Canada MSW 2019

mriley26

1 hour ago, Purple-Elephant said:

Yes, from what I have read they have a much larger program (around 150 students) whereas Western accepts 15, and Laurier not much more than that either. However, you have to think about how many people live in Toronto and how many applications they receive too. Not sure what their admission % is. I would be interested to know though!

From a presentation I went to their admission percentage was still 17% of applicants. Which was the same as Laurier. I think the difference is the sheer number of applicants.

14 hours ago, Socwrk2 said:

Has anyone not heard from Laurier advanced standing..?Or am I alone in this. 

I have not heard from them either.
I am assuming I didn't get in as I have heard from people (on and off of this forum) that have been accepted or been waitlisted.

On 2/19/2019 at 1:34 PM, MSW-101 said:

Gerontology

I'm a second year student in BSW and I'd love to get into the Gerontology stream at UOFT for my MSW. May I ask what your experience, GPA etc was for UOFT? Do you also have alot of experience with the elderly? I have some experience from volunteer and field experience. Most of my experience is from my current job working with adults with intellectual disabilities so I'm not sure if the mental health stream would be more fitting.

Is anyone still waiting to hear from Waterloo online part time? I feel I need to make a final decision and am just waiting on them...

30 minutes ago, Back to School said:

I have not heard from them either.
I am assuming I didn't get in as I have heard from people (on and off of this forum) that have been accepted or been waitlisted.

If that is the case - do you have any idea where we would receive confirmation of our rejection from (i.e. would it be on loris or emailed?)

2 minutes ago, Socwrk2 said:

If that is the case - do you have any idea where we would receive confirmation of our rejection from (i.e. would it be on loris or emailed?)

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to that question. I am assuming they are going to get all of their offers out first and then send their rejections, but that is only speculation. 

49 minutes ago, Back to School said:

From a presentation I went to their admission percentage was still 17% of applicants. Which was the same as Laurier. I think the difference is the sheer number of applicants.

That is good to know! Exactly what I would assume, that they would have a TON of applicants!

3 hours ago, socialworkit said:

I'm a second year student in BSW and I'd love to get into the Gerontology stream at UOFT for my MSW. May I ask what your experience, GPA etc was for UOFT? Do you also have alot of experience with the elderly? I have some experience from volunteer and field experience. Most of my experience is from my current job working with adults with intellectual disabilities so I'm not sure if the mental health stream would be more fitting.

I private message you. 

I didn't receive a call from Ryerson. Does anyone know when or how to check online if you're accepted or not? I was told RAMSS would be updated but does anyone know when? Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Anniemsw said:

I didn't receive a call from Ryerson. Does anyone know when or how to check online if you're accepted or not? I was told RAMSS would be updated but does anyone know when? Thanks.

Hey I was sent an email .. I think you get an email when Ramms is updated. You can receive insight into your app until like April with ryerson I heard 

30 minutes ago, Anniemsw said:

I'd like to know the same thing! Just send that waitlist e-mail already 

On 3/5/2019 at 12:56 PM, SocialWERK2019 said:

Anyone who got accepted into the U of T advanced standing program: when is your deadline to accept? I’m currently on the waitlist and I’m just wondering if there is a possibility of movement any time soon? I know it’s a long shot, but I’ve recently talked to two people who were accepted off the waitlist in previous years. 

Thanks!

I'm also interested to know the answer to this question! Does anyone that got accepted into the UofT advanced standing MSW have an answer ?

15 minutes ago, French_MSW said:

I'm also interested to know the answer to this question! Does anyone that got accepted into the UofT advanced standing MSW have an answer ?

U of T wants an answer by March 19th (for me anyway).  My letter was dated Feb 19/19 and they want an answer within four weeks of the letter.  Hope that helps!  Also, I'm turning down my offer there as I've been offered funding elsewhere so there will be a spot open!  Best of luck :)

Edited by Laurabeth79
Additional info

7 minutes ago, Laurabeth79 said:

U of T wants an answer by March 19th (for me anyway).  My letter was dated Feb 19/19 and they want an answer within four weeks of the letter.  Hope that helps!  Also, I'm turning down my offer there as I've been offered funding elsewhere so there will be a spot open!  Best of luck :)

Thanks for the quick response and the small sliver of hope! :) Which program did you decide to go with instead?

has anyone heard any good news from the 2 year MSW program from king's? I am very nervous to open my email and find out the results as is the only school that I applied to. 

8 minutes ago, DovesLanding said:

Does anyone have any idea how large the waitlist is at King's. Is it everyone who met the eligibility criteria, in ranked order I assume..or do they cap the waitlist size? 

hey, on this forum two days ago people got rejections letters from King's so I assume there is a cap, but I am anxiously waiting as well. 

Edited by SK19

My Loris updated today stating that my application was unsuccessful. I did not receive an email. I applied to the advanced standing MSW program.

Edited by KD.msw

1 hour ago, French_MSW said:

Thanks for the quick response and the small sliver of hope! :) Which program did you decide to go with instead?

No problem!  Glad to help :)  After MUCH consideration, I decided to go with Carleton.  They offered me a great funding package, and while it doesn't have the prestige of U of T, the location and the program structure works better for me.  Plus money is kind of a thing for me right now!  I'm not entirely sure I made the right decision (lol), but it seemed like a better fit.  All the best to you!  

26 minutes ago, SK19 said:

has anyone heard any good news from the 2 year MSW program from king's? I am very nervous to open my email and find out the results as is the only school that I applied to. 

I did! I'm still completely shocked that I got accepted! Good luck to everyone waiting on hearing back!!