Jump to content
FallGO

Fall 2019 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants!

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, PsychologyClinical said:

I was told the interview days are Feb 14th and 15th! Can you send me the link where you see this info?

For the UTSC interview dates, they are posted on their site (see link). Whether they will hold to these dates, I am not 100% sure.

https://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/psych/admissions

Who told you those were the dates? If you don't mind me asking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, s_bellow said:

For the UTSC interview dates, they are posted on their site (see link). Whether they will hold to these dates, I am not 100% sure.

https://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/psych/admissions

Who told you those were the dates? If you don't mind me asking

I was talking about UBC-V interview dates not UTSC. Sorry for the confusion! Did not apply to UTSC haha best of luck! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mindfullyneurotic said:

Same! Projected interview dates on their site are next Mon-Wed and someone here mentioned that all invites to said interviews had been sent out last week. I am not sure what's what but the uncertainty is eroding away at my morale! 

You're not alone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ccpsych said:

Thank you for this info! Do you mind if I PM you to ask you a bit about the program?

Of course! :) Ask away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chopper.wife said:

Was this a general/generic email sent to all who got an interview or specifically from your POI?

she literally called my cell phone at like noon and told me her name, waited to see if i recognized who she was, and then told me i was shortlisted and set up an in person interview

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, magnolias said:

she literally called my cell phone at like noon and told me her name, waited to see if i recognized who she was, and then told me i was shortlisted and set up an in person interview

Ok good to know, thank you! I will hope to hear from one of the POIs I applied to but am getting nervous!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, magnolias said:

Just got invites from York and Windsor for Skype interviews as well, PM if interested in the POI

What stream of clinical did you apply to for Windsor? Adult or child? And for York? Clinical-developmental or just clinical?

Best of luck with the interviews!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interviewed with some PI's at SFU this week... WOW WHAT A GREAT SCHOOL AND GREAT PEOPLE. You Canadians sure know how to do excellent research and how to be excellent humans :) Just thought I'd drop by with some praise and positivity in these stressful times! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, humanisticPOV said:

Interviewed with some PI's at SFU this week... WOW WHAT A GREAT SCHOOL AND GREAT PEOPLE. You Canadians sure know how to do excellent research and how to be excellent humans :) Just thought I'd drop by with some praise and positivity in these stressful times! 

Ackk I am heading there on Friday next week for interviews and am nervous!! Great to hear you had a good experience :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all! I just finally decided to join. You all seem wonderfully supportive! I am sitting here,  nervously awaiting interviews. I only applied to UTSC this year (my first time), and seems like they are either not sticking to their interview dates, or perhaps I am not moving forward. Application still shows under review. Let me know if anyone hears back from UTSC. Seems like only one person here received interview invite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, nerdy_metalhead said:

Hi all! I just finally decided to join. You all seem wonderfully supportive! I am sitting here,  nervously awaiting interviews. I only applied to UTSC this year (my first time), and seems like they are either not sticking to their interview dates, or perhaps I am not moving forward. Application still shows under review. Let me know if anyone hears back from UTSC. Seems like only one person here received interview invite.

I'm in the exact same boat! Best of luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just got some information regarding Queen's: The committee has discussed the shortlisted applicants and will be sending out invitations for the open house.. i'm guessing sometime next week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ninotores said:

just got some information regarding Queen's: The committee has discussed the shortlisted applicants and will be sending out invitations for the open house.. i'm guessing sometime next week?

Nice to finally hear something about Queen's! Thank you!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chopper.wife said:

Ackk I am heading there on Friday next week for interviews and am nervous!! Great to hear you had a good experience :)

Yay see you on Friday as well!  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ninotores said:

just got some information regarding Queen's: The committee has discussed the shortlisted applicants and will be sending out invitations for the open house.. i'm guessing sometime next week?

Gaaaaahhhh, basically my last chance for this cycle--the wait is gonna be intense

Edited by higaisha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, nerdy_metalhead said:

Hi all! I just finally decided to join. You all seem wonderfully supportive! I am sitting here,  nervously awaiting interviews. I only applied to UTSC this year (my first time), and seems like they are either not sticking to their interview dates, or perhaps I am not moving forward. Application still shows under review. Let me know if anyone hears back from UTSC. Seems like only one person here received interview invite.

The on-campus interview dates I received are Jan 27-29th. I'm not sure if this is the only round of interview invites they will send out. Feel free to PM me if you want any more details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2019 at 10:43 AM, ventiamericano said:

Thanks for letting us know! Do you think our POIs would at least let us know if we do/don’t get invited? I haven’t heard back at all from mine and our interview was last week... wondering if I should follow up.

Hey, do you know if everyone gets interviewed before getting accepted to Ryerson?

Edited by Mickey_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mickey_ said:

Hey, do you know if everyone gets interviewed before getting accepted to Ryerson?

We've already established on this thread that no, you don't just get accepted without some kind of interview. The exception being if you already work for the POI.

Edit: I believe Ryerson had to have profs ranked shortlisted applicants sent to the FGS by last Friday. Sorry :(

Edited by Mickey26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mickey26 said:

We've already established on this thread that no, you don't just get accepted without some kind of interview. The exception being if you already work for the POI.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mickey26 said:

We've already established on this thread that no, you don't just get accepted without some kind of interview. The exception being if you already work for the POI.

Edit: I believe Ryerson had to have profs ranked shortlisted applicants sent to the FGS by last Friday. Sorry :(

Yes! When I interview last week my POI said that the process moving forward would be that she would now submit her top two people to the committee and they ultimately will make the final decision based on optics of applicants and how their GPA, funding acceptances, publications, and GREs reflect on the program. 

She also does not participate in interview day so she told me to expect not to be invited! Hopefully that helps! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Side note of hope: I am a Grad Practicum Coordinator and I am receiving a TON of emails from a variety of POIs from different universities as GTA Practicum Applications close February 1st! SOOO - maybe that is why they are behind, writing a bunch of reference letters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mickey26 said:

We've already established on this thread that no, you don't just get accepted without some kind of interview. The exception being if you already work for the POI.

Edit: I believe Ryerson had to have profs ranked shortlisted applicants sent to the FGS by last Friday. Sorry :(

There are some exceptions to this in School & Clinical Psych programs... but for the most part you will definitely hear from someone beforehand, even in the majority of SCCP programs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mickey26 said:

We've already established on this thread that no, you don't just get accepted without some kind of interview. The exception being if you already work for the POI.

Edit: I believe Ryerson had to have profs ranked shortlisted applicants sent to the FGS by last Friday. Sorry :(

I would say that you get interviewed no matter what in most places. I applied to my current supervisor and she made me go through the interview process and actually asked me the same question she would ask any other candidate to keep it standardized and unbiased. But yes in this case, I believe that all preliminary interviews @ Ryerson have been conducted and offers to the open house have been made @Mickey_. Sorry about that! Don't lose hope - other places are still handing out interviews :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Psych_101 said:

Yes! When I interview last week my POI said that the process moving forward would be that she would now submit her top two people to the committee and they ultimately will make the final decision based on optics of applicants and how their GPA, funding acceptances, publications, and GREs reflect on the program. 

She also does not participate in interview day so she told me to expect not to be invited! Hopefully that helps! :D

Oh wow, so the final decision is up to the committee? Like the PI has absolutely no say in who gets an official offer...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.