2021 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neuroticneuro6

@capa_detated@dopamine_machineI am also anxiously hoping that there is some possibility of UCSF left. The past few years the interviews have all come out on the same day, but they also would send rejections that same day... And, I haven't heard any applicants stating they have received a rejection yet for the Neuroscience program. Other UCSF programs have given out rejections and interviews!

If anyone has asked admissions about this, please keep me updated! Fingers crossed for all of us that there are more interviews coming up.

Has anyone who applied to Drexel going to do this optional essay thing they have now emailed about 4 times? I'm thinking they've sent it so much at this point maybe I should do it. I might treat it as an update of stuff since I submitted my app like 2 months ago

Edited by puppiesandyoga31

14 minutes ago, Zoey_q said:

Has anyone heard back from UC Irvine INP?? They sent out their invitations pretty early last year and the year before.. 

Nope. University of Washington usually sends them out pretty early too and I haven’t seen anything from them on the results board. 

10 minutes ago, Neuroimager said:

What’s the consensus on USC? More invites likely to come? 

This was some of the verbiage on the email "All interviews for the recruitment cycle are scheduled for the last week in January (25th-29th) and the first week in February (1st-5th)."

I'm not sure if this means that they sent out all the emails already for these weekends or if they are still in the process of sending out emails. They did mention that the office is closed starting today until January 4th. So if they are going to send out more invitations for those weekends I would expect them to come out then. 

I hope this was helpful!!

I spoke to someone I know currently in the program at USC and he said he received an invite in late Jan when he was applying and that most people he knows were in the same boat but that was years ago so who knows. Also if we are judging from previous years it looks like there were several days of invites sent well into Jan. Here’s to hoping!

55 minutes ago, Neuroimager said:

What’s the consensus on USC? More invites likely to come? 

7 hours ago, AnxiousNeuroKitty said:

Got my first interview today! Still waiting to hear back from the other 5. But how should I prepare? And does anyone know  Weill Cornell's acceptance rate of interviewees? 

Hey, I heard it was around 75% but it may be variable.  What interview weekend did your email from Weill Cornell say? Someone on the results page says 1/20 - 1/22, but mine said 2/03 - 2/05.

13 minutes ago, Mneuro said:

Has anyone heard back from NBB Columbia, Princeton, NYU, or BCS MIT. I have not heard anything and I am stressed out. Does anyone have an idea of when these programs send invitation ?

NYU said late December/early January when I asked!

14 minutes ago, Mneuro said:

Has anyone heard back from NBB Columbia, Princeton, NYU, or BCS MIT. I have not heard anything and I am stressed out. Does anyone have an idea of when these programs send invitation ?

Have not head anything from Princeton; however, NYU Director told me they are still processing applications and that invitations will be sent over a period of time with rejections much after that. 

Edited by AnxiousNeuroKitty

3 minutes ago, Neuroimager said:

Not necessarily, I work with a BCS grad student and he said in the days just after Christmas. I presume they wont be all at once but this is what he said.

Ah okay, this was just from the official email sent out to applicants

“Applications will remain under review through the months of December and January. Once all materials have been sorted, we will begin sending official interview invitations to selected candidates. Interviews will take place virtually on March 11 and 12, 2021 and will be by invitation only. Post-interview decisions will be sent in mid-March and final decisions will be sent in late March.”

Maybe they’re doing batches of invites?