3 hours ago, CaffeineCardigan said:

Right? I'm just a little salty but mostly amused. 

Maybe "pleaseure" is a new word meaning it's very much not been a pleasure? Like, "please(don't apply again)-ure"? 

Hahaha, I didn’t even see that error until y’all mentioned it. I kinda stopped reading after seeing the comically small font my name was in that didn’t match the body of the email (classy) and “regret”. However now I’m reading “pleaseure” (which my phone wants to change to “please uterus”) like some creep in an animated movie says “treasure”: playyyyyyyyyzure.

What a great morning.

1 hour ago, kendalldinniene said:

like some creep in an animated movie says “treasure”: playyyyyyyyyzure

Also, @kendalldinniene, like Karen says, "traaaayyyyzure"

I too didn't notice "pleaseure" at first... I knew the moment I saw the funky font size that it wasn't good news. Glad to know something though! 

Just now, CatBowl said:

Also, @kendalldinniene, like Karen says, "traaaayyyyzure"

I too didn't notice "pleaseure" at first... I knew the moment I saw the funky font size that it wasn't good news. Glad to know something though! 

There hasn’t been Playyyyyzure here in 25 years!

14 minutes ago, kendalldinniene said:

There hasn’t been Playyyyyzure here in 25 years!

I'm out of reacts but LMAO 

has anyone contacted Davis or heard from them recently? it's not a good fit & obv acceptances went out last month but i don't want to email and solicit my rejection if it's coming soon anyway 😬

@hgtvdeathdrive i emailed my POI last week and they forwarded it to the DGS... who has not responded. i also called probably two weeks ago to ask about their timeline, and i was told that admissions were rolling until april 15th. so i've got nothing really lol

Just now, mandelbulb said:

@hgtvdeathdrive i emailed my POI last week and they forwarded it to the DGS... who has not responded. i also called probably two weeks ago to ask about their timeline, and i was told that admissions were rolling until april 15th. so i've got nothing really lol

lol i'm dyin! i need to know if i'm planning a cross country move or not!!!

Just now, hgtvdeathdrive said:

lol i'm dyin! i need to know if i'm planning a cross country move or not!!!

they notified rejections last year so much earlier. i wonder what's been the hold up this year?

1 minute ago, mandelbulb said:

they notified rejections last year so much earlier. i wonder what's been the hold up this year?

right? however, it's obviously not an enthusiastic acceptance if, on the off chance, i'm on an invisible waitlist. i just want closure 😕

@hgtvdeathdrive @mandelbulb I'm in the saaaaaaame boat. I currently live in CA, but I'm definitely spending the first few months of the summer at my family's house (not in CA). I need to figure out whether I can leave my car in CA! I need to figure out whether I'm moving all of my stuff out of my current apartment, or getting a storage unit!

Who would've thought a university could ghost you, smh...

Posted (edited)

@hgtvdeathdrive @Bopie5 no one has at least reported a late breaking acceptance but doesn't mean it didn't happen. also, i don't see any waitlist notifications on the board for this year when generally those have gone out. keep in mind, their website says they made 26 offers last year when on the board it seems only 3 people reported their acceptance... so there's a lot that's missing. it's not over until it's over, but if it is over, hopefully that can be soon lol 

Edited by mandelbulb

33 minutes ago, mandelbulb said:

@hgtvdeathdrive @Bopie5 no one has at least reported a late breaking acceptance but doesn't mean it didn't happen. also, i don't see any waitlist notifications on the board for this year when generally those have gone out. keep in mind, their website says they made 26 offers last year when on the board it seems only 3 people reported their acceptance... so there's a lot that's missing. it's not over until it's over, but if it is over, hopefully that can be soon lol 

Yeah the lack of waitlist and small amount of acceptances is what gives me pause. Although to be honest I’ve counted this as a flat rejection ever since I didn’t get the call in early Feb, and have told everyone that I’m shut out from all PhD programs.

2 hours ago, Bopie5 said:

and have told everyone that I’m shut out from all PhD programs.

Don't give up!  I'm all to familiar with that feeling and perseverance is key.  Plenty of us here that have been through that.  You're not alone =)

16 minutes ago, Ternwild said:

Don't give up!  I'm all to familiar with that feeling and perseverance is key.  Plenty of us here that have been through that.  You're not alone 😃

Thanks for the encouragement ☺️ I have my fingers crossed for acceptance and funding at Villanova! And if not, for better things in the 2020 cycle.

Just now, Bopie5 said:

Thanks for the encouragement ☺️ I have my fingers crossed for acceptance and funding at Villanova! And if not, for better things in the 2020 cycle.

Damn right. 😃  You've got this. 

Yea I am wondering the same thing about Davis. However, my guess is like Santa Cruz they have an invisible waitlist. I kinda wish they could cut them off though and send out the absolute rejections. Same with UIUC! Same with UBC, apparently they've sent out acceptances, but no one on gradcafe noted one and now they're holding out the rejections.

Either way I cannot accept the UCSC offer in my portal yet so I guess I have to wait either way. 

I’m finding schools to be less informative this cycle. I’m a bit miffed at Emory since I emailed the department a while ago and they never emailed back, even though they were among the first to have their visit and decisions. I only got the Grad School email yesterday and I don’t appreciate going through the whole process only for someone to say “I don’t have to respond to this person, someone will get to it sooner or later”.

5 hours ago, WildeThing said:

I’m finding schools to be less informative this cycle. I’m a bit miffed at Emory since I emailed the department a while ago and they never emailed back, even though they were among the first to have their visit and decisions. I only got the Grad School email yesterday and I don’t appreciate going through the whole process only for someone to say “I don’t have to respond to this person, someone will get to it sooner or later”.

And apparently Emory's not done stringing us along, as I have yet to hear a peep from them since applying. Same with NYU... It'd be nice to just have some closure.

BTW I'm also waitlisted at GWU; have you heard anything from them besides the form letter on the website? Wondering how the waitlist works etc.

I sound like a broken record, but does anyone have any information on Baylor? I have emailed twice, both last week and this week, with no response. I called yesterday and the lady I spoke with had no information at all (at least that she was willing to reveal). After the strange post-deadline request for writing samples back in January, I’d have thought they would be more informative. In any event, they’re the last school I’m waiting from, and my patience is wearing thin (as is everyone’s). 

Today I received notice of acceptance to the MA program at NYU (as well as rejection from PhD). The offer comes with 60% of tuition covered, no help with fees/registration, and no stipend/benefits. Will most likely turn down, but happy to finally hear some news from this school!!

Anyone still waiting to hear back from Duquesne (MA)??😬😬😬 Just making sure I didn't apply to the High School, or something, by accident.  

Hey, is it normal to still be waiting on SIX schools? I'm potentially looking at a huge move and I applied to some of these on like December 1st so... I'm kind of losing my mind here. Also, does anyone else start to feel a bit resentful toward the schools that take long? 😬

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, effietheant said:

Hey, is it normal to still be waiting on SIX schools? I'm potentially looking at a huge move and I applied to some of these on like December 1st so... I'm kind of losing my mind here. Also, does anyone else start to feel a bit resentful toward the schools that take long? 😬

I felt that way about Irvine and just emailed them— I ended up being on a waitlist. Some schools have “hidden” waitlists so it might be worth reaching out to see if decisions have been released yet at this point. 

Edited by swarthmawr