2019 Applicants

Just now, illcounsel said:

Maybe they can use our $100 to buy spell check software? ( I swear I don't want to be all salty but its just very amusing).

Right? I'm just a little salty but mostly amused. 

Maybe "pleaseure" is a new word meaning it's very much not been a pleasure? Like, "please(don't apply again)-ure"? 

1 minute ago, illcounsel said:

Maybe they can use our $100 to buy spell check software? ( I swear I don't want to be all salty but its just very amusing).

The fact that every year there are problems with their process of rejections makes me feel a lot better that I was rejected lol 

Just now, cassidyaxx said:

The fact that every year there are problems with their process of rejections makes me feel a lot better that I was rejected lol 

I know! I just looked back and saw all the issues last year. Seems wild that they continually mess up a form email letter?

That brings a close to my admissions season. Feeling very lucky to have received acceptances to 5 MA programs. I'm so excited to buckle down and crush the next few years and apply to PhD programs in the future. Now if I can just figure out what school to go to !!!!!!!

3 hours ago, CaffeineCardigan said:

Right? I'm just a little salty but mostly amused. 

Maybe "pleaseure" is a new word meaning it's very much not been a pleasure? Like, "please(don't apply again)-ure"? 

Hahaha, I didn’t even see that error until y’all mentioned it. I kinda stopped reading after seeing the comically small font my name was in that didn’t match the body of the email (classy) and “regret”. However now I’m reading “pleaseure” (which my phone wants to change to “please uterus”) like some creep in an animated movie says “treasure”: playyyyyyyyyzure.

What a great morning.

1 hour ago, kendalldinniene said:

like some creep in an animated movie says “treasure”: playyyyyyyyyzure

Also, @kendalldinniene, like Karen says, "traaaayyyyzure"

I too didn't notice "pleaseure" at first... I knew the moment I saw the funky font size that it wasn't good news. Glad to know something though! 

Just now, CatBowl said:

Also, @kendalldinniene, like Karen says, "traaaayyyyzure"

I too didn't notice "pleaseure" at first... I knew the moment I saw the funky font size that it wasn't good news. Glad to know something though! 

There hasn’t been Playyyyyzure here in 25 years!

@hgtvdeathdrive i emailed my POI last week and they forwarded it to the DGS... who has not responded. i also called probably two weeks ago to ask about their timeline, and i was told that admissions were rolling until april 15th. so i've got nothing really lol

Just now, mandelbulb said:

@hgtvdeathdrive i emailed my POI last week and they forwarded it to the DGS... who has not responded. i also called probably two weeks ago to ask about their timeline, and i was told that admissions were rolling until april 15th. so i've got nothing really lol

lol i'm dyin! i need to know if i'm planning a cross country move or not!!!

Just now, hgtvdeathdrive said:

lol i'm dyin! i need to know if i'm planning a cross country move or not!!!

they notified rejections last year so much earlier. i wonder what's been the hold up this year?

1 minute ago, mandelbulb said:

they notified rejections last year so much earlier. i wonder what's been the hold up this year?

right? however, it's obviously not an enthusiastic acceptance if, on the off chance, i'm on an invisible waitlist. i just want closure ?

@hgtvdeathdrive @mandelbulb I'm in the saaaaaaame boat. I currently live in CA, but I'm definitely spending the first few months of the summer at my family's house (not in CA). I need to figure out whether I can leave my car in CA! I need to figure out whether I'm moving all of my stuff out of my current apartment, or getting a storage unit!

Who would've thought a university could ghost you, smh...

@hgtvdeathdrive @Bopie5 no one has at least reported a late breaking acceptance but doesn't mean it didn't happen. also, i don't see any waitlist notifications on the board for this year when generally those have gone out. keep in mind, their website says they made 26 offers last year when on the board it seems only 3 people reported their acceptance... so there's a lot that's missing. it's not over until it's over, but if it is over, hopefully that can be soon lol 

Edited by mandelbulb

33 minutes ago, mandelbulb said:

@hgtvdeathdrive @Bopie5 no one has at least reported a late breaking acceptance but doesn't mean it didn't happen. also, i don't see any waitlist notifications on the board for this year when generally those have gone out. keep in mind, their website says they made 26 offers last year when on the board it seems only 3 people reported their acceptance... so there's a lot that's missing. it's not over until it's over, but if it is over, hopefully that can be soon lol 

Yeah the lack of waitlist and small amount of acceptances is what gives me pause. Although to be honest I’ve counted this as a flat rejection ever since I didn’t get the call in early Feb, and have told everyone that I’m shut out from all PhD programs.

2 hours ago, Bopie5 said:

and have told everyone that I’m shut out from all PhD programs.

Don't give up!  I'm all to familiar with that feeling and perseverance is key.  Plenty of us here that have been through that.  You're not alone =)

16 minutes ago, Ternwild said:

Don't give up!  I'm all to familiar with that feeling and perseverance is key.  Plenty of us here that have been through that.  You're not alone ?

Thanks for the encouragement ☺️ I have my fingers crossed for acceptance and funding at Villanova! And if not, for better things in the 2020 cycle.