Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

31 minutes ago, cathySW said:

Quick question, does anyone know if you take an elective course in the summer as part of my graduation requirement and submit the official transcript to the MSW school showing my BSW before September, do you know if MSW programs still accept students in September?- I know msw programs are conditional upon official transcript, just wondering when we would have to submit them?! 

hi! So what I was told was if you email the MSW department and let them know that your transcript wont be available until end of August, they will adjust your offer letter to say that you need a letter by august 31st stating that you've completed your undergrad, and then you can submit your transcript by November 1st, but as I said, you have to let them know. This is the case for Laurier btw. Hope this helps :)

Hey all! Congrats to everyone who received acceptances and waitlist too! I got waitlisted for Western, Laurier and U of T after hearing back from five MSW schools. What a wild and anxiety ridden ride!  I am still holding out faith to get off waitlist for at least one of the schools ?

Edited by KayMay

20 minutes ago, kouklah said:

CONGRATS! I am rooting for you to get in. I have a few friends who are also on the Laurier wait list but who may take other offers. ??

Awe, your too sweet ♥️ Thank you so much for the vote of confidence. If anything happens I will be sure to post here, even if it's a few months from now ? Congraulations to everyone, accepted, waitlisted, and rejected. It takes a lot to complete the application and it took a lot from us all to even get to this point where we can apply for a masters. I am honestly so proud and full of love for you all! In the case you are not successful, this is not the end. You can try again or choose to pursue another path that may be better for you. Whatever you choose, I hope you continue to inspire and support the lives of other to the best of your ability. 

Stay kind ♥️

31 minutes ago, soph.tc said:

Just got accepted to Laurier! I will be declining it and accepting UofT. I'm excited that this means a spot will open up for someone else :) 

Can I ask whether you were originally wait-listed and just got the offer for Laurier, or whether you only just received an offer of admission? I'm curious if they are already going through offers to the wait-list.

2 minutes ago, Murphys_law said:

Can I ask whether you were originally wait-listed and just got the offer for Laurier, or whether you only just received an offer of admission? I'm curious if they are already going through offers to the wait-list.

I got the email around 3:30, and it just said that I was accepted- didn’t get any notif about a waitlist prior. 

11 minutes ago, Ihatethissomuch said:

They probably won’t send out offers for the waitlist until after everyone initially accepted has responded - typically after the due date they are given to do so. 

Thanks, I wasn't sure how it was being handled. The time I was wait-listed I heard back the following day, so I mistakenly assumed that the procedure would be the same for this program.

11 hours ago, MelaninandJustice said:

Yeah it's true that I could defer my acceptance but I really wouldn't like tooooo though. I've been working in the field for over 6 years and just want to get the MSW done y'know? It just sucks that this area of work is what I'm passionate about. I know very intently what I want to do too for the MSW. I'm sooo torn. Decisions Decisions :(

I've been looking on the UofT website and they've been saying that they plan to open in September. I'm a little confused as i've seen at least three or so different emails as a point of contact. Does anyone know who I would be able to contact ( via email) so I can ask questions?

Hey, I wouldn’t worry too much. I’m almost 100% sure it’ll be online. There’s no way, especially with these new variants, that they could make it in-person. At most it would be hybrid. I also have a job and had the same concern but my boyfriend who works at the university says that universities have to put out hope because it’ll validate their tuition costs. They won’t have to decrease or change tuition if they say nothing is changing. I think you’ll be fine and a masters will open more dream jobs for you so if you can, I’d say go for it! And I’m sure It will be online. 

Hello everyone!

For those who accepted their University of Windsor offer I have a question about setting up UWinsite. How long after setting it up did it change from an “applicant profile” on the top? It should change as per the welcome email instructions so I can see the important deadlines as a student.

Thank you in advance for any insight!!

Hey, guys this might be a stupid question, but what would you say is the easiest MSW program to get into in canada? My first choice when I apply will be UofT but I really want backup options so I am not too disappointed if I get rejected from UofT

4 minutes ago, Unicornfrrf said:

Hey, guys this might be a stupid question, but what would you say is the easiest MSW program to get into in canada? My first choice when I apply will be UofT but I really want backup options so I am not too disappointed if I get rejected from UofT

Hey!!! I am not sure getting into any program is easy to be honest. Getting accepted into any MSW program is an honour. My best piece of advice would be just to apply to the most MSW programs as you can due to some having more spots than others. More applications creates a higher chance of getting into an MSW program.