2021 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neuroticneuro6

17 minutes ago, neurohopeful123 said:

I feel like Yale might be done... people are posting interviews from a couple days ago now and looks to be similar numbers posting as years before but who knows!

My main hope is that it seems like faculty are the ones reaching out.  I’m hoping that it’s taking some faculty longer than others due to the holiday season (in previous years, Yale released after the holidays so this year is already a bit unusual)

5 minutes ago, cogcontrol said:

How about Princeton? Do you guys think they're done sending out invites?

I think Princeton might still be sending out interview invites -- the results page shows that they started sending them out last week on December 23, and they've continued to send them over several days. They sent me an invite this past weekend!

8 hours ago, VictorZ said:

Me too. So sad. It's my dream program.

Duke Neurobiology is admitting 1/3rd the number of students this year (less than 10) compared to last year but got 2.5 times as many applications (230 this year versus around 90 last year). Unless your POI is on the admissions committee, chances are slim this year in all of the Duke Biomedical PhD programs as well as the Biology PhD program, even if you have a 4.0 or close to 4.0 GPA and decent research experience.

8 minutes ago, sirtuingirl said:

Duke Neurobiology is admitting 1/3rd the number of students this year (less than 10) compared to last year but got 2.5 times as many applications (230 this year versus around 90 last year). Unless your POI is on the admissions committee, chances are slim this year in all of the Duke Biomedical PhD programs as well as the Biology PhD program, even if you have a 4.0 or close to 4.0 GPA and decent research experience.

Thanks for the information!

I'm an international applicant with a MS in the US. 3 pubs and 2 are in preparation. Had a good talk with my POI who serves on the admission committee. Sooo sad I could not get an inview invite. I used to think there would be less applications this year but clearly I was wrong.

53 minutes ago, sirtuingirl said:

Any info on the Psychology and Neuroscience PhD program in Duke? I have applied to Psychology and Neuroscience and have not heard back, neither an invite nor a rejection. And this is not a Biomedical program, it belongs to another department I think.

Edited by Just_Alice

22 minutes ago, Elephantonly said:

UPenn NGG now says they’re still reviewing apps and they expect all invites to be sent by late January

Who did you contact in the program (i.e. POIs or Program Leadership)? I’m thinking of doing the same thing for another program I applied to!

Edited by dopamine_machine

I'm feeling kinda numb by this stage since I haven't received ANYTHING from any program I applied to ? I feel that neuroscience programs make earlier decisions than psychology programs which is what I'm primarily applying to

32 minutes ago, UnmotivatedNeuroApplicant said:

I'm feeling kinda numb by this stage since I haven't received ANYTHING from any program I applied to ? I feel that neuroscience programs make earlier decisions than psychology programs which is what I'm primarily applying to

Where did you apply?

Does anyone know if the University of Pittsburgh (CNUP) is done sending out invitations? Also, has anyone heard from the University of Michigan (NGP)? I saw a lot of people heard back from PIBS, but I do not think I came across anyone on the results page regarding interview invitations from NGP.