Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

49 minutes ago, SomethingCever said:

These are the same programs I applied for, same outcomes, except still waiting on the post-degree BSW update! Do you mind me asking what the first letter of your last name is? Wondering if they do it alphabetically, because I'm an 'S', so I want to prepare myself for the worst lol

My last name starts with an M, so they might be getting to you soon! They sent me an email on the 27th but I saw that I was accepted a few days before on My File. Good luck!! Hang in there, I know waiting can be so frustrating.  

On 5/1/2021 at 9:12 PM, angelicpiano said:

Congrats! I am applying as well. I do not work full-time, but rather I tutor a few hours a week? Can I still apply? Also, may I ask your average and volunteer stats? I have about a mid 70's average. I worry it is low. I also only have ~1800 volunteer/work hours. I have about 60 working at a Sexual Violence Centre. The rest are just volunteering at a non-profit playing piano for patients in hospitals, exec positions for organizations at my university, one was also a non-profit, and then teaching experiences. I would some input on your application. 

Yes you can apply if you're not working full time!

This person replied earlier in the thread but they had over 9000 hours of experience and I believe a low 80s GPA. I am applying for the January intake. I also have a meh average but figure it can't hurt to try! Good luck to you!

Has anyone heard back from Laurier for the MSW Part time (online) foundation program for working professionals? The website says target for offers is May, and I know it is only May 3rd but I have already been obsessively refreshing my Laurier Grad app lol. 

5 hours ago, MSWAPP2021 said:

Has anyone heard back from Laurier for the MSW Part time (online) foundation program for working professionals? The website says target for offers is May, and I know it is only May 3rd but I have already been obsessively refreshing my Laurier Grad app lol. 

Hey no I haven't heard anything back yet either hopefully we hear back soon fingers crossed! 

16 hours ago, MSWAPP2021 said:

Same !!!

19 hours ago, MSWAPP2021 said:

I reached out to the enrolment advisor a few weeks ago just to get an idea of when we would hear back and this was her response:

“Thank you for reaching out. You should receive a decision back on your application either towards the end of May or sometime in June.“

So, it looks like we will be waiting for a while....

??

1 minute ago, MSWRYT said:

I reached out to the enrolment advisor a few weeks ago just to get an idea of when we would hear back and this was her response:

“Thank you for reaching out. You should receive a decision back on your application either towards the end of May or sometime in June.“

??

SOOOO over the wait 

1 hour ago, MSWRYT said:

??

And the waiting begins! I'll be refreshing this this forum daily lol 

On 4/27/2021 at 11:26 PM, Anon12 said:

Just got off the waitlist for Windsor’s advanced standing program and accepted, after 5 stressful months? thank you guys for helping me through it and reminding me to stay positive I hope you all get in!

CONGRATULATIONS!! I jus typed my response to your last message and oh my I’m so happy for you! Well I guess I’ll be seeing you in my classes :) 

32 minutes ago, kmswyay said:

CONGRATULATIONS!! I jus typed my response to your last message and oh my I’m so happy for you! Well I guess I’ll be seeing you in my classes :) 

Haha thank you so much!!! We were stressing so much we earned it I’m proud of us! see you in class???

hi!! I'd love to get to know people who are also going to Windsor (both advanced standing and regular track)!

Maybe I missed the post but has there been any facebook groups made for Windsor yet?? :)

6 hours ago, MSWRYT said:

??

oh no! I will have to stay patient a little bit longer. Thanks for sharing this. I ended up emailing admissions to get an aproximate date and all I got was a response saying: 

"Please visit our Application Checklist page for the decision target dates.  We are not able to provide a “specific date”.  Decisions may be made earlier or later than expected and will be sent electronically to the email address provided at time of application"

Hoping that we will hear back in May and not have to wait until June!!!

16 hours ago, MSWAPP2021 said:

oh no! I will have to stay patient a little bit longer. Thanks for sharing this. I ended up emailing admissions to get an aproximate date and all I got was a response saying: 

"Please visit our Application Checklist page for the decision target dates.  We are not able to provide a “specific date”.  Decisions may be made earlier or later than expected and will be sent electronically to the email address provided at time of application"

Hoping that we will hear back in May and not have to wait until June!!!

Oh that’s annoying.. what a vague response! Hahaha I’m hoping we will hear by end of May. June seems so far away ?

3 hours ago, ashleyym said:

Hello!!! There has been a group created for the 2-year regular track at Windsor:
 https://www.facebook.com/groups/440288837064537

Thank you!!! I am in the 1-year stream, but I would love to still join the group if that's okay!! i'm thinking we might have some similar questions/courses and i'd love to make some friends and maybe a study group for sept :)

2 hours ago, Jenpal said:

Has anyone heard from York regarding admission into their 2 year MSW program? I know they said they would call applicants beginning in May but, was just wondering if anyone has heard anything :) 

I'm still waiting for a response as well. I think we won't hear until closer to the end of the month considering their email said the latter half of May? I will try and post when I hear back. What a long wait. 

46 minutes ago, MMSW said:

I'm still waiting for a response as well. I think we won't hear until closer to the end of the month considering their email said the latter half of May? I will try and post when I hear back. What a long wait. 

I received my rejection letter from them on April 16th, so hopefully the long wait is a good sign for you guys! Fingers crossed for you :)

4 hours ago, Jenpal said:

Has anyone heard from York regarding admission into their 2 year MSW program? I know they said they would call applicants beginning in May but, was just wondering if anyone has heard anything :) 

Unfortunately they said the latter part of May ? such a long wait! 

On 4/28/2021 at 11:47 AM, Wandering-Nomad said:

Okay, I have an interesting question:

Recently, I was put on the wait-list for lauriers 2 Year MSW program. While I am still hopeful of being accepted, I do not want to put all my eggs in one basket.

Around the time I submitted my application for an MSW, I also applied to collage and was recently accepted. My question to anyone who may be able to offer insight is, will accepting the collage offer hurt my wait-list spot in any way?

I have to accept my collage offer by May 1st and I do not want to have to re-apply for a masters or a collage program. I have left my fate in the hands of God and will accept whatever comes my way. However, I also do not want to intentionally jeopardize any chance I may have of being accepted into the MSW program. 

Any insight towards my dilemma would be much appreciated- Thank you kindly!!

I was in the same situation last year! I was accepted to Humber but waitlisted at UofT. I'm glad that I went ahead and accepted Humber's offer as when September had come around is when I heard back and ultimately got rejected from UofT. Had I not accepted Humber's offer, I'm not sure what I would have been doing this year. There is also no way of the school you applied to for the MSW to know that you have accepted an offer to a college, so I say go for it!