2021 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neuroticneuro6

8 minutes ago, Just_Alice said:

Me either... by the way, what do people do when they do not get in anywhere? I am still trying to figure out my plans for that occasion

I applied two years ago, got 2 interviews and was rejected afterwards. I just kept working in my lab, and here I am with many more publications, posters and research experience! It all works out in the end!

5 minutes ago, imnothere said:

idk about other people, but I'll just keep being a lab manager for another year and hope I can push out more pubs I guess. I was unlucky this year bc both of my conference presentations were full-on canceled. And i've only been doing full time research for two years, so I only have 1 pub. 

I know a few people with zero pubs or more than a year of neuro experience that got into Columbia and other few best schools. Go figure 

Just now, imnothere said:

idk about other people, but I'll just keep being a lab manager for another year and hope I can push out more pubs I guess. I was unlucky this year bc both of my conference presentations were full-on canceled. And i've only been doing full time research for two years, so I only have 1 pub. 

I am sorry about your conferences... I am also a lab manager and I see people in labs here who remain to be lab managers for so long...  I do not want to be stuck like that. However, it seems like I will have to continue doing this as well... and I also have 1 pub and have not been doing research for too long. Anyway, cheers to lab managers in this thread!?

12 hours ago, imnothere said:

I am also a lab manager and I see people here who have been lab managers for quite a while... I do not want to be stuck like that. However, I am going to have to be, as it seems. Cheers to the lab managers in this thread!

15 hours ago, rainestorm said:

I applied two years ago, got 2 interviews and was rejected afterwards. I just kept working in my lab, and here I am with many more publications, posters and research experience! It all works out in the end!

Do you have an idea on why you were rejected after interviews?

1 hour ago, actionpotential said:

Do you have an idea on why you were rejected after interviews?

I'm curious about this, too. As it stands, I have 2 interviews out of 6. My background is predominantly Biology, but I am making the transition into Neuro (have been managing & tech'ing in a systems lab for almost a year). I'm going to have to put my everything into the interviews...

30 minutes ago, dopamine_machine said:

I saw that 1 person posted it, but it seemed atypical so I'm unsure if it was real/a mistake/etc.  I'm assuming they haven't started coming out yet

Ah okay. I tech here and they just sent out an email to the department saying that they’ve made their selection. 55 interviews out of 566. I just wasn’t sure if it was sent out yet or not 

Just now, NeuroKween said:

Ah okay. I tech here and they just sent out an email to the department saying that they’ve made their selection. 55 interviews out of 566. I just wasn’t sure if it was sent out yet or not 

Oh nice, good to know the figures! I bet it will come out tonight or the day after Christmas.  I haven't heard about anyone actually getting an interview invite yet from NYU and if there are 55 interview invites, we would definitely see it on the Results page (Penn NGG had ~25 interview invites and they were markedly present on the results page when they came out).

Hi all, I have a question about the Weill Cornell's electronic response survey on qualtrics. Is there a way to know whether our responses were recorded? When I reopen the survey after submitting mine, I saw a blank survey (whereas when I used surveymonkey, I would see that I already taken the survey). I was wondering if this means that my responses were not recorded? Thank you very much!

9 hours ago, CASCAS said:

Hi all, I have a question about the Weill Cornell's electronic response survey on qualtrics. Is there a way to know whether our responses were recorded? When I reopen the survey after submitting mine, I saw a blank survey (whereas when I used surveymonkey, I would see that I already taken the survey). I was wondering if this means that my responses were not recorded? Thank you very much!

I was wondering the same thing. But after submitting the survey, it said that the response was recorded so I would not worry.