2018 Acceptances

5 hours ago, AnxiousNerd said:

Yep.... I'm a US resident in Germany and it's miserable... especially because I always come to post on gradcafe when everyone else is asleep, lol. 

That too. At least we can respond very promptly if anyone needs to know what time it is on the East Coast! Got that down.

15 hours ago, WildeThing said:

Is the CUNY result legit? Since it said City College I was wondering whether someone made a mistake or whether it was a different program somehow.

Also, given the time of day, I'm assuming that there are no more Brown acceptances. Then again, there were phone calls over the weekend so who fucking knows how any of this works.

Yeah I had called yesterday after the first wave of acceptances were posted, and they said that they'd sent out some acceptances but still had more to send out later in the day, but I didn't see anything else posted last night soooooooo who knows.  I was really hoping for some good news and now I'm just anxious lol

Just got this email: "It is with great pleasure that I write to inform you that you have been identified as one of the top applicants to Northeastern University's PhD program in English...we are inviting a select group to campus so that they can make a more informed decision about Northeastern if they are ultimately admitted to the doctoral program"

Feeling pretty good!!

8 minutes ago, Melville said:

Just got this email: "It is with great pleasure that I write to inform you that you have been identified as one of the top applicants to Northeastern University's PhD program in English...we are inviting a select group to campus so that they can make a more informed decision about Northeastern if they are ultimately admitted to the doctoral program"

Feeling pretty good!!

That’s amazing! 

42 minutes ago, Dogfish Head said:

I got into WVU's MA program! I woke to a lovely voicemail from the director of the program! I am so excited!

11 minutes ago, canadianchart said:

Got into North Carolina State!!!! WOOOOOO

9 minutes ago, Melville said:

Feeling pretty good!!

Congratulations to you all!!! 

Not sure if anybody else is waiting to hear from UConn, but I spoke to the DGS who informed me that we will find out decisions in 7-10 days (this was yesterday). 

Also, I have gotten word that Penn has made their decisions and is awaiting final approval from the Dean before sending out. AH. 

46 minutes ago, canadianchart said:

Congrats!!! Makes me nervous that I still haven't heard from them, lol. If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application? I submitted mine fairly late so i'm hoping that's why.

26 minutes ago, midwest-ford said:

I got in to Miami as well! 

Yay! Congrats. I guess I'll see you at MSU's recruitment weekend soon and then Miami's. Has anyone from Miami reached out yet? I'm trying to decide how long I should wait 

23 minutes ago, evanmarie said:

Not sure if anybody else is waiting to hear from UConn, but I spoke to the DGS who informed me that we will find out decisions in 7-10 days (this was yesterday). 

Also, I have gotten word that Penn has made their decisions and is awaiting final approval from the Dean before sending out. AH. 

Does that mean today?!?! I already feel like I’m going to throw up, and I wasn’t even factoring Penn in....

2 hours ago, Dogfish Head said:

I got into WVU's MA program! I woke to a lovely voicemail from the director of the program! I am so excited!

Yesss! I knew good news was coming your way! Congrats!!

1 hour ago, canadianchart said:

Yay! I can't imagine what North Carolina will look like through Canadian eyes. It's a fascinating place.

1 hour ago, Melville said:

Feeling pretty good!!

They totally want to admit you. They're just playing hard to get.

53 minutes ago, midwest-ford said:

I got in to Miami as well! 

Congratulations!! I guess that 48 hour wait was worth it haha

34 minutes ago, themoderncondition said:

Does that mean today?!?! I already feel like I’m going to throw up, and I wasn’t even factoring Penn in....

Probably not! I think most likely end of this week-early next week! Sorry- I didn't mean to make anyone more nervous!!!

59 minutes ago, sarahchristine said:

Congrats!!! Makes me nervous that I still haven't heard from them, lol. If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application? I submitted mine fairly late so i'm hoping that's why.

Hey there,  different person but I received my acceptance to the literature MA at NCSU this morning. My application was complete in early January! There was no information on funding though.