2021 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neuroticneuro6

1 hour ago, lnrnlds said:

Did anyone hear back from WashU DBBS neuro? I saw a bunch of DBBS for other areas but I don't believe neuroscience in the results page.

I received an interview invite from WashU DBBS Neuro on December 18th. They have 2 interview weekends so they're probably still sending out invites?

32 minutes ago, Prefrontalvortex said:

I received an interview invite via the phone last week for Yale. Today it received another email from the DEI officer, and in it they mentioned that they received 400 applications this year. I know people are curious about the amount of applications, so just wanted to share

Hi Prefrontalvortex,

Did they mention how many interviews they sent and when the interview weekend was? Also, did they mention if all interviews have been sent out?

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, dopamine_machine said:

Hi Prefrontalvortex,

Did they mention how many interviews they sent and when the interview weekend was? Also, did they mention if all interviews have been sent out?

Thanks!

They didn’t mention how many interviews they sent out, but I don’t think they’re done sending out invites. Interview weekends are feb 12-13 and feb 26-27. There will be additional “live” events in mid January. 

5 minutes ago, Prefrontalvortex said:

They didn’t mention how many interviews they sent out, but I don’t think they’re done sending out invites. Interview weekends are feb 12-13 and feb 26-27. There will be additional “live” events in mid January. 

Okay, good to know! Thanks for all of the information :) 

13 minutes ago, dopamine_machine said:

Hi Prefrontalvortex,

Thanks!

I was told by the admissions committee member that only 40 interviews were offered!

5 minutes ago, OldFire Mamba said:

do we know if you are waitlisted automatically if not given an interview nor rejected, even they dont explicitly send you an email saying so?

I think it depends on the program; though, I believe most would notify you if you were on the waitlist.  Some programs don't send rejections until March/April and some (albeit a smaller number) don't send a rejection at all.  

Edited by dopamine_machine

8 minutes ago, NeuroKween said:

Just got an invite from Columbia too! Guess they weren’t done sending em out! 

Congrats!! Gives me some hope ... maybe.

Great job though, that is a great school and a big accomplishment to get an interview there.