2017-2018 Application Cycle

IR44

3 minutes ago, audre.bored said:

@PoliSci-freak I got my Maryland decision around Valentine's day.  Have you checked the portal?

Yep nothing, emailed grad director two weeks ago and said to wait as they're making second rounds soon. Unlikely to go there but still want to have the option.

2 hours ago, PoliSci-freak said:

Is CUNY done releasing offers? What about Maryland? Some have been rejected. Didn't hear anything. Any insights would be appreciated.

Someone posted an acceptance from CUNY on the results page. I called last week and was told decisions would be out 1st week of March. Have you heard anything? I find it a bit odd that they announce so close to their visitation day on March 20...

27 minutes ago, csantamir said:

Someone posted an acceptance from CUNY on the results page. I called last week and was told decisions would be out 1st week of March. Have you heard anything? I find it a bit odd that they announce so close to their visitation day on March 20...

Heard nothing... If their visitation is Mar 20 I expect they have told all those admitted, then...

10 minutes ago, PoliSci-freak said:

Heard nothing... If their visitation is Mar 20 I expect they have told all those admitted, then...

Yup I guess so too. Pretty much struck out this cycle, so I'll forget about this whole PhD thing. Was a long shot anyway.

3 hours ago, Neo_Institutionalist said:

where have you decided to go instead?

Haven't decided, visiting Harvard, Stanford, Berkeley, and Princeton (maybe Columbia as well). But I didn't think Yale was as good of a fit (I'm American / methods).

Just now, redfive said:

Either! I haven't heard a peep. that said their site does say first two weeks of March. i'm just booking travel for visiting days now so it'd be good to have everything settled....

MAPSS is first week of April.  I assume PhD is some time else

Sorry I can't be more  helpful :(

18 hours ago, meteora said:

Anyone claiming the uiuc admit? It looks there is a movement on their waitlist. 

Yes!! I'm so excited! I received an unofficial acceptance 2 days ago and now waiting for my official letter. Best of luck to you

1 hour ago, Generic Username said:

My Columbia portal still just reads "Submitted."  Assuming a rejection at this point, but is anyone else still in that position?  

It's possible (even likely) that the holdup is because they are considering offering you admission to the MA program.

48 minutes ago, Fabri89 said:

Hello guys,

I've just received an offer of admission from John Hopkins SAIS for the MA, although without any mention of Financial Aid. Is there someone else who received an admission offer from them?

Hi, I am also in the same situation. I checked their website, and it says that there was a financial aid application deadline for February 15th. Do you know if we needed to submit it? I do not think I sent in such an application.

7 minutes ago, vikinggrad1 said:

Hi, I am also in the same situation. I checked their website, and it says that there was a financial aid application deadline for February 15th. Do you know if we needed to submit it? I do not think I sent in such an application.

I have just noticed they sent me a separate email about my Financial Aid status. Unfortunately, they have not been able to offer me a scholarship. 

1 hour ago, theprincessleia said:

Yes!! I'm so excited! I received an unofficial acceptance 2 days ago and now waiting for my official letter. Best of luck to you

I saw that posted in results and was hoping it was you that received the good news; congratulations! Best of luck to you!

2 hours ago, theprincessleia said:

Congrats! What is your subfield?