Final Outcomes

mithrandir8

I think at this point I can safely assume rejects at the last few stragglers, given that they've already announced accepts and waitlists. That means I'll end my season 6a/4w/8r//18, barring surprises. I sunk an ungodly amount of time and effort into applications, but I know that's a great overall season and I'm super happy it! 

(I'm leaning CUNY, but we'll see how the visits go.)

14 hours ago, hector549 said:

Why let that stop you? I say go anyway!

Thanks for you advice! lol  Mcdowell Brandom Gupta Thompson The Great Tradition of Pitt School, Here I come!

10 hours ago, VentralStream said:

Where are you leaning towards btw?

I am still vacillating between Oxford and Notre Dame. 

9 hours ago, Kelvindison said:

Thanks for you advice! lol  Mcdowell Brandom Gupta Thompson The Great Tradition of Pitt School, Here I come!

I am still vacillating between Oxford and Notre Dame. 

Oxford and ND? Hmm where do you get more money or spend the least? Ha

24 minutes ago, redsubywa said:

Only got the one acceptance (and two waitlists), but luckily it was my top choice! I'm finishing up an MA at Boston College, and I'm thrilled to continue on to their PhD.

Congrats!

Accepted at Colorado, waitlisted at Michigan & North Carolina. Rejected by Rutgers, Arizona, UCSD & Georgetown. Applying from an unranked program. AOI - ethics, political philosophy, philosophy of law.

Very happy with these results. Even if I don't have any more luck, I love the Colorado program. I know that elite programs' waitlists probably don't move much, but I'm thrilled even by the possibility.

• 4 weeks later...

I am surprised I found this thread buried on the second page given that we are now just a week and a half out from the 15th! I will be accepting my offer at the University of Minnesota for their program in Cultural Studies and Comparative Literature. 

I declined my lone philosophy acceptance (Marquette) and removed myself from the waitlists at Loyola and Michigan State, so hopefully this opens up some spots for people.

I have accepted my offer at Duquesne University, with a final score 2a/1w/4r.

AOI - Phil. Music, Plato, Deleuze, Aesthetics.

Extremely excited to work at a program with like 4 scholars who all work on large portions of my interests. Basically been my top choice since I started applying.

3 minutes ago, SmugSnugInARug said:

I have accepted my offer at Duquesne University, with a final score 2a/1w/4r.

AOI - Phil. Music, Plato, Deleuze, Aesthetics.

Extremely excited to work at a program with like 4 scholars who all work on large portions of my interests. Basically been my top choice since I started applying.

Congratulations! I was very impressed with them through my correspondences while applying. It seems Duquesne not only has a great philosophy program, but caring people who work there. I hope you enjoy it, and congratulations again! 

6 minutes ago, Nothingtown said:

Congratulations! I was very impressed with them through my correspondences while applying. It seems Duquesne not only has a great philosophy program, but caring people who work there. I hope you enjoy it, and congratulations again! 

Thank you! Yeah, they have been incredibly responsive and the people seem just really respectful of the difficulties that applicants are going through in the process. I’m really glad you’ve been successful this cycle, its heartwarming to see people in this forum do well.

It's good to hear about all the acceptances! 

I myself have not been very lucky so for- got rejected by Washington University in St. Louis (WashU), Boston University and Rice University. I am waitlisted at Minnesota and Virginia though, so that's what I am counting on. Curiously enough I am yet to hear back from Mizzou. So yeah, the season is far from summed up for me! 

Haven't been around as often to comment, but congratulations to all who have sorted things out already! :D 

On 4/4/2019 at 9:29 AM, neechaa said:

It's good to hear about all the acceptances! 

I myself have not been very lucky so for- got rejected by Washington University in St. Louis (WashU), Boston University and Rice University. I am waitlisted at Minnesota and Virginia though, so that's what I am counting on. Curiously enough I am yet to hear back from Mizzou. So yeah, the season is far from summed up for me! 

Good luck! Two, possibly three, waitlists out of six applications isn't a bad return at all considering the kind of statistics involved. :)