2 hours ago, Acf09 said:

Can the person who posted the Harvard Health Policy say what track you interview for?

thanks !

I’m interested to find that out too. Harvard health policy is the only one that has radio silence for me, rest everyone has informally or formally communicated.

i even emailed them twice but there has been no response. I applied for the decision sciences track and haven’t seen any postings for that - wondering what silence means and if I should stop anticipating anything and move on ? ughh if only they would say something.. 

anyone else on the same boat?

7 minutes ago, hpm2018_1 said:

I’m interested to find that out too. Harvard health policy is the only one that has radio silence for me, rest everyone has informally or formally communicated.

i even emailed them twice but there has been no response. I applied for the decision sciences track and haven’t seen any postings for that - wondering what silence means and if I should stop anticipating anything and move on ? ughh if only they would say something.. 

Hi, just a heads up - I applied last year, I'm now a first year at Hopkins, and I popped into this thread to see what new admits are talking about.  I applied to Harvard both GHP in PHS and Decision Sciences in HPM.  I got the PHS rejection on Feb 24 and the HPM rejection on March 3.  I think acceptances found out a day or two before those dates.  So you might have longer to wait.  Hope that helps!  

Edited by T7879

21 minutes ago, hpm2018_1 said:

I applied for the decision sciences track and haven’t seen any postings for that - wondering what silence means and if I should stop anticipating anything and move on ? ughh if only they would say something.. 

If they were experts in their field- you'd have thought they'd make the decisions a bit quicker! :D

20 minutes ago, DrPHtobe said:

If they were experts in their field- you'd have thought they'd make the decisions a bit quicker! :D

LOL! I wonder if anyone else is in the same boat! I've applied to 7 programs, and have only heard back from 2, both with a rejection.... :blink: looking into 'contingency' plans

48 minutes ago, mph2015 said:

Check your spam folders! I was sent an e-mail on Monday from UNC stating that a decision had been made and for some reason it ended up in spam. 

This same exact thing happened to me for UNC!

20 hours ago, epi_aspire said:

Thanks! Do you happen to know how many people they accepted or how many they have accepted in the past?

Not sure how may people they will ultimately give offers to (i.e. off the waitlist) but I think around 15-16 offers have been made.

13 hours ago, hpm2018_1 said:

Yes, I too emailed them for a different track. Harvard is being really coy. I think decisions wont come out from them till around Feb 23rd. blegh 

14 minutes ago, B_behavioral_11 said:

Yes, I too emailed them for a different track. Harvard is being really coy. I think decisions wont come out from them till around Feb 23rd. blegh 

I emailed with the Epi contact at Harvard, asking another question. She did mention decisions are to be going out the third week of February. 

31 minutes ago, EpiNYC said:

I emailed with the Epi contact at Harvard, asking another question. She did mention decisions are to be going out the third week of February. 

23 minutes ago, FrozenFreshMeat said:

Just to add that I believe HSPH sending acceptance a few days before rejection. So by the time if I find others posting while nothing in my mailbox…?

Yes, it looks like last year they sent out acceptances and wait-lists on Wednesday and rejections on Friday. Here's to hoping we hear next Wednesday!

Edited by epi_aspire

1 hour ago, epi_aspire said:

Yes, it looks like last year they sent out acceptances and wait-lists on Wednesday and rejections on Friday. Here's to hoping we hear next Wednesday!

The intensity at which we are stalking dates and seeking patterns to understand the chaotic admissions process truly represents the nerds we are. Good luck everyone! 

On 2/9/2018 at 9:15 PM, eeeeerin89 said:

Did anyone else apply to UW’s metrics and implementation science global health PhD? It’s the last one I’m waiting to hear from and inevitably my #1 choice ?.

(if interest for data points: accepted at Pitt epi, UW epi, UGA Epi, Tulane global biostatistics; rejected by emory Epi) 

Hi! I've been stalking y'all for a while now so I apologize that you didn't get my background!

For the record: Accepted at UAB and Drexel, rejected at UW and Emory, waiting from basically everywhere else.

Question for eeeeerin89 (and all other UGA applicants to the epi program): when did you hear back? I've been waiting in no mans land for months at this point, and my funding offers at other schools (i.e. UAB and Drexel) expire at the end of the month. Did you receive funding/contact potential advisors prior to your acceptance?

Also CONGRATULATIONS to all of those who've gotten acceptances, and for those of you that haven't, don't lose the faith! There is still plenty of time left.

4 hours ago, B_behavioral_11 said:

The intensity at which we are stalking dates and seeking patterns to understand the chaotic admissions process truly represents the nerds we are. Good luck everyone! 

Lol! Part of me wants to figure out if or how we can get an API for the results page and have all the data downloaded to STATA. :D

14 minutes ago, hccgrl said:

Those of you that have gone to in person interviews, how far in advance were you given notice for it? 

I had my in-person interviews at WashU for their Public Health Sciences program last week. They sent out the initial email on January 13th, so it was about a month in advance. That's seemingly a large amount of time though, compared to what I've seen/heard of other programs. 

15 hours ago, epi_phd2018 said:

Hi! I've been stalking y'all for a while now so I apologize that you didn't get my background!

For the record: Accepted at UAB and Drexel, rejected at UW and Emory, waiting from basically everywhere else.

Question for eeeeerin89 (and all other UGA applicants to the epi program): when did you hear back? I've been waiting in no mans land for months at this point, and my funding offers at other schools (i.e. UAB and Drexel) expire at the end of the month. Did you receive funding/contact potential advisors prior to your acceptance?

Also CONGRATULATIONS to all of those who've gotten acceptances, and for those of you that haven't, don't lose the faith! There is still plenty of time left.

@epi_phd2018 I was notified informally about my acceptance at UGA in part because they’re hoping to submit me for a university-wide scholarship. I believe those are decided in the next few days and the department will have a better idea of funding for the entire department after those external scholarships have been allocated. But I don’t have anything in my grad status profile yet, but I think “formal”  decisions should be coming soon? (That’s just my read of the situation though!) Best of luck and congrats on UAB and Drexel! 

20 minutes ago, hccgrl said:

Those of you that have gone to in person interviews, how far in advance were you given notice for it? 

I had a Skype interview and the interviewer gave me two or three options for interview dates/times that ranged from a few days to a week in advance. 

17 minutes ago, geneticepid2018 said:

Guys, check your UNC portal - my admission decision was there but I didn't receive an email.

I checked my spam and the portal since it seems like this has happened to quite a few people. My status still says "submitted" ahhh. The wait is agonizing! 

5 minutes ago, Chengjianning said:

Hi, geneticepid2018. Where is UNC portal? I have never received an email for creating a portal.

If you'd applied for UNC, by portal I meant the website where you check your application status. You don't need to create a portal. Hope this helps!