2021 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neuroticneuro6

6 minutes ago, neurogirl2021 said:

Does anyone know if the University of Pittsburgh (CNUP) is done sending out invitations? Also, has anyone heard from the University of Michigan (NGP)? I saw a lot of people heard back from PIBS, but I do not think I came across anyone on the results page regarding interview invitations from NGP.

Sorry I was mistaken. He was rejected from PIBS :(

Edited by UnmotivatedNeuroApplicant
initially thought my friend got rejected from NGP

23 minutes ago, neurogirl2021 said:

Does anyone know if the University of Pittsburgh (CNUP) is done sending out invitations? Also, has anyone heard from the University of Michigan (NGP)? I saw a lot of people heard back from PIBS, but I do not think I came across anyone on the results page regarding interview invitations from NGP.

Hey! I received a call to interview with UMich NGP on December 16th. I accepted the interview and they sent me an email with all the details on December 18th. My virtual recruitment event is on 2/25- 2/26

5 hours ago, neurogirl2021 said:

I was offered an interview from NGP on 12/18, but would have been sooner had I answered their call. I just got an email from Pitt (CNUP) today inviting me to interview and asking for a phone call tomorrow. 

Best of luck! 

13 hours ago, willilandsomewhere said:

Anyone knows if Baylor College of Medicine, MD Anderson, or Brandeis is done sending out interview invites?

I talked with BCM, they're not done. I heard from MD Anderson on 12/21, but it appears they're sending stuff periodically so idk.

8 minutes ago, neurokenzie said:

I talked with BCM, they're not done. I heard from MD Anderson on 12/21, but it appears they're sending stuff periodically so idk.

Congrats on the interview! I saw on their website that they have 4 different dates for the interview. Really hope I can get an invite too aahhhhh

1 hour ago, NeuroKween said:

does anyone know how many people get interviews at Columbia and how many are then accepted?

I'm not sure on the interview number, but I am curious to hear about how many get accepted from interviews at Columbia if anyone else has information!

1 hour ago, neurogirl2021 said:

Hey everyone! Happy New Years Eve! I have an interview next week -- does anyone have any tips/advice? Also, what questions should I ask the committee and the faculty members I listed on my application! 

I've been watching this video for preparation and it's been really helpful. Hope it helps! Good luck with your interview.

https://videocast.nih.gov/watch=9809

16 hours ago, anxiousinneuro said:

I was offered an interview from NGP on 12/18, but would have been sooner had I answered their call. I just got an email from Pitt (CNUP) today inviting me to interview and asking for a phone call tomorrow. 

Best of luck! 

I talked with Pitt today and they said they got a record number of applicants ("well over 300") and they're only interviewing 40. 

50 minutes ago, anxiousinneuro said:

I talked with Pitt today and they said they got a record number of applicants ("well over 300") and they're only interviewing 40. 

Do you know whether they are still sending out invitations?

Guys any updates regarding the Ohio State(OSU) neuroscience program. I received an invitation and they asked to submit an RSVP of my availability. However, I haven’t heard from them since then. Interviews are from 4-8 Jan so it is next week!!!

1 hour ago, Moneuro said:

Guys any updates regarding the Ohio State(OSU) neuroscience program. I received an invitation and they asked to submit an RSVP of my availability. However, I haven’t heard from them since then. Interviews are from 4-8 Jan so it is next week!!!

Hey! I also submitted my RSVP to OSU, but have not heard back anything either.

On 12/30/2020 at 8:35 PM, NeuroCat said:

If anyone was looking out for UCI cog neuro invites, they haven't sent out any yet and have dispersed for the holidays. My POI informed me.

You mean for INP?? If so that’s the best news ever ???