verosanchez

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to connect with others who are also waiting for admission decisions for MSW programs; this process feels like it's taking forever! I applied to UC Berkeley, CSU East Bay, SF State, and am still working on SJSU.

This is definitely nerve-wracking! Has anyone else applied and feels nervous????? Which programs did ya'll apply to??

On 1/10/2019 at 10:04 AM, norvos90004 said:

Hi there. Thanks for posting. I applied to UC Berkeley and UCLA. ?

That's awesome! I was going to apply to UCLA, but I don't have the financial means to move outside of the Bay Area (since I live here) for grad school. Good luck!!

On 1/10/2019 at 12:08 PM, londonrain9 said:

I applied to UT-Austin, Texas State, and Texas Woman's. I originally had a total of 6 schools on my list, but due to unforeseen circumstances, I had to cut it down to 3. So anxious to hear back!

I think that's the worst part about this whole process :( Hopefully we hear good news!

On 1/15/2019 at 12:23 PM, verosanchez said:

Congrats! and good luck with the rest of them. Is there a particular school that's your #1?

Thanks. Yeah, I prefer UW and UNC, but I guess that's a long shot for me.

Actually, I am growing more interests in WUSTL since the program offers the concentration I'd work for.

But the problem is they offer me very very limited scholarship. No idea how to negotiate with the school. Does anyone have some advice?

On 1/10/2019 at 1:07 PM, SacMac said:

I applied to LSU( I was accepted into their program), CSUN and CSUSB( still waiting to hear back from them). I am a nervous wreck but I am hopeful! Good Luck Everyone!

Congrats!

On 1/11/2019 at 6:57 PM, verosanchez said:

I have been a nervous wreck since submitting my applications ? It's only January and I don't think I can last these next couple of months haha

The waiting is so awful. I wish everyone the best of luck as well!

12 hours ago, SacMac said:

Where did to apply? I constantly check my email everyday.

I only applied to the University of Pittsburgh. I actually was accepted last week but I’m still waiting on scholarship info which will determine whether or not I can attend. ?

@MSWgirl2019 Interview for UPenn was good! I had it in late November over video call. They were nice and conversational but definitely asked tough questions and were straight forward about possible points of concern. Overall went well and I heard back about 15 days after.

2 hours ago, suhlast said:

@MSWgirl2019 Interview for UPenn was good! I had it in late November over video call. They were nice and conversational but definitely asked tough questions and were straight forward about possible points of concern. Overall went well and I heard back about 15 days after.

Hi! Glad to hear the interview went well. I'm also applying to UPenn and have my interview in a couple days. What were the tough questions, if you don't mind me asking?