2021 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neuroticneuro6

Just now, izthewhiz said:

Anyone got the inside scoop on Vandy Neuro? Think they’re done sending invites out? #desperate ??

I'm wondering this too! It looks like the only invites that have been posted have been for IGP not NGP. 

I applied NGP...hoping that makes a difference for when the invites will be sent out?

(For the record, I also applied to their Cog Neuro track under the Psych PhD (same PI), and I haven't heard of anyone hearing back about that program either - holding out hope for both lol)

3 minutes ago, phdhopeful96 said:

I'm wondering this too! It looks like the only invites that have been posted have been for IGP not NGP. 

I applied NGP...hoping that makes a difference for when the invites will be sent out?

(For the record, I also applied to their Cog Neuro track under the Psych PhD (same PI), and I haven't heard of anyone hearing back about that program either - holding out hope for both lol)

well I take that back...looks like a lot of different interview dates maybe it was NGP as well.....

*internal screaming*

1 hour ago, izthewhiz said:

Anyone got the inside scoop on Vandy Neuro? Think they’re done sending invites out? #desperate ??

Vanderbilt sent me an email yesterday with an invitation to interview. I'm not sure if they're done sending out invites, but the email was sent directly to me and had my name. Also, I applied directly to the NGP, so it could be different for IGP folks. 

36 minutes ago, neurofidelity said:

Has anyone who applied to the systems track at Columbia receive interview invitations?

So I received an interview invitation from Columbia, but I applied to the Animal Models of Nervous System Disorders specialization. I've got no idea if Columbia sends out interviews for different tracks at different times. 

Just now, neuro_boy said:

So I received an interview invitation from Columbia, but I applied to the Animal Models of Nervous System Disorders specialization. I've got no idea if Columbia sends out interviews for different tracks at different times. 

I think they are sending out invitations to the applicants altogether. The track/specialization is more for their own survey of the backgrounds and interests of applicants. I am an intl app and haven't heard anything yet, but according to the previous years, there might be slight hope that they will be sending out a more limited number of invitations before interview dates.

Hi, I received an email from Harvard on 12/18 saying :
"We have received a letter of recommendation from [reccomender], which has been added to your application."
But the recommender had already submitted the LOR back in November? Did anyone else receive this email/ know what this means?
[For reference, I applied to the Neuroscience Ph.D. program]

Thanks in advance! 

16 minutes ago, Just_Alice said:

Guys, do you know if universities stop sending invites from tomorrow and until January because of the holidays, so there is no reason to expect anything? 

A friend told me he received an interview on Christmas Eve once hah. Also, a lot of programs have sent invites after Christmas and before Jan in the past. 

49 minutes ago, imnothere said:

hahaha... when you haven't heard anything at all from any of your programs yet IT'S FINE. I'M COMPLETELY FINE.

I have the exactly same situation and I am freaking out? I would have been relieved to even receive a rejection, so that I would just know that the option was gone and would focus on other opportunities

Just now, Just_Alice said:

I have the exactly same situation and I am freaking out? I would have been relieved to even receive a rejection, so that I would just know that the option was gone and would focus on other opportunities

I'm just confused bc I was told by some of these programs that they don't even sound out invites til Jan and yet I already see some posts on here ?

Just now, imnothere said:

I'm just confused bc I was told by some of these programs that they don't even sound out invites til Jan and yet I already see some posts on here ?

maybe they have individual invites and send them over some time... 

we're just gonna hope bc I'm skresst rn. Legitimately starting to think I might not get in anywhere this cycle :[

Me either... by the way, what do people do when they do not get in anywhere? I am still trying to figure out my plans for that occasion

Just now, Just_Alice said:

Me either... by the way, what do people do when they do not get in anywhere? I am still trying to figure out my plans for that occasion

idk about other people, but I'll just keep being a lab manager for another year and hope I can push out more pubs I guess. I was unlucky this year bc both of my conference presentations were full-on canceled. And i've only been doing full time research for two years, so I only have 1 pub. 

idk about other people, but I'll just keep being a lab manager for another year and hope I can push out more pubs I guess. I was unlucky this year bc both of my conference presentations were full-on canceled. And i've only been doing full time research for two years, so I only have 1 pub. 

I am also a lab manager and I see people in labs here who remain to be lab managers for so long...  I do not want to be stuck like that. However, it seems like I will have to continue doing this as well... and I also have 1 pub and have not been doing research for too long. Anyway, cheers to lab managers in this thread!?