2021 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neuroticneuro6

2 hours ago, mak16 said:

Did anyone here apply to Drexel Applied Cognitive and Brain Sciences program? If so, have you heard back from anyone yet?

I applied to their Neuroscience PhD program, which I guess is different than the one you are asking about. But I received an interview invite from that program on Dec 22.

38 minutes ago, actionpotential said:

I applied to their Neuroscience PhD program, which I guess is different than the one you are asking about. But I received an interview invite from that program on Dec 22.

The Applied Cognitive and Brain Sciences program is under the Department of Psychology, so I think they may have different timelines. Congrats on getting the interview invite. 

Has anyone who got an interview at UCI INP gotten a confirmation about their interview date? We were asked to choose one, but I wasn't sure that meant it was set in stone. Thanks!

20 hours ago, lowestprime said:

I heard there might be a second round of emails sent out this week or next from a current UCSD biomedical grad. student. They also mentioned the second batch of emails might depend on how many individuals decline the first round of interview invitations (I can't imagine why anyone would barring a conflict with another higher priority program). I am hoping more invites are sent out as well since I already received a UCSF invite, but also attended UCSD as an undergrad.

I see.. that's good to know! Fingers crossed since that would be my top choice. Congratulations on the UCSF invite and good luck with your interview!

8 hours ago, space8 said:

Has anyone who got an interview at UCI INP gotten a confirmation about their interview date? We were asked to choose one, but I wasn't sure that meant it was set in stone. Thanks!

FYI I heard a response a few hours after I posted this! Thanks for the replies everyone :)

7 hours ago, neurogirl2021 said:

Do you think that UNC BBSP Neuro is done sending invites, or if invites went out yet for this track? 

UNC BBSP Neuro has sent out all of their invites. I was told that there is a small waitlist for interview invites, so it’s possible you could be on that, but if you haven’t heard anything yet, the chances of getting an invite aren’t great, unfortunately.

Aw, man. I had a feeling. Oh, well! Thanks for letting us know, neurons. When did they notify you? I spoke with them the week of Christmas and was told that they weren't finished reviewing apps.

Edited by Neuromantic

3 hours ago, Neuromantic said:

Aw, man. I had a feeling. Oh, well! Thanks for letting us know, neurons. When did they notify you? I spoke with them the week of Christmas and was told that they weren't finished reviewing apps.

I spoke to a couple of professors around the same time as you

I also wonder about Duke Psychology and Neuroscience... I saw two invites posted by American students, and that's it. I did not get either a rejection or an invite... Has anyone heard anything?

2 Rejections (UCSF, WashU) so far, with 5 pending:

- Harvard PiN.

- UCSD neuroscience.

- UPENN NGG.

- Yale INP.

- Stanford neuroscience.

Anyone knows if the mentioned programs already selected all candidates for interviews?

1 hour ago, SalamNeuro said:

2 Rejections (UCSF, WashU) so far, with 5 pending:

- Harvard PiN.

- UCSD neuroscience.

- UPENN NGG.

- Yale INP.

- Stanford neuroscience.

Anyone knows if the mentioned programs already selected all candidates for interviews?

Harvard is done, I know UPenn is still sending out invites and Stanford will start sending them out next week