Fall 2021 Clinical/Counseling Interview Invites

justacigar

Hi guys! I have a quick question that I am hoping to get some more perspectives on...

I received an interview invite from a professor who primarily does neuroscience research. She also mentors clinical psych students, but her two current grad students are both in the neuroscience track. I applied to the clinical psych program. In her personal email, she said she's curious about my background and enthusiastic about the potential fit, which is very nice of her. I, however, have no background in neuroscience. I know fairly little about the brain and the neuroscience part of her research. The interview is in a month. Should I maybe do a crash course of neuroscience to get some basic information or just be transparent about my lack of knowledge in this field during my interview and focus all my time on learning more about her work (i guess during this process i would inevitably learn a few things about neuroscience).

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Does anyone know what this means??

“Thank you for your interest in our Educational Psychology PhD - Concentration in Counseling Psychology program in the School of Education at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Your application has been evaluated for completeness and we are pleased to inform you that it has been added to the pool to be considered for admission to the upcoming academic year.  The review process is now underway. Applicants invited for interviews will be notified by early January. Additional information about the program can be found in the on the program's website, found here: https://uwm.edu/education/academics/counseling-psychology/ “

Edited by baldpotter

24 minutes ago, baldpotter said:

Does anyone know what this means??

“Thank you for your interest in our Educational Psychology PhD - Concentration in Counseling Psychology program in the School of Education at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Your application has been evaluated for completeness and we are pleased to inform you that it has been added to the pool to be considered for admission to the upcoming academic year.  The review process is now underway. Applicants invited for interviews will be notified by early January. Additional information about the program can be found in the on the program's website, found here: https://uwm.edu/education/academics/counseling-psychology/ “

It means that your application has made it through the preliminary review process (usually meaning you've met minimum requirements), and you will hear back in the next few weeks if you're getting an interview. 

Welp this was a nice surprise to wake up to this morning! Best Christmas present ever! 

School: University of Missouri-St Louis

Type: PhD

Date of invite: 12/24

Type of invite: Email from Director

Interview date(s): 1/29 

POI: EG/RWN (I had to list two)

Merry Christmas for all who are celebrating!

I hope we all get in our top choices!

This came in yesterday for me:

Official Interview:

School: University of Iowa

Type: Clinical PhD

Date of invite: 12/24 (check your junk folders!)

Type of invite: email from POI

Interview dates: 2/5-2/6

DM for POI: yes