2018 Acceptances

11 minutes ago, LeeLeeCzechIrish said:

Dumb question but is there a certain time of day when emails from schools go out? Is it only during business hours? Can I shut down my addiction to GC, email, portals from 5pm until 9 am? Seems like a reasonable thing to ask??!!

Doesn't seem like it. I got one e-mail right on the hour (7PM EST but from the west coast), so I get most nervous around then, but seems like personalized e-mails or phone calls would come at less scheduled times. Just glad I'm not international or I'd be waking up and checking my e-mail in the middle of the night even more than I am now.

Also, hello all… been lurking for a while now, congrats to those who have been accepted!

1 hour ago, midwest-ford said:

Good to know, thank you! ...I actually think I received the email exactly 24 hours after you... This is too much precision for me to handle!

I haven't been watching this thread super closely--have you been accepted to other programs yet? 

I've been accepted to Virginia Tech. I'm expecting to hear back from the rest of my programs in the next few weeks. 

54 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

@la_mod CONGRATS!! Another in the bag!

Hi! Sorry for the late response and the stress! It was me (submitting it for a friend). It was definitely a personalized acceptance so I imagine results will officially be coming out soon!  

Thank you for your response!

1 hour ago, la_mod said:

GOT INTO UCSB!!!!!! I had completely given up!

Oh I'm so happy for you! Not one, but two options! In two great schools nonetheless! 

2 hours ago, katie64 said:

Anyone else heard from absolutely no schools so far? Just drumming my fingers over here :P Patience is a virtue, I know, I know. It's teaching this over thinker a lesson, that's for sure. 

Me!  Going insane, one click of the refresh button at a time...

Wow, thanks a million, @Warelin, @jrockford27, @punctilious, @FreakyFoucault, @Mellowyellow, @bumbleblu, @E. Coronaria, @Wabbajack, @M(allthevowels)H, @JustPoesieAlong, @LibraryLivingJT! You all rule; I'm really feeling the love today.

Huge huge congrats to @Warelin, @la_mod, @E. Coronaria, @renea, @maengret, and others I may have missed! A great day for so many.

Well, I got my first rejection and also see that a letter writer totally didn't submit a letter and I must have lost track of it. :(

Still waiting on others, but it's looking bleak. I didn't apply to many schools.

27 minutes ago, LexHex said:

Great! How did you find out?

email with attached letter. i was really surprised, as i had seen that someone else received an email a few days ago. i think they're staggering them....

and thank you @Warelin, @Crow T. Robot, @FreakyFoucault, @LeeLeeCzechIrish, @punctilious, @Wooshkuh, @Mellowyellow, @Yanaka, @LibraryLivingJT

19 minutes ago, la_mod said:

email with attached letter. i was really surprised, as i had seen that someone else received an email a few days ago. i think they're staggering them....

and thank you @Warelin, @Crow T. Robot, @FreakyFoucault, @LeeLeeCzechIrish, @punctilious, @Wooshkuh, @Mellowyellow, @Yanaka, @LibraryLivingJT

I hope they are! And congrats again.

@punctilious they sent me a rejection this morning. Waitlist notice this afternoon. At this rate, I’ll be accepted by the morning :lol:

1 hour ago, LexHex said:

Well, I got my first rejection and also see that a letter writer totally didn't submit a letter and I must have lost track of it. :(

Still waiting on others, but it's looking bleak. I didn't apply to many schools.

@LexHex oh no! I am sorry about the missing letter. It is so easy to lose track of those, especially if you have to keep reminding the same person... 

Are you applying for MA or PhD?

50 minutes ago, maengret said:

@punctilious they sent me a rejection this morning. Waitlist notice this afternoon. At this rate, I’ll be accepted by the morning :lol:

@LexHex oh no! I am sorry about the missing letter. It is so easy to lose track of those, especially if you have to keep reminding the same person... 

Are you applying for MA or PhD?

Phd!

7 hours ago, hng said:

Doesn't seem like it. I got one e-mail right on the hour (7PM EST but from the west coast), so I get most nervous around then, but seems like personalized e-mails or phone calls would come at less scheduled times. Just glad I'm not international or I'd be waking up and checking my e-mail in the middle of the night even more than I am now.

Also, hello all… been lurking for a while now, congrats to those who have been accepted!

Lol. I'm a US resident but finishing up an undergrad degree in the UK while waiting on grad school application results. And yes, the time difference is an additional torture, I can vouch for that. Not at all conducive to a good night's sleep. 

1 hour ago, D13charlie said:

Lol. I'm a US resident but finishing up an undergrad degree in the UK while waiting on grad school application results. And yes, the time difference is an additional torture, I can vouch for that. Not at all conducive to a good night's sleep. 

Yep.... I'm a US resident in Germany and it's miserable... especially because I always come to post on gradcafe when everyone else is asleep, lol. 

9 hours ago, LexHex said:

This happened to me this season too on one application. It’s dissapointing. One the bright side, they didn’t reject you! There was an error in your file, which in a perfect world you might have caught. But it’s not a perfect world and you were busy pouring your heart and soul into your applications. Best of luck to you! Please do not be so down on yourself ?