I had my interview with UMD's Behavioral and Community Health department yesterday - they were so kind. Since I was pulled from the MPH program, we spent a lot more time talking about what would be best for me than other folks will, but overall it was a conversation focused on helping me than a typical interview. Good luck everyone! 

6 minutes ago, boisdejasmin said:

I had my interview with UMD's Behavioral and Community Health department yesterday - they were so kind. Since I was pulled from the MPH program, we spent a lot more time talking about what would be best for me than other folks will, but overall it was a conversation focused on helping me than a typical interview. Good luck everyone! 

Are you going to accept it?

43 minutes ago, pkv said:

Yesterday, I received an invitation for a 30-minute phone/Skype interview for the SBS/PHS program at Harvard.

A buddy of mine who applied to the same program was also invited yesterday. 

Good luck! 

47 minutes ago, Rasb91 said:

Any applicants to the Ph.D. in Epi at UCLA? Any news regarding admissions?

I did! And I have heard nothing. Tbh it’s probably my top choice given the potential mentor I identified is doing work very similar to what I want to do!! So the anticipation is kill me. 

1 hour ago, boisdejasmin said:

If they accept me, definitely. The focus they put on students/building community is just what I need.

That's so exciting!! Congrats!!! You're definitely getting accepted!

35 minutes ago, EpiNYC said:

I did! And I have heard nothing. Tbh it’s probably my top choice given the potential mentor I identified is doing work very similar to what I want to do!! So the anticipation is kill me. 

I haven't heard anything either besides emails asking me if I filled out the UCLA application too (which I did). I forwarded the receipts I got and was told all was well. Then I got another email saying they still couldn't find it.... and then another email saying they found it again. 

40 minutes ago, linnbear said:

I haven't heard anything either besides emails asking me if I filled out the UCLA application too (which I did). I forwarded the receipts I got and was told all was well. Then I got another email saying they still couldn't find it.... and then another email saying they found it again. 

I applied to UCLA Health Policy and haven't heard anything yet. The surveys website says people heard back around 1/31 last year...eeek! Good luck to you guys!

59 minutes ago, linnbear said:

It seems like a lot of people have already heard back from UNC Epi for interview requests and some even have acceptances. UNC was my first choice and I haven't heard anything. I'm assuming it' a no go for me. :(

Hi @linnbear - as others have said don't give up just yet. UNC seems to cycle their application through your listed POIs, so it's possible that it's just taking longer because of someone you listed being busy. Don't forget that there's also the waitlist! Historically there have been some late acceptances in March. Otherwise, hope people put in data points so that you can asses your application and try to address limitations in case you opt for another attempt.

3 hours ago, pkv said:

Yesterday, I received an invitation for a 30-minute phone/Skype interview for the SBS/PHS program at Harvard.

A buddy of mine who applied to the same program was also invited yesterday. 

Just received the invitation myself for a Skype interview over the next two weeks for Harvard's PHS program, concentrated in Social and Behavioral Sciences. Already had a half hour phone discussion back in November with my POI, so looking to expand on that more!

Good luck to you!

Edited by ianmleavitt

just got off a 15 minute skype interview with UNC Health Behavior. Figured I'd put the interview questions out there for anyone who is going to interview or is curious what is asked:

1. what are your research interests?

2. what are you interested in learning in the program?

3. what do you think you will find challenging about pursuing a PhD?

4. Is there a particular methodology you would like to learn?

That's all! 15 minutes is short 

Good luck to all those interviewing! We'll find our place :)

22 minutes ago, west_k said:

just got off a 15 minute skype interview with UNC Health Behavior. Figured I'd put the interview questions out there for anyone who is going to interview or is curious what is asked:

1. what are your research interests?

2. what are you interested in learning in the program?

3. what do you think you will find challenging about pursuing a PhD?

4. Is there a particular methodology you would like to learn?

That's all! 15 minutes is short 

Good luck to all those interviewing! We'll find our place :)

This is gold! Thanks!!

I didn't apply there, but great to know!

3 hours ago, storm_jonas said:

For those getting interviews at JHU - anyone hear from a track besides the Aging datapoint already on the survey?

Looks like I posted a few hours early. Heard back from the clinical epidemiology track about an interview :)

On 1/17/2018 at 5:16 AM, 00ber said:

I was told by the Epi department that final decisions are made after the Skype interviews and that we will hear back sometime in the second or third week of February. 

Good luck!!

Hi! do you know if Harvard PHS cancer epi and cancer prevention concentration has sent out invites for interview??

40 minutes ago, west_k said:

General question for those who've interviewed- Are you following up with thank you emails or snail mail cards? I've done emails for jobs in the past but the extra consideration of sending a card might look really good. Thoughts?

I always do- reasoning is that it takes about one minute of my time to write it and someone might really appreciate it. Nobody is going to be offended if you send a thank you card, and it may even give you a little extra 'boost'

8 hours ago, Louie21 said:

Hi! do you know if Harvard PHS cancer epi and cancer prevention concentration has sent out invites for interview??

I applied to the Harvard PHS cancer epi and cancer prevention concentration and I had a Skype interview. I have no idea whether all interview invitations have been sent out or whether all applicants they are planning to admit will be interviewed. 

Good luck!!

Edited by 00ber