2021 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neuroticneuro6

32 minutes ago, Elephantonly said:

Did anyone hear from Stanford? Would they release decisions this week?

Stanford said they'll begin emailing interviewees next week: "During the week of January 11, 2021, the committees will start to contact applicants who have been selected for an interview.  The selected applicants will be invited to interview via Zoom and participate in programming with faculty and current students. Our interview dates are currently set for Wednesday, March 3 through Saturday, March 6, 2021, but may shift. This is our only interview session. All applicants will be notified of the decision on their application by the end of January."

5 minutes ago, sadbrain said:

Stanford said they'll begin emailing interviewees next week: "During the week of January 11, 2021, the committees will start to contact applicants who have been selected for an interview.  The selected applicants will be invited to interview via Zoom and participate in programming with faculty and current students. Our interview dates are currently set for Wednesday, March 3 through Saturday, March 6, 2021, but may shift. This is our only interview session. All applicants will be notified of the decision on their application by the end of January."

Thanks for the info!!

Hey all, I am seeing people starting to post UCSF rejections that came out today! I have yet to get an interview invitation or a rejection (either on the site or by email)... If any of you got the rejection, will you let me know if it was generic or if it seemed like they will be sending them out individually? Thanks :)

1 hour ago, neurolingr said:

Hey all, I am seeing people starting to post UCSF rejections that came out today! I have yet to get an interview invitation or a rejection (either on the site or by email)... If any of you got the rejection, will you let me know if it was generic or if it seemed like they will be sending them out individually? Thanks :)

Hey, I got a UCSF rejection today. This is what the email said: There has been a change in the status of your application to the Neuroscience PhD graduate program at UCSF.

Then it prompted me to check the portal. On the portal, it said rejected. So I think they are entering it in the portal individually which sends emails to applicants automatically.

Hope it helps!

Hey guys! 
I emailed one of the programs I applied to and they said that they’re in the first phase of the reviewing process and invitations.. 

Anyone has any idea what this means?? Not sure if this is good or bad news ☹️

I’m wondering if other programs review the applications and send out invitations in phases as well

17 minutes ago, vCoconut said:

Hey guys! Does anyone know if UCSD is still sending out interviews? It seems like they sent out the majority on Dec 28th, but I'm not sure if they send them out in multiple rounds or not.

I heard there might be a second round of emails sent out this week or next from a current UCSD biomedical grad. student. They also mentioned the second batch of emails might depend on how many individuals decline the first round of interview invitations (I can't imagine why anyone would barring a conflict with another higher priority program). I am hoping more invites are sent out as well since I already received a UCSF invite, but also attended UCSD as an undergrad.

17 hours ago, neurolingr said:

I'm in the same boat. I'm hoping it means that we are still under consideration or waitlisted but I know I'm being overly optimistic. 

Just now, mak16 said:

I'm in the same boat. I'm hoping it means that we are still under consideration or waitlisted but I know I'm being overly optimistic. 

I am as well! Kind of confused, but I bet we will find out more info on our admissions status over the next few days.