2 hours ago, ianmleavitt said:

Skype interview request just came through for the Social and Behavioral Sciences in Public Health program at George Washington University. 3 interviews over 5 days should prove fun!

Now just waiting to hear anything at all from UNC's Health Behavior program...

I got the second one from Harvard (neither of them are my POIs....) and the GWU invitation as well! But I didn't apply to UNC hhh.  Good luck!

4 hours ago, geneticepid2018 said:

Anybody applied JHU Epi PhD heard from them yet? I saw some interview request posted but I haven't heard any news.

The faculty just got their lists this week. The people at the top of their list will be invited over the next two week. I think everything has to be done by the end of the month so that the committee can get decisions out mid-feb. 

Edited by storm_jonas

11 minutes ago, storm_jonas said:

The faculty just got their lists this week. The people at the top of their list will be invited over the next two week. I think everything has to be done by the end of the month so that the committee can get decisions out mid-feb. 

Thanks  for sharing! So if I don't hear from them in the next 2 weeks then it's probably a No. Which track did you apply? Mine is genetic epi.

17 hours ago, epi_aspire said:

Has anyone who applied to the Harvard PHS PhD epi track received a second interview?

I interviewed for with one POI, but didn't receive a second interview request... I personally didn't think I did that well, so that might have been why. 

2 hours ago, pbcup said:

I interviewed for with one POI, but didn't receive a second interview request... I personally didn't think I did that well, so that might have been why. 

Don’t be too hard on yourself @pbcup! I also had only one interview for this track. Maybe this track isn’t doing more than one interview with each candidate. 

23 minutes ago, EpiNYC said:

Dare I admit, this has severely impacted my ability to work during the work week ?

Story of my life for the past month. My phone is dead by lunch time. 

19 hours ago, pbcup said:

16 hours ago, 00ber said:

Don’t be too hard on yourself @pbcup! I also had only one interview for this track. Maybe this track isn’t doing more than one interview with each candidate. 

I only had one interview for this track as well, so perhaps they are only conducting one per person. I also didn't think mine went well, but we will just have to wait and see!

2 hours ago, jyu10491 said:

Wish I hadn't stumbled on this forum. I was trying to ignore the decision process until I got decisions but now I keep checking.

I keep checking, too! My therapist said the advice he got when he applied for his PhD was to just try to forget you'd even applied. That's much easier said than done! Doesn't help that I've e-mailed the department head for one of the programs last week, and he hasn't gotten back to me... despite having told me when I talked to him a few months ago that interviews would be late Jan./early Feb. and that flat-out rejections would go out pretty early (before interview requests).

Anyone's honest thoughts on no interviews regarding admission? What might no contact at schools (since before app deadlines) such that I see have been contacting some of you imply on official word-- guaranteed wait-list? Or is it worse, in that it's impossible to know...? 

58 minutes ago, MarylandGirl said:

I keep checking, too! My therapist said the advice he got when he applied for his PhD was to just try to forget you'd even applied. That's much easier said than done! Doesn't help that I've e-mailed the department head for one of the programs last week, and he hasn't gotten back to me... despite having told me when I talked to him a few months ago that interviews would be late Jan./early Feb. and that flat-out rejections would go out pretty early (before interview requests).

At this point... I'm just gonna go with...we've been denied (at UMD).  :-( it sucks that no one has returned any of our emails. 

50 minutes ago, ceterisparibus9 said:

Anyone's honest thoughts on no interviews regarding admission? What might no contact at schools (since before app deadlines) such that I see have been contacting some of you imply on official word-- guaranteed wait-list? Or is it worse, in that it's impossible to know...? 

To answer your first question, the website for each program usually says if interviews are required for acceptance. From trends in the results page it seems that interviews happen more often than not but sometimes people are accepted without them (depending on the program of course).

I'm not entirely sure what your second question is- can you clarify?

Edited by west_k

53 minutes ago, west_k said:

To answer your first question, the website for each program usually says if interviews are required for acceptance. From trends in the results page it seems that interviews happen more often than not but sometimes people are accepted without them (depending on the program of course).

I'm not entirely sure what your second question is- can you clarify?

Thanks for the input. It appears that it's quite a mixed bag even within institutions whether or not they conduct them. One coordinator even said they go case-by-case. Ok well essentially to pin my second question down, I guess it would be: If no interview by now, given application to programs who've been documented here and elsewhere to have sent out invites for them, should that be viewed positively or negatively or is it still somehow too early to determine? 

I hope that clarifies my second question a bit. 

8 hours ago, Hongchao said:

When do the universities whose application deadlines are much later than others,for example, Pittsburgh, start interviewing?

Which program are you applying to? If you review the results page there doesn't seem to be much of a formula across their department. It looks like mostly rejections for PhDs until the first week of February when a few interviews are offered. But some people got accepted before the end of January without an interview. Others in February, also without an interview. Hard to say. You can always contact the department for more information. Good luck :)