Applications 2019

Sigaba

Just now, solmate95 said:

Waiting on Masters decisions from Stanford, Columbia, U of Penn, NYU and Georgetown!!

U of Penn is rolling and they said 6 - 8 weeks, but it's been like 10, so super anxious....:(

MA decisions usually come out way later so don't get anxious just yet! I am finishing my MA up at UMD if you're curious about the D.C. area.

Just now, luz.colorada said:

MA decisions usually come out way later so don't get anxious just yet! I am finishing my MA up at UMD if you're curious about the D.C. area.

You're right! I'm just so excited to quit my job haha

I'm an international student, so idk much about areas... People keep telling me DC is very dangerous! Is that true?? 

2 minutes ago, solmate95 said:

I'm an international student, so idk much about areas... People keep telling me DC is very dangerous! Is that true?? 

You might want to check out the City Guides section of the forum. Here's the one for DC.

17 minutes ago, solmate95 said:

I'm living in DC right now!  PM me :) 

4 minutes ago, Dark Paladin said:

I remember after the Yale acceptances last week you were feeling discouraged. Now you are in at one of the best programs in the country! I'm happy it worked out for you. Congrats! 

Thank you very much! I was very much discouraged and ready to give up. Luckily, I reached out to someone and they helped me relax and take a moment to think. It was a not so gentle reminder that we all need help at some point in this process.

Thank you @historygeek.

23 minutes ago, Tigla said:

Accepted into U-Mich! The wait is finally over!

Congratulations! You can finally rest easy. I am from Michigan and I have visited Ann Arbor before, and it is a great school and a nice town too. It'll be a great place to spend your PhD!

This is such a fantastic forum. I love seeing everyone have so much genuine support for one another! 

I've gotten radio silence from almost all of the places I applied to, which I'm finally feeling okay about. I'm actually probably going to go to Villanova, depending on how funding goes! I applied for not only departmental funding, but an assistantship in the Graduate Office as well. Fingers crossed! 

3 minutes ago, historygeek said:

This is such a fantastic forum. I love seeing everyone have so much genuine support for one another! 

I've gotten radio silence from almost all of the places I applied to, which I'm finally feeling okay about. I'm actually probably going to go to Villanova, depending on how funding goes! I applied for not only departmental funding, but an assistantship in the Graduate Office as well. Fingers crossed! 

I agree! It's nice to have the support of friends and family, but it may be even nicer to get support from your peers. Everyone has been so kind. I truly wish the best for us all.

Just now, hahahahaleigh said:

I agree! It's nice to have the support of friends and family, but it may be even nicer to get support from your peers. Everyone has been so kind. I truly wish the best for us all.

Out of reactions for the day it seems, but I totally agree. It's been nice to have people that understand exactly what you're going through!