2020-2021 Application Thread

Theory007

26 minutes ago, PolNerd said:

Finally got an official acceptance email (decision was on portal) from the DSG at OSU. Funding decisions will be sent mid Feb and the virtual visit is schedule for March 3rd!

What subfield are you? I have an acceptance in my portal but haven't gotten a DSG email yet. Also, did it seem to be personalized to you?

Just now, polisci_gal said:

No one's heard from BU yet eh? 

Nope... 

19 minutes ago, insightfulramblings said:

It seems like there is just one professor at Boston College going through every application and sending out rejection emails here and there. I am sticking with no news is good news. haha 

Yeah... I was one of the unlucky. Oh well, Im looking at it like the universe is making space for the right program, so my choice won't be as difficult in the end. Glass half full, ya know?  ?

4 minutes ago, TheLifeofBrian said:

Nope... 

Yeah... I was one of the unlucky. Oh well, Im looking at it like the universe is making space for the right program, so my choice won't be as difficult in the end. Glass half full, ya know?  ?

I'm sorry! I just posted the message out of being anxious. I am sure that you will have a handful of wonderful programs to pick from when it is all said and done! 

6 minutes ago, insightfulramblings said:

I'm sorry! I just posted the message out of being anxious. I am sure that you will have a handful of wonderful programs to pick from when it is all said and done! 

I am ok with their decision. It's super small program. Good luck to you!

1 hour ago, gingerantelope said:

What subfield are you? I have an acceptance in my portal but haven't gotten a DSG email yet. Also, did it seem to be personalized to you?

IR. Not personalized at all, just had my name on the Dear part -- actually the coordinator was the one who sent an email with a pdf letter from the DSG attached.

3 hours ago, til1996 said:

The Princeton bloodbath is coming. I can feel it in my bones.

Hi! I see in your signature that you listed Harvard and Columbia as back up masters programs. Which courses exactly? 

So my OSU portal still shows pending, and I know people got their decisions a long time ago. At this point, it is very safe for me to assume it is probably a reject, but I don't get why they can't just change the pending sign to a rejection so I can stop checking it! 

Just now, nivy25 said:

So my OSU portal still shows pending, and I know people got their decisions a long time ago. At this point, it is very safe for me to assume it is probably a reject, but I don't get why they can't just change the pending sign to a rejection so I can stop checking it! 

Feeling the same way about Austin!