Welcome to the 2013-2014 Cycle

Cesare

Heartily fourthed! (Or fifthed?) I don't care if this is an emotionally difficult week, I will binge on raspberry hershey kisses and bourbon and watch romcoms to soothe the disappointment, but at least it'll be over! :D

This is the first week I really have a chance of any of my schools releasing any decision--and after all of my "come on schools, tell me something!!!" I am fully expecting to have damaged myself enough karma wise to get rejected everywhere. Ha! At least then I'll know.

Heartily fourthed! (Or fifthed?) I don't care if this is an emotionally difficult week, I will binge on raspberry hershey kisses and bourbon and watch romcoms to soothe the disappointment, but at least it'll be over! :D

Personally, I can't wait until Feb. 15 when all of the Valentine's Day candy and goodies will be half-priced. That way I can binge on emotionally soothing goods on my undergraduate budget. Truly a win-win situation.

This is the first week I really have a chance of any of my schools releasing any decision--and after all of my "come on schools, tell me something!!!" I am fully expecting to have damaged myself enough karma wise to get rejected everywhere. Ha! At least then I'll know.

I've only heard from one, and I'm still chomping at the bit waiting to get answers. I have now thoroughly convinced myself that I'm getting rejected everywhere and have started my spreadsheet for Fall 2015 applications. I'm not sure this is healthy. Chocolate, booze, and self-pity, however, are totally healthy!

Personally, I can't wait until Feb. 15 when all of the Valentine's Day candy and goodies will be half-priced. That way I can binge on emotionally soothing goods on my undergraduate budget. Truly a win-win situation.

Semi-annual Cheap Chocolate Day is something you don't stop celebrating, even long after the days of the undergraduate budget. It's a solid win for everyone! I might even indulge in a fancy chocolate sampler that doesn't have the gross buttercreams in it!

Semi-annual Cheap Chocolate Day is something you don't stop celebrating, even long after the days of the undergraduate budget. It's a solid win for everyone! I might even indulge in a fancy chocolate sampler that doesn't have the gross buttercreams in it!

Almost down votted you just for this.

Buttercream chocolates are my life.

Now, if only there were a karmic way to allocate the buttercreams to people (like you) who love them, and the nut-chocolates to people (like me) who are devoted to them. I expect I'd like buttercreams more if there hadn't been that traumatizing disappointment where I ate one expecting something radically different.

I expect I'd like buttercreams more if there hadn't been that traumatizing disappointment where I ate one expecting something radically different.

I had a similar experience with chocolate-covered cherries in my youth. You know, the ones that taste like cough syrup. It took a while to learn to trust again after that fiasco.

Now, if only there were a karmic way to allocate the buttercreams to people (like you) who love them, and the nut-chocolates to people (like me) who are devoted to them. I expect I'd like buttercreams more if there hadn't been that traumatizing disappointment where I ate one expecting something radically different.

See, isn't that interesting. I'm not a fun of chocolates with nuts in them. Maybe some creamy peanut butter, but not nuts themselves.

Are there any other post-IR/PS students that have not heard back from UCSD? I'm assuming I didn't get good news for a reason (other former IR/PSers did, I think), but I also haven't gotten my rejection yet! I know our apps are handled slightly different...

I like all of the above, but not on Valentine's day and especially not on this Valentine's day for both the obvious reason (the nerves from all of this) and for some other stuff, too. 

I like all of the above, but not on Valentine's day and especially not on this Valentine's day for both the obvious reason (the nerves from all of this) and for some other stuff, too. 

No, no, the chocolate is supposed to help with the nerves! Or so I keep telling myself.

Will anyone be so kind as to claim the American University (SIS) PhD in International Relations admittance?

Edit*: And congratulations of course!

Edited by IRTheoryNerd

So's mine, and I'm still just waiting! (But I expect it would be a little different if I got an acceptance. Congratulations again!)

Honestly, I feel like you can't win wrt productivity. While waiting, productivity's low cause you keep checking. Once you get a rejection, productivity is low cause you feel bad (and really, what's the point of graduating, if you don't have anything afterwards?^^). Once admitted, productivity is low, because you keep googling the city/program etc., trying to gather as much info as possible. Also, you might keep refreshing to see whether they admitted you by mistake... If you're still waiting, the cycle of low productivity continues!

Honestly, I feel like you can't win wrt productivity. While waiting, productivity's low cause you keep checking. Once you get a rejection, productivity is low cause you feel bad (and really, what's the point of graduating, if you don't have anything afterwards?^^). Once admitted, productivity is low, because you keep googling the city/program etc., trying to gather as much info as possible. Also, you might keep refreshing to see whether they admitted you by mistake... If you're still waiting, the cycle of low productivity continues!

To be honest, if I do get accepted anywhere...I'm not so worried about my productivity as much as finding a mic to drop in front of my boss and walking out.

Edit: I have a perfectly lovely job.

Edited by boazczoine