Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

14 hours ago, webbz_world0226 said:

Hey all,

I had a question and wanted to see your thoughts. University of Florida sent out a mass rejection today for their clinical psychology doctoral program. I did not receive an email; however, it looks like a lot of interview invites have went out as well. I haven't heard anything either way, but I do know that my application is complete since I received verification of that at the time of submitting it. 
Let me know your opinions please! Thanks guys! :)

This happened to me last year. Sometimes it means that you're on a waitlist. You might not be in the pile for interviews but you could be in the pile for if they need to hold a second round of interviews 

Hi everyone, quick question here. I'm first author on a manuscript which was just accepted for publication as of today. What's the best way to notify grad programs I've applied to that this manuscript has now been accepted?

57 minutes ago, tryingtostaypositive said:

It's been 3 days since U of Miami's supposed interview extension date, should I assume I got rejected (haven't seen a lot of U of Miami interview invites on the results page though)?

Im on the same boat. I haven’t heard about UM. Someone got an Informal interview for clinical health, but have heard nothing for clinical adult nor child.

Hi guys! I got an interview for Oklahoma State University's Clinical PhD program!!! WooOOOooo!

If anyone has information about these others programs (all clinical PhD) please let me know

UNC Chapel Hill

University of Kansas (KU)

Ohio University

Bowling Green State University

University of Cincinnati

Miami University (Ohio)

Drexel University 

On 12/18/2020 at 9:50 AM, fr3nchy485 said:

Hi guys! I got an interview for Oklahoma State University's Clinical PhD program!!! WooOOOooo!

If anyone has information about these others programs (all clinical PhD) please let me know

UNC Chapel Hill

Ohio University

University of Cincinnati

Miami University (Ohio)

Drexel University 

Congrats! That's so exciting :) Do you mind saying if it was a mass email from Oklahoma State University or an individually sent email? Wondering whether to scratch it off my list or not lol

1 hour ago, Kelso123 said:

Hi everyone, quick question here. I'm first author on a manuscript which was just accepted for publication as of today. What's the best way to notify grad programs I've applied to that this manuscript has now been accepted?

I'm not an authority on the topic but my gut says don't. This is a great thing to bring up in interviews when you've updated your CV but for now, it'll probably just get lost in the shuffle if you aren't already actively talking to a PI about a scheduled interview. I don't think there's such a huge difference between accepted vs "under review" that would totally change the game for a PI making decisions 

6 minutes ago, shutupsigmundfreud said:

Is anyone expecting to hear anything from Stony Brook today? CUDCP timeline says their interview notification deadline is tomorrow (but idk if that's true because it's a saturday?), and their official interviews start on the 4th. Seems so soon!

I've gotten interview invites on a weekend before, so I'll be holding out until Sunday before crossing out SBU on my list.

2 hours ago, fr3nchy485 said:

UNC Chapel Hill

Ohio University

University of Cincinnati

Miami University (Ohio)

Drexel University 

For Drexel University, I graduated from their master's program last year. A friend of mine who is heavily involved in the admissions process says that they won't send out invites until after the holidays. 

On 12/18/2020 at 10:34 AM, BeatriceWillow said:

Congrats! That's so exciting :) Do you mind saying if it was a mass email from Oklahoma State University or an individually sent email? Wondering whether to scratch it off my list or not lol

Hey! Looks to individual emails. Keep your head high and cross your fingers! 

21 minutes ago, gin25 said:

For Drexel University, I graduated from their master's program last year. A friend of mine who is heavily involved in the admissions process says that they won't send out invites until after the holidays. 

Oh wow okay! Man, the waiting game SUCKS! 

3 hours ago, shutupsigmundfreud said:

Is anyone expecting to hear anything from Stony Brook today? CUDCP timeline says their interview notification deadline is tomorrow (but idk if that's true because it's a saturday?), and their official interviews start on the 4th. Seems so soon!

I had a pre-interview with a PI at Stony Brook yesterday and he said he will be making decisions by the end of this week and interviews will go out (for him) this weekend or early next week.

Email from University of Denver: 

Dear Applicants to the Clinical Child PhD program at the University of Denver,

We are delighted to learn that you applied to our program. We wanted to let you know about the procedures and dates for our admissions process this year.

We are currently reviewing applications and expect that this process will continue through mid-January. Some, but not all, faculty who are interested in accepting a clinical child doctoral student will be holding phone or video interviews with prospective candidates prior to deciding on final interview invitations.  This means that you may or may not hear from a faculty mentor about a preliminary interview. (Some faculty prefer this step in their selection process, whereas others do not.)

The faculty conducting preliminary interviews will be doing this in late December or early January.  If you do hear that you are invited to do a preliminary interview, please respond as soon as possible because these need to be conducted within a tight timeframe. If you do not hear about a preliminary interview, this does not necessarily mean you are not being considered for a final interview.

Our interviews will be virtual this year and will take place on Friday, February 19th and Monday, February 22nd.  
If you are invited for an interview, you will be notified by the end of January at the latest so you can plan accordingly.  You do not need to contact us to inquire about the status of your application, as the Graduate Program Administrator will try to inform those who are not invited as soon as this is known.

19 hours ago, pomegranateleaves said:

Hi everyone!! Has anyone heard from the University of Florida's counseling department? I read that that people received rejection letters today from U of F, but I think it was just the clinical track people Thanks!

They received applications from the graduate school last Friday, and began looking at them this week.