2020-2021 Application Thread

Theory007

2 minutes ago, polisci_gal said:

I had a dream last night that I got rejected from BU. Lol. You know it’s bad when admission results start leaking into your subconscious .... ugh this cycle is taking over my life lol

Oh no! I feel like BU is causing a lot of stress this week because they usually have decisions out by now! I hope we hear very soon. I feel BU is the best for me, but I can't shake this feeling of dread. 

4 minutes ago, polisci_gal said:

I had a dream last night that I got rejected from BU. Lol. You know it’s bad when admission results start leaking into your subconscious .... ugh this cycle is taking over my life lol

Just now, tryingherbest said:

Oh no! I feel like BU is causing a lot of stress this week because they usually have decisions out by now! I hope we hear very soon. I feel BU is the best for me, but I can't shake this feeling of dread. 

I also had a dream about another university a week ago! Hahaha 

Good luck to both of you!! I hope you get positive news soon. I’m also waiting to hear back, but the fit isn’t the best for me so I’m okay either way. :) 

7 minutes ago, Barry B. Benson said:

I think I got that letter (OSU) on Friday. They didn't tell me anything I didn't know already (funding decisions depend on the Graduate School and will be released mid February), but it was nice hearing directly from the department.

Congrats on your admission! And oh, maybe I'm misunderstanding the first post. I interpreted the OG post as saying everyone else who has been admitted (including other subfields) will be notified on Monday. I'm thinking there will be another wave from most schools because I've only seen acceptances for IR and Comparative and nothing for American Politics or Political Theory, but I suppose anything is possible. 

Regardless, here I wait. ?

2 minutes ago, gradappsubmitter said:

Congrats on your admission! And oh, maybe I'm misunderstanding the first post. I interpreted the OG post as saying everyone else who has been admitted (including other subfields) will be notified on Monday. I'm thinking there will be another wave from most schools because I've only seen acceptances for IR and Comparative and nothing for American Politics or Political Theory, but I suppose anything is possible. 

Regardless, here I wait. ?

The OG post was intended for admitted students. I was admitted but haven't got an email from the department yet so I emailed the Academic Program Coordinator, they said that they would send an email by Monday. I still haven't received it, though.

me checking my email and refreshing the berkeley website every 20 mns:

giphy.gif

also me when the berkeley website doesn't load anymore on my laptop:

giphy.gif

it's a false alarm tho, it loaded on my phone ?

giphy.gif

GIVE ME STRENGTH THIS WEEK! ? Sending positive vibes to everyone~ ❤️

Edited by icemanyeo

Just now, diptyque said:

Seeing some Berkeley entries on the results page: trolls or someone claiming rejection/acceptance? 

Personally, I would not check the results page. I'm fine not knowing results unless people claim an admit here or on twitter because trying to figure out if they're real or fake is an unnecessary source of stress tbh.

Just now, icemanyeo said:

Personally, I would not check the results page. I'm fine not knowing results unless people claim an admit here or on twitter because trying to figure out if they're real or fake is an unnecessary source of stress tbh.

Yeah good point! I am gonna try to spend less mental resources on the results page.. ?

Just now, Politicaltheorybae said:

Lmao fam I registered 2 videos for myself, for admission and rejection. One where I congratulate myself and another where I comfort myself. Just like Michael in the office. This is how stressed out I am

I'm mentally prepared for the worst just in case it goes well. Saves me from heartache.

20 minutes ago, Politicaltheorybae said:

Lmao fam I recorded  2 videos for myself, for admission and rejection. One where I congratulate myself and another where I comfort myself. Just like Michael in the office. This is how stressed out I am

I’m literally laughing so hard. This gave me life today 

Just now, baby__yoda said:

“I think stats worked in my favor: high gpa and nearly perfect gre. Decent letters and decent sop. Published in 3 journals and some teaching experience”

LOL I read that too and was like "????????"

It's plausible that they're real, but I certainly hope that this particular comment is a joke. 

Edited by _nutella_