduate Assistant stipend and an $800 Loomis scholarship (per year). Hallelujah. One down, four more to go. 

3598882.jpg

Way to go! Congratulations!

8 minutes ago, ChloeCriss said:

Woot woot! Congrats! :D

18 minutes ago, ChloeCriss said:

3598882.jpg

OMG!!!!!!! congratulations!!

also, congrats to whomever will claim the Northeastern English acceptance!!!!! u got a big ball in your court and you ought to enjoy it!!!

Edited by KTF87

16 minutes ago, ChloeCriss said:

3598882.jpg

Waaaaaah! May I ask "why" tuition has been waived? Do they do that for most of their students, or was it specific to your profile? 

Congratulations!!! "Sweet home Alabama" is the most appropriate song for you to listen, right now!

15 minutes ago, ChloeCriss said:

3598882.jpg

Congrats!

We can't be friends anymore, though, unfortunately. War Eagle, Roll Tide, hoorah football and all that.

By the way, totally kidding. Though when I first came to Auburn for my Master's, I was very quickly educated on the rivalry and told where my allegiances needed to be. You can't beat the Alabama/Auburn football spirit.

I was like, "But, I'm only here to read books." Wrong.

Seriously, though, awesome news!! It only takes one!

3 minutes ago, Yanaka said:

Waaaaaah! May I ask "why" tuition has been waived? Do they do that for most of their students, or was it specific to your profile? 

Usually, when you receive funding from an American university (though, this is a broad stroke to paint) the funding package will include some combination, if not both, tuition remission (some % or all)  + stipend. 

2 minutes ago, eatthatbee said:

Usually, when you receive funding from an American university (though, this is a broad stroke to paint) the funding package will include some combination, if not both, tuition remission (some % or all)  + stipend. 

Sure, but since Chloechriss has been admitted for a funded MA, I thought I'd ask specifics :) 

20 minutes ago, Yanaka said:

I only applied to MA programs that waive tuition. I told myself that if I can't get into a funded program, then I am not qualified enough to go yet.

2 minutes ago, ChloeCriss said:

I only applied to MA programs that waive tuition. I told myself that if I can't get into a funded program, then I am not qualified enough to go yet.

Thanks for the info :) 

Anyone else check their USC portal after one poster said they'd received their rejection letter from a random check? Anything there? Mine is empty, but I can't decide if that's a good sign or if the Graduate Office is simply taking some time to upload them all. *crosses fingers nervously*

4 minutes ago, Avalanched said:

Anyone else check their USC portal after one poster said they'd received their rejection letter from a random check? Anything there? Mine is empty, but I can't decide if that's a good sign or if the Graduate Office is simply taking some time to upload them all. *crosses fingers nervously*

You should probably specify which USC. I'm guessing you mean University of Southern California, but the USC is also (confusingly) used for University of South Carolina. If you mean the latter, then it looks like acceptances went out last week...