Canadian MSW Applicants 2021

Just now, Murphys_law said:

Me either. It is really frustrating to sit back and watch everyone else hear, either way. I just want to know, regardless of whether I'm rejected or accepted. The waiting game is awful. 

I know, last week I was one of the last to hear about UofT so it sucks that it's happening again lol

Hey everyone! So far I have been waitlisted for U of T and Western. Rejected from York (I heard back yesterday last name S) and still waiting on Laurier. To me, it seems like they are somewhat going alphabetically? Also, Is it just me or is everyone that got accepted to western waiting to get off waitlist for U of T? ah this process is very stressful! ?

Just now, AlexaS said:

I know, last week I was one of the last to hear about UofT so it sucks that it's happening again lol

The worst. Sorry you're going through that waiting again. 

Just now, Wandering-Nomad said:

My last name starts with A, not sure of that means anything, but I am choosing to stay hopeful ?

My last name starts with B, and I submitted my application more than a month before it closed so I was hoping that regardless of what strategy they were using to send out offers and rejections I would have heard earlier than this. 

6 minutes ago, KayMay said:

Hey everyone! So far I have been waitlisted for U of T and Western. Rejected from York (I heard back yesterday last name S) and still waiting on Laurier. To me, it seems like they are somewhat going alphabetically? Also, Is it just me or is everyone that got accepted to western waiting to get off waitlist for U of T? ah this process is very stressful! ?

From the York 2 year program? I'm just wondering because I haven't heard back. I'm also waitlisted for UofT and Western, hopefully we hear some good news soon!

So I have received 4/6 rejections but waitlisted with Windsor and Western. Congratulations to everyone who got accepted! I hope your acceptances lead to more spots opening up at my schools! little bit of a selfish thought but would lead to success for everyone! Good luck everyone!

7 minutes ago, icedmatchalatte said:

From the York 2 year program? I'm just wondering because I haven't heard back. I'm also waitlisted for UofT and Western, hopefully we hear some good news soon!

yeah it was the York 2-year program I got my rejection around 9:12 am yesterday (last name S). I really would like to hear some good news but I guess only time will tell! 

Edited by KayMay

1 minute ago, kouklah said:

Just received my acceptance to Laurier's FT MSW program. Last name S. I am waiting on York but I know it will be awhile. Laurier is my top choice!

CONGRATS LADY!! Also thank you for posting! I thought they were only sending out rejections today ?

Edited by Wandering-Nomad

5 minutes ago, kouklah said:

Just received my acceptance to Laurier's MSW program. Last name S. I am waiting on York but I know it will be awhile. Laurier is my top choice! Edit: My Loris has not changed.

Congrats!! Nice to see acceptances are still rolling out for those who haven't heard back.

Guess we'll be seeing each other in the fall :)

4 minutes ago, KnitFlamingo said:

Congrats!! Nice to see acceptances are still rolling out for those who haven't heard back.

Guess we'll be seeing each other in the fall :)

I can't wait! ?

To anyone waiting for York's 2 year program I received an email from them last night which I will post below. Last year I had no communication with them at all until June so I'm glad they sent this out this year. They said they will be calling with their offers of acceptance this year

Screenshot 2021-04-15 1.24.13 PM.png

Edited by Kal008