Is anyone else just way too anxious?

scthorne

13 hours ago, crackademik said:

I actually did try to call and beg once. Can confirm it does not work. 

Boom!  First rejection.  Looks like I'm gonna win this race to the bottom!

38 minutes ago, Ternwild said:

Boom!  First rejection.  Looks like I'm gonna win this race to the bottom!

Hey, hang in there! 

You still have a long way to go and I am sure it will get better. We are all comrades in a battlefield! Good luck, my dear friend.

On 1/29/2019 at 7:13 PM, nexttosomewhatnormal said:

I had one interview and have two more lined up but tbh I'm sort of so disheartened and frustrated by this entire process that I don't even know if I'm excited for grad school anymore, which is really sad.

I'll bet anything that if (once!) you DO get an acceptance, all of that will fade away. Good luck!!

12 hours ago, TheHoff said:

Yeah, I imagine that is the case, they probably receive dozens of such emails every day.

I just don't understand why they don't send the rejections to the people that have no chance quicker. Schools usually have under 15% of acceptance rate, I imagine that they read at least half of the applicants and be like "hell no", so why keep them waiting until late March, early April?

I think about it so much!!! I understand that their priority is securing the students they really want to attend and not losing them to other programmes, but I wish they'd just have mercy on the bottom of the pile. Where I increasingly feel like I belong.

Im glad im not the only one, I haven't been able to concentrate in anything at all. I open my email every five minutes as if something was going to change. Doesn't help that two of my schools have sent emails already, but not to me :(

Every email notification I get now gives me a heart attack. Now that it's the end of Jan and most 1 Dec applications have been processed already, I'm almost as desperate for rejections as interviews, so that I can stop clinging to false shreds of hope! Sounds like everyone else is feeling the same way ?

Two more people posted acceptances at my top choice and here I sit with radio silence from all the universities that I applied.

I'm with you @ana21, I can't concentrate on other things, sometimes it's even hard to sleep as I keep thinking too much about these applications.

12 minutes ago, TheHoff said:

Two more people posted acceptances at my top choice and here I sit with radio silence from all the universities that I applied.

I'm with you @ana21, I can't concentrate on other things, sometimes it's even hard to sleep as I keep thinking too much about these applications.

I'm thinking about all the ways I fucked up my applications now. Like. Shit! I'm so stupid. 

I just want this to be over with so I can move on with my life. 

Someone on the history forum just got their acceptance to Harvard. Apparently the graduate admissions process isn't "entirely" over yet, but all I've gotten is complete radio silence. This is the first time I've anxiety cried over this admittance process. ? Hopefully I get some good news soon, but I'm feeling so cynical and worried. 

It's weird but my anxiety basically went away as soon as I heard back from my first school- a rejection no less- and now I feel at peace with whatever happens.

Who even am I???

Hope ya'll feel better soon too!  I don't miss the sensation of an elephant sitting on my chest every waking moment.

1 hour ago, kendalldinniene said:

It's weird but my anxiety basically went away as soon as I heard back from my first school- a rejection no less- and now I feel at peace with whatever happens.

Who even am I???

Hope ya'll feel better soon too!  I don't miss the sensation of an elephant sitting on my chest every waking moment.

I always kinda expected for that to happen!! Like, once you hear from one, you know it's real, you actually applied, you've had some type of interaction with a programme from their side. I feel like I'm bound to hear from one school sometime soon, they can't all 5 leave me waiting until March, can they?! Only one of mine hasn't started releasing decisions so. . .soon? Damn I hope so.

On another note, every Thursday for the past few weeks I've seen lots of decisions go out! Might be wishful thinking, but I'm banking on hearing something this time next week.

I kind of wish graduate school application portals worked the same way as postal service tracking. Like you would know when your file passed through here and there, if it's awaiting delivery to the ad comm, if its on its way to the waitlist pile, etc. etc. 

1 hour ago, potsupotsu said:

I kind of wish graduate school application portals worked the same way as postal service tracking. Like you would know when your file passed through here and there, if it's awaiting delivery to the ad comm, if its on its way to the waitlist pile, etc. etc. 

I popped my 'check the admissions portal just in case they decided but didn't email yet' cherry today. It's the actual worst; I would love a notification right now. Of any kind. But I'm also not ready to get rejected. What a vicious circle haha.

So nervous! Acceptances/Rejections/Wait Lists go out for my program at the end of this month. The month is finally here. Nothing but an expectation of admittance on my end, but the wait is brutal. 

My department's application deadline was on Jan 20th, and I have been trying not to go onto the application portal to view my status but everyday I just can't refrain myself from doing it. I am hoping to receive the PhD fellowship that they offer for the incoming PhD students, and something makes me think that the award recipients will get their acceptance letter earlier on than the other applicants, so day after day I am getting more and more impatient.......

I'm incredibly anxious. I've seen acceptances posted for two of the three schools I applied to, including my top choice. I had a phone interview with the professor I want to work with there three weeks ago but I haven't heard from her since. I'm really afraid I didn't do a lot to distinguish myself. She was talking for the majority of the call and I didn't interject to clarify things in a few places, because I didn't want to interrupt her. 

Feel so anxious. Someone who currently goes to one of my top-choice programs today that the department was finalizing their choices today. Obsessively checked my email all day hoping the POI would send something telling me if I was in or not. Nothing. I know it's not horrible because they'll likely send out official notifications middle of next week but oh god that seems so far away!!

On 2/1/2019 at 11:42 AM, ana21 said:

@TheHoff I keep checking my email, overtime it rings I get chills. I just wish I heard at least from one, that way my anxiety would kind of diminish. At this point my safe school is not even safe anymore, this is just too stressful .

Preach. I'm in the same boat. I applied to 9 schools and l haven't had any decisions-- even rejections-- from any of them. I've had two interviews, and haven't heard from them either. Ugh. I think I'd feel better if I just knew from one or two of the schools. The black hole of not knowing is rough.