Is anyone else just way too anxious?

scthorne

I felt like I was managing my anxiety about this mostly okay, but yesterday I received TWO decisions (one rejection and one unfunded acceptance) so now my anxiety has increased tenfold and I can't stop thinking about it. I just want ONE funded acceptance, that's all I need!! Please!!! But I'm guessing I need to start planning for rejections from everywhere ?

13 hours ago, historygeek said:

I'm beginning to think my schools have forgotten about me...

I even think that I have missed some steps in the application and had to come in and check to see if I missed any doc...

1 minute ago, historygeek said:

Tons of history decisions are coming in and I haven't gotten anything. I'm freaking out.

I know that feeling! Earlier this week there were a whole slew of philosophy decisions coming in, but not from my programs. Drove me crazy! I don't know about history, but with philosophy it's still considered very early. Hang in there! 

1 hour ago, historygeek said:

Tons of history decisions are coming in and I haven't gotten anything. I'm freaking out.

I mean, at least you've gotten accepted to one.  Imagine how I feel seeing all the physics decisions and the only thing I have to show for it is rejections early on and being ghosted all week lol.

tenor.gif

i think i will breakdown if i dont hear back soon enough... i cant sleep or eat properly and im always anxious (i also have physical symptoms of my anxiety through IBS ) everything just seems to suck

Edited by anxiousqueen

10 minutes ago, anxiousqueen said:

i think i will breakdown if i dont hear back soon enough... i cant sleep or eat properly and im always anxious (i also have physical symptoms of my anxiety through IBS ) everything just seems to suck

I hear ya, I have anxiety and it just gets worse through all this! There are a lot of people here going through the same thing, and I've found that talking to people like me helps :) it just sucks to wait like this, period. But having a community of people to talk to about it is really great. Feel free to DM me if you want to vent more!

One more week has passed and still radio silence... at least no new results came on the survey page.

The job I applied told me that they would contact whoever was hired by Friday afternoon, so I'm guessing that's a no.

56 minutes ago, lovekilledinos said:

How are you all occupying your time?! 

Hahahaha refreshing the results page and the forums constantly. 

Seriously though, I feel I can relax more during the weekend than the workweek because A) I don't expect to hear anything over the weekend, though I know that isn't the case with all programs and B ) At work, I'm always on the computer so it's tempting to refresh, take a look, do work, rinse and repeat. At home, I don't have to be near a computer. I've been doing all the challenges on Red Dead Redemption II and going for 100% completion. It may sound silly, but it's a goal of some sort that I've set for myself, and it keeps me focused on something. Since I can't do anything about grad school applications anymore, having something I can work on and work towards is super helpful.

That, and I know that I won't have much time for games in the coming years so I may as well enjoy it while it lasts ?

@ringoandme that makes sense! I'm teaching a couple of courses at the university I got my MA from, but they're morning classes. Twice a week. I get home around 11am so I have way too much freetime on my hands. I sit here and check the forums constantly, too. UGH. This is maddening. I wish I could focus on a freaking book or something. Dang it! 

2 hours ago, lovekilledinos said:

I don't have enough ways to keep myself busy. I'm not expecting to hear anything this week, but this waiting game is driving me crazy. 

How are you all occupying your time?! 

@ringoandme, I do the same at work! 

@lovekilledinos, when I'm not at work, editing, painting, or trying and failing to read a physical book, I have found walking around with an audiobook very helpful. Audiostrolling, I call it. Best thing about it is that one of the libraries I go to uses Overdrive/Libby, so I don't pay for them and can devour them while I do other things ☺️