2021 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neuroticneuro6

6 minutes ago, pedrxre said:

Do we know if Weill Cornell sent all the invites in one day or if they’re gonna have another round?

According to my PI, whose Alma Mater is Weill Cornell, she says they typically send all their invites in one day and have 2 3-day interview dates. Both interview dates are equal in chances of getting an acceptance. She said they(the neuroscience program) interview prospective students with the other departments (pharmacology, molecular bio, etc). She also said that acceptance is about 80% at this stage - more of a fit check. 

7 minutes ago, pedrxre said:

Do we know if Weill Cornell sent all the invites in one day or if they’re gonna have another round?

According to my PI, whose alma mater is also Weill Cornell, she said that they typically send out invites in one batch. There are 2 interview dates and both have an equal chance of an acceptance. The acceptance rate at this stage is just over 80% and is more to check for personality fit. The interviews are also held at the same time as other departments such as pharmacology and molecular bio. 

12 minutes ago, pedrxre said:

According to my PI, whose alma mater is also Weill Cornell, she said that they typically send out invites in one batch. There are 2 interview dates and both have an equal chance of an acceptance. The acceptance rate at this stage is just over 80% and is more to check for personality fit. The interviews are also held at the same time as other departments such as pharmacology and molecular bio. 

13 minutes ago, pedrxre said:

16 minutes ago, pedrxre said:

Heard from a PI at UC Davis that they were running late with getting interviews out and to expect them soon. I'm applying for the psychology/cog neuro program, but since there's no separate Neuroscience department, this might also apply to those who applied to UC Davis Neuro too. Just a guess, I know everyone is going crazy with waiting out there.  

Good Luck Everyone!

Edited by neurochurro99

3 hours ago, NeuroKween said:

Just got an interview from UCSB psychological and brain sciences! Personalised email from a PI I had reached out to earlier :)

Wow, way to go! Was there any indication that other PIs were sending out interview offers as well? I also applied PBS at UCSB. 

I saw that someone got an invite from UW - Seattle for Neuroscience. Would you be open to sharing your stats? Also, was it a mass invite or did it seem catered to you (e.g. mentioned your name)? What are the interview dates? And what time did you get it? Thanks in advance! I'm just very anxious cause UW is my top choice.

Edited by mak16

42 minutes ago, kenzieph said:

Wow, way to go! Was there any indication that other PIs were sending out interview offers as well? I also applied PBS at UCSB. 

Hmm, the email didn’t mention it, but it was the PI of the lab I selected as my first choice in the app. Might be worth reaching out to them personally in a few days if you haven’t heard since I think it’s a much more specific pairing than other neuro programs.