6 minutes ago, mchutchi said:

Wow. I had no idea they even dished that much out. Share your stats!?!? I'm just sitting here refreshing my email every second.

I'm freaking out....I didn't expect that at all and honestly just feel super overwhelmed lol.

11.68/12 Carleton undergrad, speak three languages (Eng/Fr/Span), development internships in Peru and Malawi, a few jobs on Parliament Hill. 

Hoping you hear something soon!!!!

8 minutes ago, mchutchi said:

Are these NPSIA offers rolling in via email like the unofficial offer did or are they just updating Carleton Central?

I got an email that my application had been approved and to check Carleton Central!

I'm annoyed with GSPIA taking their sweet time, and from the sound of it, Munk is as well lmao. I know they're really busy but I would even appreciate an unofficial, informal offer like the NPSIA emails from last night.

19 minutes ago, cshal said:

I'm freaking out....I didn't expect that at all and honestly just feel super overwhelmed lol.

11.68/12 Carleton undergrad, speak three languages (Eng/Fr/Span), development internships in Peru and Malawi, a few jobs on Parliament Hill. 

Hoping you hear something soon!!!!

That's fantastic - is that just internal or OGS + internal?

Edit - oops, I checked in a different place and see I got 28 as well.

Edited by sonsofeasterly

8 minutes ago, PoliticalNerd2017 said:

I'm annoyed with GSPIA taking their sweet time, and from the sound of it, Munk is as well lmao. I know they're really busy but I would even appreciate an unofficial, informal offer like the NPSIA emails from last night.

I would too! I'm freaking out!

2 minutes ago, sonsofeasterly said:

That's fantastic - is that just internal or OGS + internal?

Just internal (missed the OGS deadline), and thank you! This makes decision making way, way, way harder. I'll be super honest, LSE is where I really want to go because of the program, and they did offer me funding...but it is literally half of this (with the tuition basically twice as much). I'm super grateful but also way more stressed than I was this morning LOL.

5 minutes ago, cshal said:

Just internal (missed the OGS deadline), and thank you! This makes decision making way, way, way harder. I'll be super honest, LSE is where I really want to go because of the program, and they did offer me funding...but it is literally half of this (with the tuition basically twice as much). I'm super grateful but also way more stressed than I was this morning LOL.

What are the deadlines for you guys to accept or decline your NPSIA offers?

2 minutes ago, justapersonwhochangednames said:

What are the deadlines for you guys to accept or decline your NPSIA offers?

I believe 21 days

31 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

What were your statuses when you got the offer?

Mine progressed from "recommended for assessment" to "review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs" this morning, and I received the email to check portal around 4 pm. It happens quickly!

1 minute ago, YYCapplicant said:

Mine progressed from "recommended for assessment" to "review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs" this morning, and I received the email to check portal around 4 pm. It happens quickly!

Cool!! I hope mine comes tomorrow :) 

3 hours ago, NikMil said:

My specialization updated to "International Economic Policy," and the status is now "Review in Progress by department"

Maybe we'll see formal offers sooner than we thought.

Mine changed to 'International Economy Policy' as well.  My status is 'Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs'  though.

33 minutes ago, YYCapplicant said:

Where on Carleton Central do you see your offer?  I haven't received the e-mail to check yet but I'm curious.

7 hours ago, YYCapplicant said:

I received an email regarding my OGS status last Wednesday. The funding is run out of the department of grad studies rather than NPSIA itself - if you got accepted for OGS funding, there is a form that needs to be filled out and sent back to the office (contact person is Leslie Main) to ensure that you receive the funding if you decide to go to Carleton.

Edit: Also, I think that OGS is in addition to whatever NPSIA gives you! Not sure if there will be a cap on external funding or not.

Just for interests sake, now that you've got your offer from NPSIA can you tell if you can stack internal and external? I'm just curious with sshrc coming out at the end of the month. 

Did anyone else get an (unofficial) offer from NPSIA, but their status is stuck on 'Recommended for Assessment'? There is no updated on my specialization either. :unsure:

I'm constantly refreshing this forum to see if anyone had an update for Munk! I'm not sure what's worse, working on the applications or waiting for a response. 

4 minutes ago, pixiedustxo said:

Did anyone else get an (unofficial) offer from NPSIA, but their status is stuck on 'Recommended for Assessment'? There is no updated on my specialization either. :unsure:

I'm constantly refreshing this forum to see if anyone had an update for Munk! I'm not sure what's worse, working on the applications or waiting for a response. 

Yup! I got an unofficial offer from NPSIA last night and I'm still on recommended for assessment and no specialization. I'm sure tomorrow we will get something!

5 minutes ago, Hopeful2017 said:

Yup! I got an unofficial offer from NPSIA last night and I'm still on recommended for assessment and no specialization. I'm sure tomorrow we will get something!

Thanks! That makes me feel a little less worried lol 

In the Statement of Standing of Admission in the Carleton Central portal. You have to click on the accept/decline link and then it takes you to a few documents and its in there :) its not a pdf, it looks like everything else in Carleton central. It just shows ammounts and disbursement terms. 

1 minute ago, Duplified said:

In the Statement of Standing of Admission in the Carleton Central portal. You have to click on the accept/decline link and then it takes you to a few documents and its in there :) its not a pdf, it looks like everything else in Carleton central. It just shows ammounts and disbursement terms. 

Oh, ok, so since I haven't gotten the "official" email, just the one last night from Tabbatha, that isn't coming up? My status is still on recommended for assessment.

2 hours ago, EduardoR said:

Mine changed to 'International Economy Policy' as well.  My status is 'Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs'  though.

Mine also changed to Review in Progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs! Looks like our group should hear back soon :)