2017-2018 Application Cycle

IR44

9 minutes ago, ArcierePrudente said:

Last night I dreamed I was admitted to Northwestern and I didn't even apply to Northwestern.

From this I draw two conclusions: Too many of you applied to Northwestern; and I spend way too much time on GradCafe. 

This is hilarious; last night I dreamed I was admitted to UC-Irvine and I didn't apply there.

2 hours ago, CandyCanes said:

Just checked my UCLA portal. No decision for me.

Same. No application status update when I checked: https://appstatus.grad.ucla.edu/account/AppStatus.aspx

Would expect more notices to go out tomorrow. Certain subfields might be done earlier than others. 

27 minutes ago, deutsch1997bw said:

I feel like we should have heard from Texas by now.

Got some info last week from someone in the department and was told that the committee usually meets end-Jan so hang tight, it should be very soon. I'm waiting too. 

Edited by polisciallday

10 minutes ago, bikakica said:

Same. No application status update when I checked: https://appstatus.grad.ucla.edu/account/AppStatus.aspx

Would expect more notices to go out tomorrow. Certain subfields might be done earlier than others. 

No update for me at that link either.

Congrats to everyone who got acceptances!!! 

No news from Northwestern as well, assuming rejection (though my hopeful heart keeps telling me I might be waitlisted haha).

Also, from what was mentioned by someone here and previous cycles, I expect Chicago's acceptances to be sent tomorrow or on Friday. 

The anxiety is really killing me this time; since last week it's been quite hard to focus on writing my thesis :(.

Anyway, let's see how it goes. 

4 hours ago, CandyCanes said:

Having a hard time creating a Onelink account, so I guess I'll just wait until the email comes before going through the hassle of calling IT.

You can set up the Onelink account here: https://accounts.oit.duke.edu/onelink-reg/register?barn=ONELINK_bfc37cb37996561d58bfe5468ac5578725e291b9 (should work for you as well - figured out how to do it digging around on the site before IT emailed it to me).  The clicked the link in the "Once you have registered..." line of the email they sent out originally and was able to log in with Onelink... only to find there wasn't a "view decision" button for me yet - better than a rejection I guess. 

3 hours ago, hs2011 said:

You can set up the Onelink account here: https://accounts.oit.duke.edu/onelink-reg/register?barn=ONELINK_bfc37cb37996561d58bfe5468ac5578725e291b9 (should work for you as well - figured out how to do it digging around on the site before IT emailed it to me).  The clicked the link in the "Once you have registered..." line of the email they sent out originally and was able to log in with Onelink... only to find there wasn't a "view decision" button for me yet - better than a rejection I guess. 

Did you have to do anything when they first sent you the Onelink email after you applied? I tried to click the link in mine from December, and it said it was expired.

2 hours ago, CambridgeHeismanLord said:

You guys shouldn't worry so much. I got my acceptance to Harvard near the end of February when I thought I had been rejected at that point. You never know what happens. Until you guys actually receive a letter that says, "Sorry," assume you're still in the game.

Absolutely agree. May I ask if you did receive anything from Harvard before you received the result? Thank you.