2020-2021 Application Thread

Theory007

牛年快乐 ? Happy Lunar New Year everyone! As the Ox symbolizes fortitude, I wish you good health, happiness, and strength of spirit as we come to the end of this cycle.

giphy.gif

Edited by icemanyeo

Yeah, at least I know my status now!  It was a response from the Graduate Program Coordinator.  I called and left a message earlier, and she got back to me personally.  She said there are 11 people on the wait list.  I'd email her if I were you.  I don't think BU sends wait list emails unless you ask them about your status.  

Edited by StarkDark1

1 minute ago, StarkDark1 said:

Yeah, at least I know my status now!  It was a response from the Graduate Program Coordinator.  I called and left a message earlier, and she got back to me personally.  She said there are 11 people on the wait list.  I'd email her if I were you.  I don't think BU sends wait list emails unless you ask them about your status.  

Just sent off an email. Such a bizarre practice. Congrats on your waitlist position btw! 

Does anyone know when we can expect Georgetown decisions (from the actual department or graduate office, not gradcafe trends)? I’m just trying to figure out if I’ll essentially be waiting until March for any more decisions so I can try to carry on with life for now. If no one here knows, I’m happy to contact them. 

Edit for spelling mistake. 

Edited by BrownSugar

Just now, TheLifeofBrian said:

Looks like Trolls are claiming Cornell offer.... Don't people have better things to do? ?

Definitely a troll seeing that I got an email yesterday saying decisions will come during the first week of March. You can always tell it’s someone trolling given that they clearly didn’t read the thread 

Just now, BrownSugar said:

Does anyone know when we can expect Georgetown decisions (from the actual department or graduate office, not gradcafe trends)? I’m just trying to figure out if I’ll essentially be waiting until March for anymore decisions so I can try to carry on with life for now. If no one here knows, I’m happy to contact them. 

I am wondering the same. 

4 minutes ago, BrownSugar said:

Definitely a troll seeing that I got an email yesterday saying decisions will come during the first week of March. You can always tell it’s someone trolling given that they clearly didn’t read the thread 

You got this email from Cornell's dept of government? I did not get that email. Was it a mass email or just to you? 

Does anyone know when we can expect Georgetown decisions (from the actual department or graduate office, not gradcafe trends)? I’m just trying to figure out if I’ll essentially be waiting until March for any more decisions so I can try to carry on with life for now. If no one here knows, I’m happy to contact them. 

Edit for spelling mistake. 

There was someone in the results section that refered to the following tweet by a Gorgetown professor:

georgetown professor.JPG

Just now, loiewo said:

You got this email from Cornell's dept of government? I did not get that email. Was it a mass email or just to you? 

No, it was just to me. I had emailed them with a few questions, and one of them concerned the decision timeline. 

1 minute ago, SPN123 said:

There was someone in the results section that refered to the following tweet by a Gorgetown professor:

georgetown professor.JPG

Thanks! I saw this but didn’t want to read too much into it as it doesn’t really offer any solid insight on the timeline. 

Hello!

Does anybody know anything about the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey, CA? I was wondering if a Masters degree from there could be useful in getting closer to my goal of getting into a PhD program...

Thanks! I saw this but didn’t want to read too much into it as it doesn’t really offer any solid insight on the timeline. 

Yeah, I hear you! I wish all schools just agreed on one date where they all announce the results at the same time. The waiting can be such a rollercoaster. 

Just now, SPN123 said:

Yeah, I hear you! I wish all schools just agreed on one date where they all announce the results at the same time. The waiting can be such a rollercoaster. 

Yes! This would really help with anxiety, or at least if each school had a set date (not necessarily all the same). Any bit of certainty is always welcome haha 

Seems like based on Devaux's app, we can expect to hear back from Yale either in the last week of February or first week of March. Guess that means I can carry on normally until then.