Shellacked again...

in keeping with our UChicago theme, did anyone get an email about applying to the Foreign Language Area Studies (FLAS) academic-year and/or summer fellowship?? i didn't get this last year. 

I just got an email from Saint Louis University with the subject "Graduate Admissions Update". If you applied early, by December 15th, they would let you know by January 15th! Expecting to find an decision, I opened the email to see that they had inclement weather and had to push back the adcom meeting. Now they will be letting early decision people know by the 25th. Inclement Weather Shellacked!

I was just jolted out of my late-afternoon dip by an email from Harvard GSAS asking me to submit additional information. Turns out they wanted me to fill out a form regarding foreign language study (I'm applying to Comp Lit). I'm pretty sure I already provided that info in the application...

7 minutes ago, FiguresIII said:

I was just jolted out of my late-afternoon dip by an email from Harvard GSAS asking me to submit additional information. Turns out they wanted me to fill out a form regarding foreign language study (I'm applying to Comp Lit). I'm pretty sure I already provided that info in the application...

I was just spending time in the history thread and a bunch of them got the same email.

i got this email, too. and i'm not in comp lit (or history)? lol

edit: and i filled out the form without including old english because i'm an idiot........

Edited by mandelbulb

• 2 weeks later...

Every time I check my Vanderbilt application status there is a message at the top that begins "We are very pleased you have applied to Vanderbilt University..." and the "We are very pleased part" ALWAYS throws me off into thinking for a split second that I am being accepted.  UGH.

19 minutes ago, Bopie5 said:

Came out of class today with 12 new unread emails! Was certain one of them was going to be from Northwestern, but alas...shellacked again.

Woke up to four emails (I rarely get email now that I'm out of school), thought I'd finally gotten some news...and they were all confirmations that I'd successfully unsubscribed from junk email I keep getting and losing my mind over.

Cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool.

Just now, kendalldinniene said:

Woke up to four emails (I rarely get email now that I'm out of school), thought I'd finally gotten some news...and they were all confirmations that I'd successfully unsubscribed from junk email I keep getting and losing my mind over.

Cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool.

Do you watch Brooklyn 9-9? I definitely heard your "Cool, cool, cool" in Andy Samberg's voice haha!

32 minutes ago, placeinspace said:

When organizations send fundraising emails with the name of someone you don't know as the subject line so you think it's from a DGS but IT'S NOT!!!

28 minutes ago, jadeisokay said:

email header said office of admissions but it's for an open house at a program i ended up not applying to. sigh.

I Knowwww! That brief second  ... DAMN! 

2 hours ago, swarthmawr said:

This CUNY email was sent to people who didn’t apply, right? I’m shellacking myself. 

Last year, we received invitations to apply to their Math Program! I don't think many of us would be accepted, but we'd diversify the majors in the program.