1 hour ago, linnbear said:

I checked my spam and the portal since it seems like this has happened to quite a few people. My status still says "submitted" ahhh. The wait is agonizing! 

I've been checking a fair amount this past week and still have the "submitted" status as well...

9 minutes ago, emjayco said:

Was just denied from John Hopkins Health Behavior and Society. No email yet, just in the portal. At least I know.

Same here!  Thanks for the heads up (I have been checking practically on the hour).  Disappointing but it was definitely a reach!

3 minutes ago, Pennk said:

Same here!  Thanks for the heads up (I have been checking practically on the hour).  Disappointing but it was definitely a reach!

I know. I was really beginning to resent that poor smiling student who thought she was just posing for promotional pictures and they put her on the WORST PAGE EVER. Poor lady.

7 minutes ago, emjayco said:

I know. I was really beginning to resent that poor smiling student who thought she was just posing for promotional pictures and they put her on the WORST PAGE EVER. Poor lady.

Haha - I thought that too!

14 minutes ago, emjayco said:

Definite silver lining lol!!!!  Best of luck with the rest of your apps.  Let us all pray this agonizing journey ends soon!

11 hours ago, eeeeerin89 said:

@epi_phd2018 I was notified informally about my acceptance at UGA in part because they’re hoping to submit me for a university-wide scholarship. I believe those are decided in the next few days and the department will have a better idea of funding for the entire department after those external scholarships have been allocated. But I don’t have anything in my grad status profile yet, but I think “formal”  decisions should be coming soon? (That’s just my read of the situation though!) Best of luck and congrats on UAB and Drexel! 

eeeeerin89: Thank you so much! I emailed the program coordinator and I got a response that they would definitely release decisions by the end of March, but I hope your read of the situation was more accurate! Congratulations on all your acceptances!!

7 hours ago, pkv said:

Thanks for the heads up, guys! Confirming also that JHU decisions are up on the portal, without any email sent.

Luckily, I was accepted to HBS. Still no information on funding, so I don't know if I'll accept. 

Good luck everybody.

Congrats!  Is your interview with Columbia for Sociomedical Sciences or a different program?  If it is sociomedical sciences, which sub-field did you apply under and when did you get invited to interview?

3 hours ago, Pennk said:

Congrats!  Is your interview with Columbia for Sociomedical Sciences or a different program?  If it is sociomedical sciences, which sub-field did you apply under and when did you get invited to interview?

I applied to SMS/Sociology and talked on the phone with POI at the end of January.

11 hours ago, Pennk said:

Thanks for the info!  That is what I applied under and I am assuming radio silence on my end can only mean one thing....

I don't know, actually. I haven't heard anything since, so who knows...

On 2018/2/14 at 11:59 AM, courtnord said:

I applied to the Mental Health program and spoke with a faculty member over the phone about 2-3 weeks ago. It was a general conversation about my research interests and their program structure. I haven't heard anything since then so I assume they are still processing their applicants! 

Thanks a lot!

I was wondering if they accept new students without interviews. Their website said: "Is an interview required? No, not unless further info is needed to ascertain the applicant's interest or knowledge level." (https://www.jhsph.edu/departments/mental-health/prospective-students-and-fellows/application-information/)

51 minutes ago, west_k said:

For those accepted to Upitt- the accepted students day registration email went to my spam so heads up to check there! Hopefully I'll be meeting some of you soon :) 

I was accepted to UPitt last Friday, and I haven't received the registration email yet. BTW, did you receive your official offer letter (I mean the post mail)? I wonder if they mentioned anything about the funding.

21 minutes ago, NFighter said:

I was accepted to UPitt last Friday, and I haven't received the registration email yet. BTW, did you receive your official offer letter (I mean the post mail)? I wonder if they mentioned anything about the funding.

Hey- congrats! What program? 

I got an unofficial acceptance a few days after I interviewed, the formal email on Friday at 3:55 PM, and the registration to my gmail "promotions" at 10:20 AM. Once I registered for accepted students day I started getting a bunch of emails.

I haven't gotten the formal letter yet. My impression is that it doesn't include information about funding. Funding is not determined until after you accept. There's a flow chart on their website. It does include your initial faculty match, which I'm dying to know. I figure it'll come tomorrow. 

21 minutes ago, NFighter said:

I don't know which department you were accepted. I was accepted into UPitt EPI PhD in Jan, and received the mail admission a week later. In the mail, no funding information was mentioned. 

I called EPI administrator, and she told me POI will contact you if they have interest in you. Otherwise, find your own funding from other sources. I asked the average proportion of being funded in EPI department. She told me around 50% each year when they were admitted.

4 minutes ago, Chengjianning said:

I don't know which department you were accepted. I was accepted into UPitt EPI PhD in Jan, and received the mail admission a week later. In the mail, no funding information was mentioned. 

I called EPI administrator, and she told me POI will contact you if they have interest in you. Otherwise, find your own funding from other sources. I asked the average proportion of being funded in EPI department. She told me around 50% each year when they were admitted.

25 minutes ago, NFighter said:

During my interview with Behavioral and Community Health Sciences they stated that they fund their students for at least the first two years. I'm sure the letter will say that's not guaranteed, but she did seem confident students in this program will be funded for at least those years. 

21 minutes ago, west_k said:

Hey- congrats! What program? 

I got an unofficial acceptance a few days after I interviewed, the formal email on Friday at 3:55 PM, and the registration to my gmail "promotions" at 10:20 AM. Once I registered for accepted students day I started getting a bunch of emails.

I haven't gotten the formal letter yet. My impression is that it doesn't include information about funding. Funding is not determined until after you accept. There's a flow chart on their website. It does include your initial faculty match, which I'm dying to know. I figure it'll come tomorrow. 

I was accepted to the Epi program. Could you post the link of the flow chart?

20 minutes ago, Chengjianning said:

Thank you for your info! I was also accepted by the epi dept without interviews. It seems like I was unable to secure any funding since nobody contact me so far.

Have you ever contacted your POI mentioned in the SOP after acceptance? I wonder if it would be helpful to "secure" the funding before accepting the program.

Edited by NFighter

6 minutes ago, NFighter said:

Thank you for your info! I was also accepted by the epi dept without interviews. It seems like I was unable to secure any funding since nobody contact me so far.

Hi- Sorry it was only  for BCHS 

https://www.publichealth.pitt.edu/Portals/0/BCHS/Forms & Manuals/DrPH-PhD_Manual_Dec_17_2014jtmf edits.pdf (in the appendices)

6 minutes ago, west_k said:

Thank you so much! I think work flow is similar in Epi Dept since the website stated "Generally, GSR appointment offers cannot be guaranteed before the April 15th decision deadline".

16 minutes ago, NFighter said:

Have you ever contacted your POI mentioned in the SOP after acceptance? I wonder if it would be helpful to "secure" the funding before accepting the program.

When I was admitted into UPitt, I contacted some POI, but none of them replied. I think I will decline it since I have other offers already.