Is anyone else just way too anxious?

scthorne

8 hours ago, vam1390 said:

I have my interview tomorrow. Nerves are building. How long after interviews did it take for a lot of you to start hearing back?

Don't want to be negative but... There was one university that I won't say the name, but I can tell you that it starts with River and ends with side, that interviewed me in Mid-January last year and I heard back in October.

Of course, by March I was already aware that it was going to be a rejection but still, paid $125 in app fees to get an automated reply almost a year later.

Good luck with your interview and I hope you get a good answer way faster than I did!

10 hours ago, vam1390 said:

I have my interview tomorrow. Nerves are building. How long after interviews did it take for a lot of you to start hearing back?

I heard back from my first interview two weeks after via phone- unfortunately I was rejected. I spoke to someone else who also interviewed and was accepted and she heard back in 1 week. I guess rejection calls are harder to make. 

On 2/2/2019 at 10:38 PM, lovekilledinos said:

@brighteyes I hear you! My lease is up in May and I have no idea if I should be looking for an apartment locally or in any of the locations I applied to. 

Wtfff, so stressed. 

You know what? My lease is up in April...

1 hour ago, sgaw10 said:

Anyone else desperate to get off of a waitlist? :( I know I need to be patient, especially since this school hasn't had their interview weekend yet, but still...

@sgaw10 sooo desperate. I got waitlisted on my top two programs after interviews. Its I would say more stressful to be on the waitlist than just getting an outright rejection. Ugh. I just want it to be closer to the deadline so people can make up their minds. 

I just got home from my interview. I'm still shaking off the anxious nausea. Somehow I'm more stressed after than before. ?

How did you guys feel coming out of it? Were they super hard to read?

43 minutes ago, chavezye said:

@sgaw10 sooo desperate. I got waitlisted on my top two programs after interviews. Its I would say more stressful to be on the waitlist than just getting an outright rejection. Ugh. I just want it to be closer to the deadline so people can make up their minds. 

Sad thing is it's going to be a long road /:

I've heard back from two programs - accepted to a master's program, and finalist at another (pending an interview in March). Probably waitlisted at a third, but their waitlists are hidden so I can't be sure. 

I wasn't expecting to hear back so soon and the fact that I already have two decisions is making me super anxious to hear from more schools! I work a desk job and I hit refresh on my email more that I want to admit.

3 hours ago, sgaw10 said:

Anyone else desperate to get off of a waitlist? :( I know I need to be patient, especially since this school hasn't had their interview weekend yet, but still...

I feel you!! The school I got waitlisted for is having their second interview this weekend. Next week can't come soon enough!

Edited by ASDadvocate

1 hour ago, vam1390 said:

I just got home from my interview. I'm still shaking off the anxious nausea. Somehow I'm more stressed after than before. ?

I think it just depends on your interviewers. Some like to be stoic others may show more emotion. I would say you most likely did better than you thought, but its human nature to focus on maybe what you did so well and so you start to think the worst. You just gotta fight your human nature (easier said that done I know). But try to keep positive, if you got an interview, you deserved it, and you are a top candidate. So own that. 

2 hours ago, vam1390 said:

@vam1390 I felt the same way about a recent interview. Like my leg was shaking with anxiety under the table the whole time (luckily it was over Skype).

I'd recommend sending a follow-up thank you email to the interviewers in the next day or so. Gives the double benefit of being polite and engaged, while hopefully prompting the committee to give some indication on how they thought it went and/or telling you when decisions should be made.

Good luck!

I had a phone interview at my top choice and was so excited but don't feel confident that it went super well :/ the PI said I'd hear mid-Feb but I am not expecting much...so waiting on 5 other schools, one just said we'd hear 2/18 and the waiting is killing me. I have an in person interview soon and am the most anxious and can't even make myself prepare for it 

Just keep refreshing my email but there is nothing coming out.....feeling like having to fill myself up with all the other things to stop me from checking my email every single minute. Especially after seeing the schools that I applied released results last year around these two weeks!

1 hour ago, Ternwild said:

Wastching my empty email box, this week, like:

giphy.gif

Every time my mom and her boyfriend come home from work, her boyfriend asks me if I have checked my email today yet. Every time. He hasn't missed a day since mid-January. And every time I start doing this and want to hide in bed.

Edited by Moods

2 hours ago, Ternwild said:

Wastching my empty email box, this week, like:

giphy.gif

I was like this until last week, this week I'm trying to control myself and only check the email when I get a notification from my main inbox on the phone. On the other years the acceptance/rejections always went to updates and one time the acceptance from UCSC got into promotions hahaha

36 minutes ago, historygeek said:

I'm beginning to think my schools have forgotten about me...

Oof, I feel that. Any sign of life would be great, you know? I've almost just stopped caring entirely about the process, but then I'll get an inkling to log in to my application page or my phone will buzz with an email and the anxiety begins anew.

1 hour ago, historygeek said:

I'm beginning to think my schools have forgotten about me...

I haven't heard back from anyone, I feel like I already have been rejected, the silence is killing any hopes I had. Still trying to stay positive

20 minutes ago, ana21 said:

I haven't heard back from anyone, I feel like I already have been rejected, the silence is killing any hopes I had. Still trying to stay positive

I’m beginning to think my e-mail is blocking their mails. This is such a hard process lol

1 minute ago, yjkim192 said:

I’m beginning to think my e-mail is blocking their mails. This is such a hard process lol

yep. Im even checking the junk folder just in case, hoping I will hear something by Friday