2020-2021 Application Thread

Theory007

1 hour ago, BrownSugar said:

I JUST GOT AN OFFER FROM USC WITH FELLOWSHIP AAAAH (still have to put it in the survey) 

Hoorayy!!! Congratulations!!! Did they reach out by phone or by email?

16 minutes ago, NeedaMormon said:

Just got a phone call from Texas A & M! Accepted with full funding!

Woooo!!! Congrats on the offer!!!

Edited by kongnamul

11 minutes ago, polisci_gal said:

Love this for you! One of my mentors did their PhD at Texas A&M - they definitely produce amazing scholars. Congratulations

Thanks! It's nice to know I will have options now.

It's humbling to think that these schools essentially want to pay me to be there. I've felt "imposter syndrome" for a while now, and while I don't think that's gonna stop anytime soon, it's reassuring that schools (no matter the ranking) see potential in me.

Just now, NeedaMormon said:

Thanks! It's nice to know I will have options now.

It's humbling to think that these schools essentially want to pay me to be there. I've felt "imposter syndrome" for a while now, and while I don't think that's gonna stop anytime soon, it's reassuring that schools (no matter the ranking) see potential in me.

Of course. That reassurance must be a great feeling. Your admissions are well deserved so give yourself some credit! 

10 hours ago, Aydemiru said:

Anyone claiming from Albany? Isn't it too early? It's been just two weeks since the deadline

Claiming an Albany admit! I too was shocked at how quick the turnaround was. I was asked to interview just 5 days past the application deadline, and offered admission less than two weeks past the deadline. 

2 minutes ago, Lovemyboy said:

Congrat, is there anyway that to check the result except for the phone? What if I didn't pick up the phone?

Thank you.

It doesn't look like there is any other way to see your status. The application portal doesn't mention anything new. I would assume they would leave a message or something.

4 minutes ago, NeedaMormon said:

It doesn't look like there is any other way to see your status. The application portal doesn't mention anything new. I would assume they would leave a message or something.

That drives me crazy....Should I email them to check the result? It's been late now. I don't think they're still working now..It's Friday afternoon... 

Anyway thank you so much and congrats again!!! Hope I had a chance to receive more good news.

32 minutes ago, NeedaMormon said:

So happy for you! I know exactly what you mean :) 

1 hour ago, Lovemyboy said:

Should I email them to check the result? It's been late now. I don't think they're still working now..It's Friday afternoon... 

Edited by jamesc6

Just got a waitlist from Stony Brook. The email from DGS drove home that its a small one and that normally these waitlists would be admits under normal circumstances. I don’t know whether they’re just trying to be nice so I don’t take it as a rejection or they’re being totally honest.

Hi y'all! I've been lurking here for a few weeks and am finally claiming an acceptance to SUNY at Stony Brook! I graduated with my BA in Political Science and Psychology in December and am honestly pretty shocked at this acceptance. Full funding for five years!

Here's where I applied: OSU, SUNY @ SB, Washington State University, MIT, UMich, and WashU.

Rejected (assuming), accepted, pending.

9 minutes ago, iheartdemocracy said:

Hi y'all! I've been lurking here for a few weeks and am finally claiming an acceptance to SUNY at Stony Brook! I graduated with my BA in Political Science and Psychology in December and am honestly pretty shocked at this acceptance. Full funding for five years!

Here's where I applied: OSU, SUNY @ SB, Washington State University, MIT, UMich, and WashU.

Rejected (assuming), accepted, pending.

Congrats! May I ask were you called for an interview before getting an acceptance? When did you receive your offer?

Edited by HolyGinger