2019 Applicants

5 minutes ago, trytostay said:

They tweeted yesterday that they don't anticipate closing. But we shall see! Whether it's today or Friday, it'll definitely be this week.... I hope, omg.

someone mentioned that in the past it’s been calls on friday/saturday/sunday. so if there’s nothing this week, we’ve still got a weekend to spend on edge ? 

Yeah Rutgers traditionally spreads their phone calls anywhere from Thurs-Sun, but they usually call over the weekend. Given the past years' notification schedules, it's likely that there'll be some notifications made this weekend. Fingers crossed...that's my top choice.

1 hour ago, BeachBum said:

Come on, UVA - swing the sword! I'm ready!

I was really thrown off to see the UVA rejections on the board this morning, not having got one myself--glad my head's not alone on this chopping block.

Edited by Rootbound

Just now, Rootbound said:

I was really thrown off to see the UVA rejections on the board this morning, not having got one myself--glad my head's not alone on this chopping block.

I'd like to add a note here: There are some schools that have 'invisible waitlists'.

11 minutes ago, northwestnative said:

Last year, for what it's worth, I was sent an email informing me I was on UVA's waitlist, and my portal did not update until April with the final rejection.

Ah. Well I can’t say this is particularly encouraging information, but good to have nonetheless. Thanks! 

2 hours ago, jr246 said:

im also in the UVA boat of no news…anyone know why??

One theory--in past years a few rejections came on the second day, (and it's possible that those were misreported because they weren't seen on the first day) so it's possible we are just at the end of the alphabet or something. My last name starts with "W" so it's possible.

A more favorable theory--last year waitlist notifications went out after rejections. The ones I have read said that they were either waitlisted and invited to visit or "on a long waitlist" but admitted to the MA program (which I don't think is funded).

I applied to Rutgers for Fall 2017 and received a phone call from the DGS that I'd been put on a waitlist during the last week of Feb. I'm assuming that's when I'll be hearing back this time round, too

Edited by cfung92

2 minutes ago, kendalldinniene said:

Sorry but “Columbia was my safety school” ???? Some people are really out to get that anonymous internet hate today.

People are so wild honestly. They must be feeling sooooooooooo hurt right now.

28 minutes ago, dangermouse said:

maybe i was being too generous reading it as sarcastic, but my go to response against rejection is always sarcasm so i always assume that is how everyone else copes as well ? 

You’re probably right, I’ve been working in customer service too long, lol, I often believe the worst.

But I mean today someone ordered a chef salad and was mad as hell when it came out that it wasn’t a sandwich soooooooo perhaps my cynicism isn’t entirely unreasonable ?

I wake up this morning... to a Columbia rejection lol. I'm now wishing I posted something witty for my results board post. Currently referred to the free-standing MA, so fingers crossed there.

More of a relief than anything. This was a strange limbo to be held in, so glad it's finally over.

Alright Yale, I'm ready. You've already sent your acceptance notifications out. Come on Yale GSAS, pls.

1 hour ago, kendalldinniene said:

You’re probably right, I’ve been working in customer service too long, lol, I often believe the worst.

But I mean today someone ordered a chef salad and was mad as hell when it came out that it wasn’t a sandwich soooooooo perhaps my cynicism isn’t entirely unreasonable ?

it says salad! what did they expect! (i blame x salad sandwiches but still)

Edited by jadeisokay

8 minutes ago, jadeisokay said:

it says salad! what did they expect! (i blame x salad sandwiches but still)

Yes, goddamn tuna/egg salad!!!!  Haha, but this is a near weekly occurrence.  The other day someone ordered nachos with no mustard...they thought the nachos were a sandwich.  

Edited by kendalldinniene

6 minutes ago, stressbot3000 said:

I’m at work but will someone pls call UVA and ask what’s going on? I will be forever grateful  

I believe it was @The Wordsworthian who called yesterday and was told they’d sent out all acceptances and waitlists - I think that unfortunately we’re just waiting on very slow rejections :( it looks like last year rejections were spaced out too.

Obviously futile hope, but are we *sure* that Yale has sent out all its acceptances? Weren’t only two posted on the board? That seems exceptionally low, especially compared to Princeton/Columbia. And they were via phone. (It’s the last big thing I’m waiting on and am impatient...)

3 minutes ago, 3131 said:

Obviously futile hope, but are we *sure* that Yale has sent out all its acceptances? Weren’t only two posted on the board? That seems exceptionally low, especially compared to Princeton/Columbia. And they were via phone. (It’s the last big thing I’m waiting on and am impatient...)

I was just about to post about Yale! I think it’s decinitely an IR for me, but that hope just won’t die, no matter how much I tamp down on it. 

Fingers and toes crossed for us both. 

Edited by Anonymouse124