Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, vitorstardelli said:

Has anyone heard from Boston University's Epidemiology PhD program yet? I've seen two people posting interviews in the "results" section, but that's all so far...

I applied and haven't heard anything yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, boisdejasmin said:

I was checking my UMD application portal and my decision was posted on the 31st - in for PhD in Behavioral and Community Health! No email was sent to me yet though or any further contact from the Department.

Yay!!! So exciting!! Congratulations! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, boisdejasmin said:

I was checking my UMD application portal and my decision was posted on the 31st - in for PhD in Behavioral and Community Health! No email was sent to me yet though or any further contact from the Department.

Congrats!!! Odd that no e-mail was sent. Mine (Maternal and Child Health) still says Application under Departmental/Program review...It's under a different department though, Family Science.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2018 at 3:52 AM, xoxo123 said:

I saw from the survey results that someone got an acceptance from JHU International Health PhD program. Are decisions made this early on?!

I was wondering about that too! Did you apply to that department, or is this a general wondering? I interviewed there a couple weeks ago (and heard about my interview request in early Jan) -- so they do seem a bit ahead of schedule compared with some other programs. That department has four tracks; the track I applied to indicated decisions might be released this week, after the broader Intl Health admissions committee met (which was last week, I think?). I wonder if each track's admissions committee has its own timeline? I do know that other departments at Hopkins are on a totally different timeline, so it's hard to compare across depts. I'm getting a bit anxious as I had expected to hear something by now, but the week isn't technically over yet, so who knows! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, redroses310 said:

When I emailed the Academic Program Director, he said that they would be reviewing apps in December and January, and notifying people around mid-February. It is my understanding that some students are applied without interviews, but others are asked to interview for further review.

Thank you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone heard back from Hopkins' HPM Health Services Research Track (PhD)? Saw some HPM rejections in the grad cafe results, but not sure which track they pertained to. The admissions committee has me on the edge of my seat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, epi_2018 said:

Does anyone know if UNC interviews most of their potential applications before admission for the PhD in epidemiology program?

I was told by the department that interviews are not required, but are sometimes requested. I also applied to this program (I'm interested in cancer epi) and have yet to hear anything. It's a top choice for me so I'm getting very impatient! I hope we hear something soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jyu10491 said:

Anyone apply to Stanford for Health Policy? Or Yale for HPM?

I applied to Yale HPM, haven't heard anything from them.

Edited by hpm2018_1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, pharmah said:

Has anyone heard back from Hopkins' HPM Health Services Research Track (PhD)? Saw some HPM rejections in the grad cafe results, but not sure which track they pertained to. The admissions committee has me on the edge of my seat!

Nope, I haven't heard from JHU HPM HSR yet.. I did reach out to the prof. I was in touch with, he said emails are typically sent out by mid-Feb, but he isn't on the admissions committee so didn't have specifics. Looking at the survey results I'm thinking no reply is good news (so far!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2018 at 9:49 PM, yc2018 said:

Same here! I also have a degree in policy and got the invitation from NYU HPM yesterday.

I got an invite from NYU CGPH HPM yesterday too.. The email seemed pretty positive to me, but seems like they have called a lot of people and I know that the program accepts very few students! Fingers crossed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, hpm2018_1 said:

Nope, I haven't heard from JHU HPM HSR yet.. I did reach out to the prof. I was in touch with, he said emails are typically sent out by mid-Feb, but he isn't on the admissions committee so didn't have specifics. Looking at the survey results I'm thinking no reply is good news (so far!)

Thanks for the info. Yes, it seems they are still making decisions on the HSR  track. Was told there were 70 applicants this year, with only 3 positions available due to the limited number of training grants in the department. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, pharmah said:

Thanks for the info. Yes, it seems they are still making decisions on the HSR  track. Was told there were 70 applicants this year, with only 3 positions available due to the limited number of training grants in the department. 

wow that's not a good news.. What's the source of this info? Stats on the website say intake of 10-12 per dept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My status at JHU still remains “application sent for review” and I wasn’t contacted for interview either. Should I just assume a rejection? Was anybody accepted at JHU without an interview?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hpm2018_1 said:

My status at JHU still remains “application sent for review” and I wasn’t contacted for interview either. Should I just assume a rejection? Was anybody accepted at JHU without an interview?

 

You and @pharmah are talking about the health policy track right? I don't know about there process but I wouldn't jump to an assumed rejection just yet (possible to be on the waitlist). Other programs still have 1-2 weeks before they should hear back from JHU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, storm_jonas said:

You and @pharmah are talking about the health policy track right? I don't know about there process but I wouldn't jump to an assumed rejection just yet (possible to be on the waitlist). Other programs still have 1-2 weeks before they should hear back from JHU.

Yes, Health Policy and Management, HSR track!

thank you so much for your hopeful words :) but it does seem like a long shot to me now. I thought my application was competitive and had a really good response from a faculty member who agreed to work with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hpm2018_1 said:

My status at JHU still remains “application sent for review” and I wasn’t contacted for interview either. Should I just assume a rejection? Was anybody accepted at JHU without an interview?

 

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion just yet. If you look at years prior in the grad cafe results survey, some people didn't receive a waitlist response until later in February. Also, if you had a really positive talk with a professor that is a good sign.

Hang in there!!

Edited by pharmah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2018 at 8:45 PM, kma19 said:

I was wondering about that too! Did you apply to that department, or is this a general wondering? I interviewed there a couple weeks ago (and heard about my interview request in early Jan) -- so they do seem a bit ahead of schedule compared with some other programs. That department has four tracks; the track I applied to indicated decisions might be released this week, after the broader Intl Health admissions committee met (which was last week, I think?). I wonder if each track's admissions committee has its own timeline? I do know that other departments at Hopkins are on a totally different timeline, so it's hard to compare across depts. I'm getting a bit anxious as I had expected to hear something by now, but the week isn't technically over yet, so who knows! :)

Yes, I applied to the health systems track. I hope you are right in that every track has its own timeline! Otherwise the fact that I havent heard back is a bad sign! If you don't mind me asking, which track did you apply to?

 

Edited by xoxo123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2018 at 12:15 AM, kma19 said:

I was wondering about that too! Did you apply to that department, or is this a general wondering? I interviewed there a couple weeks ago (and heard about my interview request in early Jan) -- so they do seem a bit ahead of schedule compared with some other programs. That department has four tracks; the track I applied to indicated decisions might be released this week, after the broader Intl Health admissions committee met (which was last week, I think?). I wonder if each track's admissions committee has its own timeline? I do know that other departments at Hopkins are on a totally different timeline, so it's hard to compare across depts. I'm getting a bit anxious as I had expected to hear something by now, but the week isn't technically over yet, so who knows! :)

I'm in the same boat. During my interview in early Jan, I was told they would release decisions in the last week of Jan. Not having heard anything yet makes for some anxious waiting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those interested in JHU IH, I was accepted last week to the Nutrition track via email. Interviewed in early January with a professor in the Nutrition division and then mid January had a second interview with the head of the IH admissions committee. Last week, I received an email from my first interviewer informing me of my acceptance and that I should expect to receive an official letter with my financial package in 1 to 2 weeks. I am still waiting on the official letter, but my "mypath" portal status has changed to "accepted." Not sure if all the IH tracks have the same timeline (perhaps some tracks wait until a formal letter is ready). I hope this is helpful. Best of luck to everyone! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2018 at 10:57 AM, 00ber said:

I was told by the department that interviews are not required, but are sometimes requested. I also applied to this program (I'm interested in cancer epi) and have yet to hear anything. It's a top choice for me so I'm getting very impatient! I hope we hear something soon.

Same here! It's very nerve wracking. I saw some people had interviews in early January and haven't heard a word, so I was getting nervous. I'm really curious about how many people will be admitted without an interview (hopefully that's us)! Best of luck to you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jyu10491 said:

Do most programs fly you out on a funded visit once you're accepted? Anyone know about UCLA HPM? No details on funding, visit day, or being flown out yet.

I'm wondering the same for the same program. I got my funding package offer on Friday but looking for details about funding for the visit day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else still not hear from ANYWHERE for Epi? So far:

Rejection: Emory 

No word from: UNC Chapel Hill, UCLA, Berkeley, BU, Brown, JHU, Columbia

I'm starting to think this application cycle was a complete bust for me... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.