MFA 2019 Freak Out Forum

justaylor

6 minutes ago, EastCoastPhoto said:

They seem to do it early. I know someone who got their UDel acceptance a few hours ago via email, plus all of the three GrdCafe results show notifications going out within a week or so after 2/15, assuming the deadline has stayed static.

Best of luck to you!

Edit: Also, there was no interview. 

Good to know! Thank you! I’ll keep an eye out for it. :) 

1 hour ago, youlookguilty said:

Hi everyone, been anonymously lurking and reading here the past few months through my application process. I applied to 7 schools and have only heard back from Yale (rejection) and MECA (acceptance via phone call last tuesday). 

Has anyone heard from the following schools? 

Columbia University (I think I read they all ready sent out interviews for painting)
RISD
UMass Amherst 
University of Oregon
University of Washington

Also, I am currently finishing undergrad at Pratt Institute. If anyone has questions about the school I'd be more than happy to share some info. 

There's a handful of us waiting for University of Oregon still.. Admissions office said interview notifications would most likely go out early March. One more week! :)

Edited by MjamesPDX
Forgot to mention*

2 hours ago, youlookguilty said:

Hi everyone, been anonymously lurking and reading here the past few months through my application process. I applied to 7 schools and have only heard back from Yale (rejection) and MECA (acceptance via phone call last tuesday). 

Has anyone heard from the following schools? 

Columbia University (I think I read they all ready sent out interviews for painting)
RISD
UMass Amherst 
University of Oregon
University of Washington

Also, I am currently finishing undergrad at Pratt Institute. If anyone has questions about the school I'd be more than happy to share some info. 

I've had several seperate interviews with faculty at UWashington. I think they're still narrowing down people on their shortlist.

Has anyone got the SAIC fashion acceptance ? I know some students got acceptance by other programme, but not sure fashion…

I have taken the interview on 12th Feb, but no any feedback by far. there are some students they received the rejection letter and Post-baccalaureate advice before interview?????

I am soooooo nervous this week…I sent the email to admission one week ago, but no one reply me??????

I find that most of you here are fine art students? Like, sculpture and painting. I think I'm the only one from illustration major and trying to transition to slightly different major? I actually had an i terview on Monday with MICA Illustration Practice. It was about 25min long interview. I seriously don't know how I did it. I was too nervous and honestly did not look intelligent as I was speaking. I was lost as I was speaking for a few of my artworks. I don't know how selective and hard it it to get in MFA program, especially when you are trying to get in to the exact same major. I studied Illustration in BFA at Parsons. The schools I applied are illustration, fine art and digital arts. I'm just really insecured and anxious now. So far I got rejected from two out of nine I applied. Is anyone as anxious as I am?

Has anyone interviewed with Yale yet? Or know anyone who has? I've got my interview coming up on the 28th and was curious to see what type of questions they ask. Good luck to anyone who is currently interviewing!

10 hours ago, sparky7184 said:

Hi, did you get accepted from RISD Digital+Media profram already? 

Hello, yes. RISD DM sent email of acceptance last week :) during the interview they noticed that they would let us know on 20th of Feb.

5 hours ago, another__artist said:

Has anyone heard from CalArts (art) or UCLA (painting) yet about interviews? 

CalArts Photo and Art&Tech sent interview  invites around Feb 11 (a friend of mine and I got emails within a few days from each other). They want to interview all applicants on campus on March 7, so I imagine they must send all the invites before the end of February to let people make travel arrangements. 

I haven’t heard from UCLA (Photo) yet, but someone who applied for Painting mentioned they got a call from them a few days ago. 

Does anyone know anything about SVA Computer Arts, FIT Illustration and Pratt Digital Arts??? The only thing I got back from the admission office is that they'll notify the final result on or before April 1st. Not sure about Pratt tho... Does anyone ever know about Pratt Digital Arts program?? (I know they don't conduct interview)

Just confirmed a Skype interview with UCSD.

So there’s supposed to be an interview weekend on March 1st and they sent me the invitation late January but only confirmed the actual Skype interview date yesterday coz I couldn’t make it to their campus. Even though they did offer funds to assist with travel reimbursement and hotel accommodations ➡️ So anyone looking at this post in 2020 here’s some information may be helpful to you :)

Edited by MFApainting2019

On 2/22/2019 at 8:54 AM, nmelnicky said:

Your acceptance letters are probably in that package!! :P 

Yeah! I finally received it last Friday and it is a graduate admissions letter!  :)  Good luck to you!!  

2 hours ago, sparky7184 said:

Does anyone know anything about SVA Computer Arts, FIT Illustration and Pratt Digital Arts??? The only thing I got back from the admission office is that they'll notify the final result on or before April 1st. Not sure about Pratt tho... Does anyone ever know about Pratt Digital Arts program?? (I know they don't conduct interview)

Not sure about FIT&Pratt, but I know lots of people receiving admission letters from SVA Computer Arts. What does your application status say? If it's not 'application closed', then there might be a chance!

20 hours ago, Pallavi.Daga said:

Hey, has anyone had an interview with UIC yet? I have an interview with them tomorrow and guessing what the questions could be!?

Congrats and good luck on your interview. Do you know if UIC is conducting interviews for all departments? I applied to photo and this was one of the schools I really liked.

Edited by calmly waiting
typo!

11 minutes ago, tee_lemon said:

Has anyone heard anything from Georgia State? 

Hi! Yes, they called me with a surprise interview a couple of weeks ago. However, I have not heard from them again. Don't really know where they stand in the application process. 

Has anyone heard from RISD?