2019-2020 Application Thread

Dwar

22 minutes ago, kaze_ng said:

Anyone claiming the Syracuse acceptances? I found them to be a little weird, since they are both notified on 2/13. I assume they are not in the US  then?

Still no words from UC Riverside...

I'm an international student, as well. I have not heard from Syracuse yet.

1 hour ago, kaze_ng said:

Anyone claiming the Syracuse acceptances? I found them to be a little weird, since they are both notified on 2/13. I assume they are not in the US  then?

Not me , but a close friend of mine was notified a few hours ago. It seems that POI are letting people know 

On 2/5/2020 at 2:03 PM, Romcomulus said:

Seeing University of Washington acceptances roll in. Nothing on my email yet, getting nervous. Not helping matters is the fact my EDU email has been acting up lately.

I got accepted on Feb. 5 with full funding for 5 years. 

I got a fellowship for my first year. I also received Health, dental, and vision insurance. 

VERY late to the UCLA admit party [that was a long 48 hours], but I'm claiming the Theory admit that was just posted. Hopefully I've been active enough on this forum to prove my non-trollery. [I waited until Wednesday so I could brace myself and also so I could open my email after Hebrew class, when I'd be feeling more positive no matter what.]

By the way, this has been a nearly three-year-long process, post-MA, and I hope to be able to post more about my 'lessons learned' after all decisions are in. Suffice it to say that for now I'm an odd mix of proud, humbled, and INCREDIBLY excited for the next series of adventures. :)

18 hours ago, uchenyy said:

I have not. I'm contemplating sending the graduate coordinator an email.

Also wondering about UNC - mind letting us know what they say if you end up emailing? 

16 hours ago, ETea24 said:

I emailed NYU last week and they said they are sending out offers in batches this year. So there's still hope.

Modifying my statement. I just talked to NYU's DGS in person and was notified my status on the waitlist. You will receive an email this week if you're waitlisted by NYU. According to DGS they exhausted their waitlist last year but could not make an offer until Apr. 14th. 

Honestly don't expect to hear anything today. Feeling pretty dejected about my prospects about getting into my dream programs in general. I got into one program at my alma mater, but it would be nice to have at least a couple options.

17 minutes ago, CooperSly said:

Not a poli sci app, but couldn't find a more relevant thread...Did anyone apply to SIPA or WWS PhD programs? If so, have yall heard back?

https://forum.thegradcafe.com/forum/11-government-affairs/

I think this thread would be more effective in answering your questions regarding Public Affairs programs.

9 hours ago, Artifex_Archer said:

VERY late to the UCLA admit party [that was a long 48 hours], but I'm claiming the Theory admit that was just posted. Hopefully I've been active enough on this forum to prove my non-trollery. [I waited until Wednesday so I could brace myself and also so I could open my email after Hebrew class, when I'd be feeling more positive no matter what.]

By the way, this has been a nearly three-year-long process, post-MA, and I hope to be able to post more about my 'lessons learned' after all decisions are in. Suffice it to say that for now I'm an odd mix of proud, humbled, and INCREDIBLY excited for the next series of adventures. :)

That's extraordinary!

14 hours ago, kaze_ng said:

This is the email I have received from DGS at Syracuse:

Thanks for reaching out. We are finalizing our first round admits and waitlist candidates this week, and will email everyone very soon.
Edited by kemalgider

2 hours ago, allben said:

Also wondering about UNC - mind letting us know what they say if you end up emailing? 

I've yet to decide whether I will send an email, but I'll let you know if I do. My hunch is that decisions will likely be released very soon. Last year they released decisions over a fairly long period (i.e., February 4-February 28), if I recall correctly. I've also read that POIs are the ones who typically contact admitted students.

Edited by uchenyy

11 hours ago, moment11 said:

Anyone from UIUC? I saw a post that someone got rejected. Did they send results already?

I got an email from a POI:

Thank you for your interest in the graduate program in Political Science at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. This year we received 75 applications for our Ph.D. program, and our goal is to yield an entering class of 8-10 students. This means that we were unable to admit many high-quality applicants. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you admission. 

Although we regret having to share this news with you, we appreciate your interest in our program and wish you success in your future studies.

If anyone is waiting on UCSB, I sent an email inquiring about my status and was told that decisions will be released towards the end of March and that most decisions have yet to be made. They sent out a couple acceptances (maybe 3) at the end of January and they normally take on a class of 7-10 students. My guess is that those of us who have not heard back are on an unofficial waitlist. It's also possible that they're reviewing applications by subfield, but I lean towards it being a waitlist.

34 minutes ago, Romcomulus said:

Anyone hear from Hopkins yet? It appears that they don't normally release excisions until the last week of February, but I want to make sure since it seems like many schools are deviating from their norms this year.

42 minutes ago, Mixedmethodsisa4letterword said:

Called Cornell today and was told to expect results to be released toward the end of the month. might be sooner.

nothing from georgetown or hopkins for me