Fall 2017 Clinical Psychology Applicants

FacelessMage

1 hour ago, byn said:

A school I'm interviewing at just sent a MASS e-mail to all people interviewing showing everyone's names/e-mails.. :rolleyes: Should I be concerned? Should I not care? Is it wrong I feel a little uncomfortable other candidates have access to my name, my e-mail, and can google/search me? Eh..

Concerned about what exactly? Maybe it's me but, with all the stuff I have going on, the last thing I would have time to do is stalk a random person. 

Your crazy/stalker mileage may vary though, I suppose. 

2 hours ago, byn said:

A school I'm interviewing at just sent a MASS e-mail to all people interviewing showing everyone's names/e-mails.. :rolleyes: Should I be concerned? Should I not care? Is it wrong I feel a little uncomfortable other candidates have access to my name, my e-mail, and can google/search me? Eh..

Names AND emails?! That sounds like way too much personal information for my liking. I was shocked when one of my schools sent out a schedule with just our first and last names on it. The stalking has more than likely commenced.

4 hours ago, brightbluebirds said:

Has anyone heard from these schools:

• U of Missouri- Columbia
  • U of Houston
  • U of Oregon
  • U of Rochester

Houston's interview weekend is 2/9-2/10

15 minutes ago, byn said:

Aaaaaaaaand my views on Researchgate just randomly increased (LOL) I spoke too soon already :ph34r:. Oh man.

I don't know why but I find the entire 'looking up other applicants' thing pretty sad. I mean yes having achievements is going to help but there's more banking on an applicants personality and fit at this point. Why psyche yourself out by comparing?! But then again I remember some of the type As I interviewed with last time. It was hard getting them to have a non-academic conversation (talk about your freaking dog or the time you streaked in pre-k but stop talking about all the honor societies you're president of!)

6 minutes ago, 8BitJourney said:

I don't know why but I find the entire 'looking up other applicants' thing pretty sad. I mean yes having achievements is going to help but there's more banking on an applicants personality and fit at this point. Why psyche yourself out by comparing?! But then again I remember some of the type As I interviewed with last time. It was hard getting them to have a non-academic conversation (talk about your freaking dog or the time you streaked in pre-k but stop talking about all the honor societies you're president of!)

Agreed! The idea of stalking other applicants is really depressing to me. Like dude, relax, just be yourself and everything will fall into place. This isn't some secret ninja mission to bring down everyone around you and everyone is not your competition! Seriously, that kind of behavior is so odd to me and things are stressful enough in this process. What do you hope to learn about others online anyways, and what are you gonna do with that information lol?! They may actually be your future classmates/friends...

18 minutes ago, Slothanos15 said:

Agreed! The idea of stalking other applicants is really depressing to me. Like dude, relax, just be yourself and everything will fall into place. This isn't some secret ninja mission to bring down everyone around you and everyone is not your competition! Seriously, that kind of behavior is so odd to me and things are stressful enough in this process. What do you hope to learn about others online anyways, and what are you gonna do with that information lol?! They may actually be your future classmates/friends...

There is nothing wrong with looking. I personally don't bother with it, but I suppose I see no harm in checking out who else is applying to the same school? As you said, they can't do anything with the information so who cares if they look?

I assume that people might be too busy to check out information of other applicants? But still, sending mass email without keeping each applicant's information private might make people a bit uncomfortable.

1 hour ago, Happy_Green_Inchworm said:

Does anyone know how many people IUPUI (Indiana-University Purdue-University Indianapolis) usually invites to their interview day? It's one of my top schools and I'm wondering about my chances. 

No idea how many but the interview is today and tomorrow. I know that they have let people know about being waitlisted so if you haven't heard, it probably isn't great news :/

12 minutes ago, clinical sike said:

I got an email from UGA today (~2 weeks post-interviews) saying I'm an alternate. I'm wondering if anyone has an idea of how many alternates a faculty member might keep.. ?

If they are taking only 1 student, then they will work their way down the list starting at the person they offered admission and going down the wait list. You could inquire about your position as an alternate if you want.

Best of luck. 

1 hour ago, graybu said:

Interview / open house is one week away and I haven't heard back. Should I assume rejection or bother them via email for a decision?

Emailing does not take a long time, so I would suggest emailing. However, it is very likely that programs tend to extend interviews at least 1-2 weeks prior interviews.

2 hours ago, PNIplz said:

No idea how many but the interview is today and tomorrow. I know that they have let people know about being waitlisted so if you haven't heard, it probably isn't great news :/

Ooh I didn't know they had two interview sessions! Back in December I got invited to interview on 2/9-210. I wonder if all the PI's interview folks on both days? (I'm interviewing with MS) 

I assume you're interviewing--good luck! 

2 minutes ago, Happy_Green_Inchworm said:

Ooh I didn't know they had two interview sessions! Back in December I got invited to interview on 2/9-210. I wonder if all the PI's interview folks on both days? (I'm interviewing with MS) 

I assume you're interviewing--good luck! 

I was emailed in Dec too. I'm meeting with her tomorrow as part of interviews but she isn't my POI. Interesting because I didn't know this either. Good luck to you as well!

5 hours ago, clinical sike said:

I got an email from UGA today (~2 weeks post-interviews) saying I'm an alternate. I'm wondering if anyone has an idea of how many alternates a faculty member might keep.. ?

My POI at UGA just emailed me and explained the situation. I was told I'm a high alternate but they are not able to tell me where exactly I am on the waiting list. I got the feeling that they shortlist everyone they interviewed who's not given an offer. 

Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss it further. 

On 1/21/2017 at 1:17 PM, brainkween said:

Has anyone heard from CUNY- John Jay? I have been stalking the results page and so far nobody has posted anything from this year, but based on previous years it seems like the interview invites would have gone out by now...

Called their department a couple of days ago. They told me all interviews have gone out. So current interviewees would need to dropout of the process at this point to get an interview. 

53 minutes ago, justbreathe said:

Have any other UConn applicants not gotten either an interview offer or the email that got sent today, directing to the application with a rejection notice? I'm a bit confused here...

I saw that on the results page. I didn't receive an email of any sort. Tried to check the application page and there was nothing there either. Super confused as well 

4 minutes ago, WaitingWishing2017 said:

I saw that on the results page. I didn't receive an email of any sort. Tried to check the application page and there was nothing there either. Super confused as well 

I know UConn has a waitlist for interviews, but seeing as how they're next Wednesday and Friday, I'm just really not sure what's going on!

I received an invite to interview for Yeshiva University's Clinical Psychology (Health Emphasis) PhD program. The day is from 11:45am-3pm. They made no mention of lunch being part of this, so should I assume there is none? Or should I email and ask, if that's not weird? Does anyone else invited (or interviewed in the past) have more insight? Thanks! 

Does anyone know if the following schools are still sending out invitations for interviews? I'm only mildly freaking out :P

1. University of Montana
  2. Saint John's University
  3. University System of Ohio – Ohio University
  4. University of Texas System – Austin
  5. University of Wyoming 

Cheers!