40 minutes ago, west_k said:

Has anyone applied for FAFSA? I know there was debate earlier in the thread regarding whether or not doctoral students needed to apply. Did anyone figure that out?

Some scholarships require it.  And not to mention... If you've completed FAFSA in the recent years, in reality, it's not going to take that long to complete. So I would just do it. It's not going to do any harm imo

17 minutes ago, hccgrl said:

Some scholarships require it.  And not to mention... If you've completed FAFSA in the recent years, in reality, it's not going to take that long to complete. So I would just do it. It's not going to do any harm imo

thank you!!

18 hours ago, mph2015 said:

What kind of updates? I haven't sent any myself but I've noticed for some of the schools that don't use SOPHAS, you can update some documents on the application status page.

3 hours ago, oncearunner said:

I recently had an additional paper placed under review for peer-reviewed publication. I simply emailed the graduate admissions coordinator for the department with an email explaining the update. I attached a more formal letter to the committee stating the update (in my case, paper title, journal, etc) and also attached an updated version of my CV.

All of the individuals who I emailed were prompt in response and were able to add the updated information to my application package. It was very simple and none of the admissions coordinators seemed to mind.

I hope this helps.

Thanks guys! This is actually an update for an oral presentation, and given that I don't have an extensive publication history I thought it would be a little helpful. I haven't seen a lot of the portal being able to add additional documents, but I will definitely send an email. This is super helpful, thanks.

41 minutes ago, pbcup said:

I received an interview 2 weeks ago, but nothing after that...

Congrats!! I'm worried that I haven't made the interview cut as I haven't heard back... can I ask who you were interviewed by?

1 hour ago, epi_aspire said:

Has anyone heard anything from Columbia or BU Epi?

I didn't apply to Columbia, but I have yet to hear from BU epi (PhD). Also waiting to hear (interview or admission decision) from the following schools if others are interested: UNC, Brown, Harvard,  and Yale. I received rejections from both UW (2 weeks ago) and Hopkins (last week).

27 minutes ago, HIVEpiHopeful said:

I didn't apply to Columbia, but I have yet to hear from BU epi (PhD). Also waiting to hear (interview or admission decision) from the following schools if others are interested: UNC, Brown, Harvard,  and Yale. I received rejections from both UW (2 weeks ago) and Hopkins (last week).

Does anyone know what the story with UNC Epidemiology PhD track is? On the survey there's people saying they got asked to do interviews, but I was told they don't do interviews? 

7 minutes ago, nightstars said:

Does anyone know what the story with UNC Epidemiology PhD track is? On the survey there's people saying they got asked to do interviews, but I was told they don't do interviews? 

"Interviews are not required. However, they can be helpful to the admissions committee if you're in the area" (http://sph.unc.edu/application-steps/?program=epid-phd-r). I think the faculty that read your application can also reach out to you, but I'm pretty sure they only have an admitted student day and not an interview day (unless you set up a visit with them). 

4 hours ago, HIVEpiHopeful said:

Similarly, I have not heard from your list of un-notified school choices... I am contacting a couple of coordinators that I know decently, however. Anyone have a sort of protocol for going about this without sounding pushy?

5 hours ago, epi_aspire said:

Has anyone heard anything from Columbia or BU Epi?

Also hoping to hear back from Columbia.  I did a bit of digging into previous years' forums and it looks like in the past they have sent interview invitations in the first couple days of February, so I'm definitely crossing my fingers to hear soon!

I saw someone posted an acceptance for UCLA - Epi track on the results page...anyone else heard back? It was my top program in terms of research fit, but they have been radio silent with me :ph34r:

Edited by EpiNYC

22 hours ago, ceterisparibus9 said:

Similarly, I have not heard from your list of un-notified school choices... I am contacting a couple of coordinators that I know decently, however. Anyone have a sort of protocol for going about this without sounding pushy?

Please let us know what you hear back, and I don't think simply asking is too pushy.

1 hour ago, HIVEpiHopeful said:

Please let us know what you hear back, and I don't think simply asking is too pushy.

I agree.  I feel like they should tell us sooner.  For a lot of us, it's a big deal and relocating isnt exactly easy. Specially when it's for the next 3-5 years.  

Edited by hccgrl

1 hour ago, EpiNYC said:

Nope! Also waiting to hear back. From what I remember they usually send out invites in the first week of February. 

Looks like there have been a few rejections posted on the survey...

Looks like they provided some details about not receiving an interview.

Edited by storm_jonas

23 minutes ago, storm_jonas said:

Looks like there have been a few rejections posted on the survey...

Looks like they provided some details about not receiving an interview.

I saw that but it was for NYU Sackler, which is the program through NYU the hospital. I applied to the program through NYU’s College of Global Public Health. 

11 hours ago, jyu10491 said:

Anyone hear back from Berkeley Health Policy, Michigan HSOP, or Stanford Health Policy?

Hi, I also applied to Michigan HSOP program. On the website(https://sph.umich.edu/hmp/programs/phd.html), they said, "Admitted applicants are typically notified about their admission in February." And that is the case according to last few year's results. So maybe we could just keep waiting. Finger crossed.