9 minutes ago, light10491 said:

Compared to last week looks like we're hearing a lot fewer decisions this week, but it's a Thursday so maybe today or tomorrow.

I heard once that's there's a preference for Friday's. I guess having the weekend is nice for good or bad news? I really hope we hear this week! This has not bee a productive work week.

9 minutes ago, FrozenFreshMeat said:

Ahhhhhhh got accepted by USC's population, health and place program without interview!!! ???

Really great data point (and great for you)! Good to know which programs don't "actually" require an interview even if some people might get them.

1 hour ago, redroses310 said:

Congrats!!! May I ask if you heard from your POI or the program director??

Thank you! I received an official email which includes a letter from the program director. Other than that, I have no idea who would be my mentor but guess I will figure it out soon…I did write in my SOP that who I want to work with. 

Also I didnt email any professor there pre/post application?? this is beyond imagination??? I am really excited!

Edited by FrozenFreshMeat

1 hour ago, FrozenFreshMeat said:

Thank you! I received an official email which includes a letter from the program director. Other than that, I have no idea who would be my mentor but guess I will figure it out soon…I did write in my SOP that who I want to work with. 

Also I didnt email any professor there pre/post application?? this is beyond imagination??? I am really excited!

Hi, is this for PhD program or Master's. If it's PhD this too gives me hope because Harvard and Columbia have been totally radio silent. Whyyy???!!!

4 minutes ago, B_behavioral_11 said:

Hi, is this for PhD program or Master's. If it's PhD this too gives me hope because Harvard and Columbia have been totally radio silent. Whyyy???!!!

Aha forgot to add. It's PhD program for sure?

Haven't heard any back from Columbia (environmental health) as well?

22 hours ago, HIVEpiHopeful said:

Anyone talk to or hear from UNC's epi PhD program recently?

@HIVEpiHopeful I sent out a barrage of emails to coordinators, and from UNC Epi received: "Thank you for reaching out.  Some of the program areas conduct Skype or phone interviews with applicants, but not all do.   I can tell you that we are still in the midst of reviewing applications and making admission decisions.  We enter decisions as they are made, but many program areas wait to make some of their decisions until they have had a chance to review the entire pool of applicants.  We strive to all admissions decisions entered by March 1st and I foresee no reason why that would not be the case this year." [note that  I am applying for Chronic/CVD epi so infectious may be different]

Cheers to agonizing for many more days together!

3 minutes ago, storm_jonas said:

I was hoping for more updates today...

Me too! I've been agonizing over my emails all day (to the detriment of my productivity!). I thought folks might be more likely to send updates on a Friday. Guess I'll be doing some follow-up on Monday. Ugh...

8 minutes ago, B_behavioral_11 said:

Honestly, I have come to terms that though some schools have released decisions here and there that I will not hear from the majority of my programs until week of Feb 19th and even into the following week. I have only heard back from 2/7 PhD programs: UMD and JHU

Are you the data point for JHU today? Someone posted about being asked if they were interested in a ScM

16 minutes ago, B_behavioral_11 said:

Honestly, I have come to terms that though some schools have released decisions here and there that I will not hear from the majority of my programs until week of Feb 19th and even into the following week. I have only heard back from 2/7 PhD programs: UMD and JHU

Which department at UMD?

On 2018-01-16 at 12:16 PM, 00ber said:

I was told by the Epi department that final decisions are made after the Skype interviews and that we will hear back sometime in the second or third week of February. 

Good luck!!

Hey, sorry I never replied. Thanks a bunch, that's when I figured they would get back to us!

Has anyone else applied to USC’s Population, Health and Place program and heard back yet? I emailed Graduate Admissions to confirm they received a foreign transcript and they said they were still reviewing my application, but I know they’ve started sending acceptances. I’m trying to decipher whether that means they’re sending decisions as they review applications or whether I should be expecting an interview and/or rejection. -_-

Did anyone else apply to UW’s metrics and implementation science global health PhD? It’s the last one I’m waiting to hear from and inevitably my #1 choice ?.

(if interest for data points: accepted at Pitt epi, UW epi, UGA Epi, Tulane global biostatistics; rejected by emory Epi) 

Edited by eeeeerin89